What is RCL doing?

J0Y0US

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, it does indeed effect dining and entertainment bookings.  Since the restart, these things can only be booked once onboard. First onboard, gets first crack at reservations.

No, I set my dining times prior to even boarding,as far as scheduling some entertainment times, that you need the app to do.

Edited by rhino7176

On 4/29/2022 at 12:06 AM, J0Y0US said:

So there is no mention of actual check in time yet they randomly change checkin time.

It was said to be last night for me. I stayed up for the EST 12pm, my cruise port 12pm PST time, and for the ship time which was a random time in the pacific ocean. No check in was out there. Then now I am yet on another day of EST 12pm and nothing. Which is the end of the day my app said the checkin would occur.

So sick of being janked around.

I realize this was just one post, but you need serious help if you get this upset over something this trivial. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

From my understanding I can't book dining until on the ship for unlimited dining. I also can't book entertainment until on the ship supposedly? 

Also right now it seems like AO is open for kids but don't want to risk things changing and it's a first come first serve booking for a certain number of time slots. 

If I could pre-book everything like a Disney trip I likely wouldn't worry as much about arrival time. 

Correct, as I understand it, regarding UDP. But that is easily done as well by talking with a maître d at any of the restaurants - they can arrange the week for you at all of the restaurants.   

You don't say which ship, but if it is an Oasis class ship - as mentioned before -  the entertainment for the Broadway, Aqua theater, Ice, and Comedy shows would be booked on board via the app. And only those ships with Broadway shows (and some shows on Quantum class ships) require reservations. All other ships and entertainment do not do reservations. 

For those ships, it used to be done in advance via the planner, but since the restart that has not been available.  My understanding is it is an IT thing that they hope to have back up to speed at some point.  But you will not have an issue doing it on board - just do it early.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 4/29/2022 at 11:29 PM, J0Y0US said:

If I could pre-book everything like a Disney trip I likely wouldn't worry as much about arrival time. 

Well if that is important then paying 3 - 4 times more for your cruise IS worth it.