Marco on board

newbie cruissy

He usually gives a talk  or Q&A in the theatre. He does a meet and greet at the MDR - I assume he visits other venues as well. Pre covid this was a photo opportunity. Sometimes he does a cookery class - which as I can't cook is wasted on me. He is very charming. 

• Like 1

I paid for dinner with him on one cruise.  A table of 14 in Sindhu (also did the same with a group of Strictly dancers on one of their special cruises). Marco was as said previously charming and very amusing. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I paid for dinner with him on one cruise.  A table of 14 in Sindhu (also did the same with a group of Strictly dancers on one of their special cruises). Marco was as said previously charming and very amusing. 

We have eaten at his restaurants a few times. He can cook a bit as well.🤣

• Like 1

He is one of the chefs who will actually spend time talking to you. At a book signing he takes time to engage,  not just push a pre signed recipe book at customers. I would agree with those above that he is charming (and I’m not easily charmed).

There will be some special events when he is onboard as described above.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:05 AM, zap99 said:

We have eaten at his restaurants a few times. He can cook a bit as well.🤣

He has well over 40 restaurants - what are the chances that he will be in the kitchen when you are eating in one of his restaurants? 

• Like 1

Oh I had he been on Iona on our last cruise when his apparently endorsed Chef’s Table menu was served……yikes. I predict we would have had fireworks at their cooking of the meal - which would have at least been an entertaining diversion for us 🤣

But he really is a lovely chap: very friendly and engaging. And he is a terrific chef.

Edited by Camberley

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

He has well over 40 restaurants - what are the chances that he will be in the kitchen when you are eating in one of his restaurants? 

Slim, which you won't be if you eat at 40 of his restaurants. We were on Ocean Village when James Martin was cooking. He can knock out a decent dinner as well.🤣

He’s been on a ship recently, possibly Iona? and I’ve seen several posts ‘elsewhere’ saying what a lovely man he was! Sounds like it will be great.

We went on an excursion to a vinery with Olly Smith (wine expert) once and it was brilliant! Glad P&O are bringing these events back.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

Was on Britannia a few years ago. Did a cooking class with him. He was charming and informative. Still use his recipe and tips for cooking risotto  Also did a Q& A which was amusing 

• Like 1

A friend of ours met Marco at the opening of a restaurant where her daughter worked several years ago,she remembers him as one of the rudest men she has ever met...must have been an off day!😮

James Martin was on Britannia when we sailed back from the Caribbean a few years ago,bumped into him  & chatted a number of times & went to his book signing,now he was a nice guy!