Using App to Book Showtimes and Onboard Activities

Sorry if this question is out there already. I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if I can reserve show times on Symphony of the Seas using the RCCL App? or do I need to go to The Box Office once on board? How about for activities like Waterslides, Abyss, Laser Tag, Escape Room? Can I reserve times using the App also? Thanks for your help anyone!

We were just on Allure;  you cannot reserve show times until you are onboard, whether using the RCCL App, or going to the Box Office.We didn't do activities like waterslides, Abyss, etc.  Sorry I couldn't answer your other questions.

Have a great time on the Symphony!

43 minutes ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Sorry if this question is out there already. I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if I can reserve show times on Symphony of the Seas using the RCCL App? or do I need to go to The Box Office once on board? How about for activities like Waterslides, Abyss, Laser Tag, Escape Room? Can I reserve times using the App also? Thanks for your help anyone!

You do not book times for the waterslides or Abyss.  Those are first come first served.  You can book the escape room? There is a fee.  Not sure about laser tag 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Does anyone know if I can reserve show times on Symphony of the Seas using the RCCL App? or do I need to go to The Box Office once on board?

Some have reported that even on the ship the shows are not available to book in the app - this seems to be a Symphony only thing, works on other ships. You may need to use another method to book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Some have reported that even on the ship the shows are not available to book in the app - this seems to be a Symphony only thing, works on other ships. You may need to use another method to book.

Thanks for the heads up Biker19! Looks like I will be going to the Box Office as soon as I board.

15 minutes ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Thanks for the heads up Biker19! Looks like I will be going to the Box Office as soon as I board.

I was on Symphony for 2 weeks in March and had no issues booking entertainment through the app.  What the difference is with Symphony is (at least in my experience) that until you board you cannot see the entertainment unlike other ships where you are able to view the schedule beforehand

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What the difference is with Symphony is (at least in my experience) that until you board you cannot see the entertainment unlike other ships where you are able to view the schedule beforehand

You usually can't see the bookable shows on any ship before they sail - the diff with Symphony is that you can't see them off ship even after she sails and about two months ago someone reported that it didn't work even on the ship - that part must have been fixed by now.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You usually can't see the bookable shows on any ship before they sail - the diff with Symphony is that you can't see them off ship even after she sails and about two months ago someone reported that it didn't work even on the ship - that part must have been fixed by now.

I had no issues seeing the shows and booking the shows on my Symphony sailing in early March so like you said they must have fixed it.  I still couldn't see the full entertaiment schedule until I connected to ships wifi

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

I don't know how accurate the app entertainment information is before the cruise. We will be on Allure on May 8, and I'm seeing Easter scavenger hunt as one of our events. 

and prior to boarding our February Navigator, it listed Christmas activities.  It's definitely not accurate until you board and connect to the ship's WiFi.  And even then, not always totally correct.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

and prior to boarding our February Navigator, it listed Christmas activities.  It's definitely not accurate until you board and connect to the ship's WiFi.  And even then, not always totally correct.  

Even then they might not all show up at once.  We found that more shows got added to book as the day or days wore on.

• Like 2

With everything being so "fluid" these days and up in the air, I can get why show schedules are not released beforehand and honestly I'm not going to let an entertainment schedule run MY personal schedule while on a cruise vacation... 

...Let's ALL remember that we are on vacation....a well deserved break from our every day lives and ENJOY! 

4 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I assumed the app was being its usual unreliable self when I saw Wonder had a New Year’s Eve party scheduled during the current TA.

Oh, me of little faith. A New Year’s Eve party it was. On April 26th. Why? Why not! 

So maybe my May cruise will have an Easter scavenger hunt after all lol!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was on Symphony for 2 weeks in March and had no issues booking entertainment through the app.  What the difference is with Symphony is (at least in my experience) that until you board you cannot see the entertainment unlike other ships where you are able to view the schedule beforehand

I was on Symphony back in February, 2020, one of her last sailings before the shutdown.  I reserved all the entertainment shows in advance of sailing, using the Cruise Planner on their web site.  That way, I could coordinate show times with My Time Dining reservations and didn't miss out on anything that I wanted to see.

Now, it seems to be all App, App, App for everything... and the dumb thing doesn't even work half the time. Why can't RC go back to the way things used to be for Oasis class ships, which are always busy and need some things planned in advance?  It was simple when everything was reserved ahead of time, so that you could just relax and enjoy your vacation when you're onboard.

4 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

I was on Symphony back in February, 2020, one of her last sailings before the shutdown.  I reserved all the entertainment shows in advance of sailing, using the Cruise Planner on their web site.  That way, I could coordinate show times with My Time Dining reservations and didn't miss out on anything that I wanted to see.

Now, it seems to be all App, App, App for everything... and the dumb thing doesn't even work half the time. Why can't RC go back to the way things used to be for Oasis class ships, which are always busy and need some things planned in advance?  It was simple when everything was reserved ahead of time, so that you could just relax and enjoy your vacation when you're onboard.

I absolutely agree.  I have done the Oasis class ships about 5 times before COVID and booking the entertainment was so easy.  I can't imagine having to try to do it once on the ship.  Crazy!

• Like 1

isnt the problem that they dont know the entertainment times beforehand?  concierge emailed me a week ago and i told him what i wanted in general and they told me they dont have the entertainment schedule till the day before booking. if you assume this is true, then it's literally impossible to book anything far ahead of time. 

if on the other hand, they lied, then still it's true that the times for things arent on the app weeks in advance. or in the past were things known weeks in advance?