Vaccination. We are validating your record.

cricketlover

There are several threads about this which may provide additional information if you are interested.  But no matter how long the process, as it is done manually, you are still required to show your vaccination record at check in, so there will be no issues with boarding should the validation take long.  But be sure you take that record with you as they will ask to see it along with your negative test results and ID.

BTW in our experience on our last three cruises since October it took between 2 days and 2 weeks.  We have one pending since yesterday currently for June.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

For our upcoming cruise (May 23) I actually submitted twice. First time, for the question about "date of last vaccination" I put in March of 2021. But I got to thinking, always a risky business with me! I went back into the app 5-6 days later, "resubmitted" our vaccination records, this time using the October 2021 date of our booster. I don't know if that made any difference, just got Validated yesterday. We are planning on a second booster, I don't think I will resubmit again.

Stan

13 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

For our upcoming cruise (May 23) I actually submitted twice. First time, for the question about "date of last vaccination" I put in March of 2021. But I got to thinking, always a risky business with me! I went back into the app 5-6 days later, "resubmitted" our vaccination records, this time using the October 2021 date of our booster. I don't know if that made any difference, just got Validated yesterday. We are planning on a second booster, I don't think I will resubmit again.

Stan

No need to resubmit as Celebrity, while strongly recommending them, does not require the booster. So it won't have any impact on boarding.  Besides, they will know your full vaccination record at check in as they ask to see it then.

46 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

There is now a place for both the vaccine and booster. Same with RCI. 

• Thanks 1

Still waiting for my vax to be validated.  Also, have not received any info from Celebrity about the Bermuda ETA form.  There is nothing on Celebrity website about the ETA.  Could Celebrity be waiting to see if it goes away or are they just keeping guests in the dark?  I sail in June.

15 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Also, have not received any info from Celebrity about the Bermuda ETA form.  There is nothing on Celebrity website about the ETA.  Could Celebrity be waiting to see if it goes away or are they just keeping guests in the dark?  I sail in June.

There would be no benefit that I could see to keeping people in the dark.  Hopefully they are just waiting to see what the final protocols will be with your sailing.  They typically do a last update 30 days prior to sailing.  Hopefully, as well, you will hear soon.

1 minute ago, Redtravel said:

Still waiting for my vax to be validated.  Also, have not received any info from Celebrity about the Bermuda ETA form.  There is nothing on Celebrity website about the ETA.  Could Celebrity be waiting to see if it goes away or are they just keeping guests in the dark?  I sail in June.

To be sure, X's out is that each passenger is responsible for knowing what documents are required to sail and enter countries where the ship will doc.

Otherwise, we can be denied boarding at the pier for not having the proper documents to board, which is a requirement.

There have been a few threads which have discussed the need of a TA to enter Bermuda and the hassle of boarding or even being denied boarding on other lines.

Since you have indicated that you know about the TA, then you can go to the website and complete it. The only real issue is surrounding if or when or how the C-19 test required if more than two (2) days before arrival in Bermuda will be handled, IMO.

If you sail in June the ability to complete the TA cannot be done before 30 days in advance of your sailing. Things may and can change by then, as they have in the previous 30 days.

Keep monitoring the Bermuda website and here on CC about what is and/or be required, which most likely change by the time  you are to sail.

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We are on the May 4 sailing and received the info about the Bermuda authorization yesterday. You will be informed by Celebrity. We are lucky since we are on Cruise Critic so learned before the rest of the passengers .

I am sure Celebrity is still working on changes.

I did just what you tried many times.  Noticed that when I brought up the picture of the vaccine card it said "Complete".  However when I hit submit it went back to "incomplete".  I have a really great TA so I emailed her with pictures of the vaccine cards and she took care of it by sending it to the "Star" desk.  Don't know what happened but it is now all done and the Vaccination step is now green.  

Edited by earlydiner

Our app check-in didn't open up until 14 days prior to cruise date.  Never did get 'verification' before we cruised.  No matter.  They're going to inspect the same document when you get to the pier and when you get to check-in desk.  Doesn't seem to matter whether you do any of this electronically or not.