Wrong Birthday on Covid Test Results?

lnoel93

My parents leave on the Carnival Splendor on Monday and they just received their Walgreens test results back however when I made the appointments for them I accidentally entered the wrong birth year for my father. (My mothers birth year instead) Walgreens says that they cant correct the date. Do you think he will have a problem getting on the ship? Any ideas what we should do? They have already taken off for their flight. 

5 minutes ago, lnoel93 said:

My parents leave on the Carnival Splendor on Monday and they just received their Walgreens test results back however when I made the appointments for them I accidentally entered the wrong birth year for my father. (My mothers birth year instead) Walgreens says that they cant correct the date. Do you think he will have a problem getting on the ship? Any ideas what we should do? They have already taken off for their flight. 

I doubt anyone will be checking birthdates as well as all the vaccination and test results. Dont worry,

• Like 1

I can confirm that they were adamant that they had to verify my husband's date of birth on his covid test before they would approve it recently in Port Canaveral.  His test was was done at a different place than the rest of us (so his results were in a different format) and it took us a minute to locate it, but they told us to either show them the birthdate on the results or get re-tested.

If I were him, I would take another test as soon as possible (or I guess at the port if that is an option).

We have been on 7 cruises since they have been requiring the test results and we have observed issues similar to this - unfortunately re-testing is the only resolution I have seen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pikwe012 said:

I doubt anyone will be checking birthdates as well as all the vaccination and test results. Dont worry,

I wouldn't tell anyone "don't worry" unless you know for a fact that this isn't an issue. It would really suck for someone to take advice like that from an anonymous person on the internet and then get to the port only to find out otherwise.

From everything I've read it's a big issue as Carnival explicitly says the birthdates on all documents must match, and I recall seeing posts on here where that's been a problem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

well, someone just ruined mom and dads trip and travel insurance isn't going to fix this either unless you got Carnivals insurance. This insurance provides Cancel For Any Reason. So if they don't allow him to board the ship, you can cancel up to the ship Scheduled Departure time and receive a 75% credit to a future cruise.

Maybe a ship is leaving tomorrow and he can get a proper test with proper documentation to present tomorrow.

Edited by klfrodo

Even if you don't sign up for testing at the terminal they will likely send you to it if they don't take his test result. On two cruises we have met people whose tests were not accepted. The person at check in just sent them to the terminal testing area and they got tested, though they were not happy about the tests they brought with them not being accepted and with paying $100 each for the Carnival test.

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

I can confirm that they were adamant that they had to verify my husband's date of birth on his covid test before they would approve it recently in Port Canaveral.  His test was was done at a different place than the rest of us (so his results were in a different format) and it took us a minute to locate it, but they told us to either show them the birthdate on the results or get re-tested.

If I were him, I would take another test as soon as possible (or I guess at the port if that is an option).

We have been on 7 cruises since they have been requiring the test results and we have observed issues similar to this - unfortunately re-testing is the only resolution I have seen.

Same thing happened to us at port of Miami for our cruise.  Person did not immediately spot our birthdates on the test, snd said she had to "elevate us to a supervisor."  I pointed out where the birthdates were, and all was okay.  They did not compare birthdate to anything - just wanted to see it was there.  Hopefully all will be well for your parents.

4 hours ago, pikwe012 said:

They probably won't be checking the documents that quickly, you're right. But they certainly could/should and if they do, these people will have to figure something out quickly to get on board. Likely a pier test at significant cost compared to finding another free test at CVS/Walgreens/health department.

I am on the same cruise. There has been a lot of last minute updates and confusion regarding when to test, what type of test, completing ArriveCAN & VeriFLY, etc. I Expect there will be a lot of confusion at the pier due to those issues, the first sailing of the ship in 2 years, the first cruise for many of the workers at the  piet, etc. Hopefully they will just check the name, results and date of the test, but I would have a backup plan just in case. 

As a last minute option, I did see testing near the baggage claim at the airport, but it was $ 250 per person 😩

Edited by JT1962

They don't check every field in great detail, but the name, date of birth, type of test, and result have been specifically checked on each cruise we've taken.  I'd absolutely take another over taking the risk.  Good luck!

I handed in my fresh test for last Saturday on Panorama. It was the same test as last month that was readily accepted. My wife and I were sent to the naughty desk because our birthdates were not on the Kaiser test results. I showed our medical record number was on the page, and we had insurance cards that matched the record number and names exactly, and our passports had the same birthdates with exact same name. Two rubber stamps and we were on our way. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lnoel93 said:

It could be a problem, but if they don't have time for another test, don't worry about it.  The cruise line appeared to be more focused on matching names with a negative test when we got on our ship.

