Review of Ambience - ex-Pacific Dawn

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed that.

Ā 

Yes, she still looks very P&O in so many places, and even very Regal Princess in the generic cabins. I always called that carpet seasick camouflage carpet, but I love the corona reference.

Ā 

A friend of mine was also at the naming, and I have seen many of her photos. I set her a challenge of finding the tiger. Still not sighted, and no longer in her spot in the dome shown in the video. Maybe the bitcoin bloke scored a souvenir.Ā Ā 

574445380_0154_23.06BengalLoungedeck7P4230161.jpg.cc7665b6a6303a0ff957698a5db945f5.jpg.fd3e6fe7e3bee5a03b941260db09cd74.jpg

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Cruised on Regal Princess 26 years ago šŸ™„Ā 

I was on her last cruise, August/Sept 2007, before conversion - LA to Sydney, great ship back then.

Ā 

So where is the Bengal Tiger now, I ask?Ā 

21779725982_fdc5dfcb8d_k.thumb.jpg.7f53a84594c959d0fdb11dc0c6c07129.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think the Tiger was removed and can now be found on one of the former Princess ships that is now under the P&O (Australia) banner.

I hope you are right. It would be great to see the tiger again. We will see when we go on the Pacific Explorer or the Pacific Encounter.

Edited by Aus Traveller

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I hope you are right. It would be great to see the tiger again. We will see when we go on the Pacific Explorer or the Pacific Encounter.

I think it could be hiding on Pacific Explorer.

PO-Cruises-President-Sture-Myrmell-and-Senior-Vice-President-Guest-Experience-Peter-Little-onboard-Pacific-Explorer-with-the-popular-bronze-tiger.jpg.e053accac9c38ccb8de7843268f10ed0.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

WooHoo, I missed the connection.Ā 

Ā 

From Bengal Bar to The Dome and now Black Circus on Pacific Explorer.

tiger.jpg.1266ac9e2f588773efb77eb6e7c6c3d8.jpg

Ā 

Only a month till I get to hear ZJ saying Boi the Toiger

You have solved the mystery. Thank you. Unfortunately we are going on the Pacific Encounter so won't meet up with the tiger.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

WooHoo, I missed the connection.Ā 

Ā 

From Bengal Bar to The Dome and now Black Circus on Pacific Explorer.

tiger.jpg.1266ac9e2f588773efb77eb6e7c6c3d8.jpg

Ā 

Only a month till I get to hear ZJ saying Boi the Toiger

There it is, resplendent. Uncle Les was right. Thank you Mr Arxcards, or is it Mrs Arxcards, lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You have solved the mystery. Thank you. Unfortunately we are going on the Pacific Encounter so won't meet up with the tiger.

Glad I know, but I didn't solve it.Ā I wrongly presumed she was still aboard Pacific Dawn when she was sold.

Ā 

I am glad they are treating the tiger like an heirloom, so we can see her move from ship to ship over the coming decades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

With the name Geoff, I think it is 'Mr Arxcards'. šŸ™‚

Yeah, Mrs Arxcards has got better things to doĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

But I guess you never know know who is what in an online space.

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, bazzaw said:

Ā  Personally I thought she looks pretty good - although the cabins are a bit tired .Ā 

Not sure about the colour scheme Bazz.

Prince would have approved.

We cruised on the Dawn half a dozen time and really enjoyed it even though we knew it was getting very tired and had seen itā€™s day.

Not sure if P&O fits where we are nowadays.

Ā 

There may still be a mystery.Ā 

Ā 

It seems that the Dawn Toiger was still in place in the Dome at the time Explorer Toiger appeared. Needs more scrutiny, as there may be two toigers.

23 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

I remember the Dawn tiger as a different colour. A dark colour, maybe black?

I believe it is the same tiger and it is just the light that is making it look different. I have had a quick look at some images on the internet of the Pacific Dawn years ago and the tiger is definitely the same.šŸ™‚

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I believe it is the same tiger and it is just the light that is making it look different. I have had a quick look at some images on the internet of the Pacific Dawn years ago and the tiger is definitely the same.šŸ™‚

The one on Explorer does look a bit newer to me, but it could have been refinished. They both have that brass/bronze look, but I felt when last looking at the one on the Dawn, that it had signs of wear from people climbing over it for year after year.

Just now, arxcards said:

The one on Explorer does look a bit newer to me, but it could have been refinished. They both have that brass/bronze look, but I felt when last looking at the one on the Dawn, that it had signs of wear from people climbing over it for year after year.

It could have been buffed up a bit, or maybe even a good cleaning could have brightened it up.

• Like 1