48 minutes ago, travelhound said:

It could be a problem, but if they don't have time for another test, don't worry about it.  The cruise line appeared to be more focused on matching names with a negative test when we got on our ship.

That was not our experience sailing several times out of Miami - birthdate was one of the things that they specifically checked, and mentioned out loud.  That said, Moviela makes a good point - especially if you can prove it another way, it's still absolutely worth a shot.

11 hours ago, Moviela said:

I handed in my fresh test for last Saturday on Panorama. It was the same test as last month that was readily accepted. My wife and I were sent to the naughty desk because our birthdates were not on the Kaiser test results. I showed our medical record number was on the page, and we had insurance cards that matched the record number and names exactly, and our passports had the same birthdates with exact same name. Two rubber stamps and we were on our way. 

That's excellent, useful advice - comb through the test results and find anything that confirms your identity otherwise, and have the associated account information available for them.  In my case, I see that my insurance member ID number is on my test results, and I can pull that up and show the birthdates associated with that member ID number.  I'd still much rather take another test, but if that's not possible, there are ways to make it easier for a supervisor to give you a pass.  

Had a dramatic personal experience with a traveling family member. The couple traveled together to our last Cruise. They are husband and wife and took the Covid tests together on the same day and time prior to flying. Had both of their negative test results printed hard copy to show at the Cruise Terminal.

When they were in line for boarding the customer service representative noticed that one of the couple had the day prior stamped as the day of testing. Somehow the testing facility had entered the wrong testing date. This minor mistake by the testing facility caused a three hour delay in boarding for the totally stressed spouse. They had to meet with several Carnival staff, Doctors and security. They had to retest ($150.00) and could not participate in any close contact activities for 48 hours after boarding. 

Please whatever you do, triple check all documents prior to leaving for your Cruises. A lesson well learned by all in our party.    

We always get our cruise testing done at AFC. (American Family Care). They do a wonderful job, but only put our names and date tested on the printout.  Each time I have to nicely ask them to reprint the results with name, date, address, dob.   I explain that Carnival will not let us cruise without this info on the test printout.  So far so good.  As others have said, always check the test results to see if all the info needed is on there.

On 4/30/2022 at 1:29 PM, pikwe012 said:

The person who checked me in spent way more time securitizing my test than my passport.  She then compared name, DOB and dates on the passport, vax card and test results 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:37 PM, icft said:

Even if you don't sign up for testing at the terminal they will likely send you to it if they don't take his test result. On two cruises we have met people whose tests were not accepted. The person at check in just sent them to the terminal testing area and they got tested, though they were not happy about the tests they brought with them not being accepted and with paying $100 each for the Carnival test.

How do I sign up for testing at  the terminal? I've searched the Carnival website and can't find anything?

We're sailing on Glory from New Orleans 8th May.

4 hours ago, charlie-le-chat said:

How do I sign up for testing at  the terminal? I've searched the Carnival website and can't find anything?

We're sailing on Glory from New Orleans 8th May.

Go to:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

Scroll about a quarter way down the page to "Where Can I Get a COVID-19 Test"

37 minutes ago, icft said:

Go to:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

Scroll about a quarter way down the page to "Where Can I Get a COVID-19 Test"

Very helpful thanks. Have you any idea how long the wait for results is? Is it feasable to test just before boarding. Not done this before.

6 minutes ago, charlie-le-chat said:

Very helpful thanks. Have you any idea how long the wait for results is? Is it feasable to test just before boarding. Not done this before.

You take the test as part of the boarding process. When you arrive at the terminal and go to the first "stop" where they check your boarding pass, passport etc. you let them know you have an appointment for the covid test. They walk you to the testing area where you take the test. The one time we did it the results were back in about fifteen minutes.

That is the short and sweet. The longer version involves the emails you get to show you have an appointment and show the test results. I don't remember exactly how that works but we, not being real good with smart phones, managed to do it. The one thing I do remember is that you need to have those emails on your phone with you at the terminal so use an email that goes to your phone.

44 minutes ago, icft said:

You take the test as part of the boarding process. When you arrive at the terminal and go to the first "stop" where they check your boarding pass, passport etc. you let them know you have an appointment for the covid test. They walk you to the testing area where you take the test. The one time we did it the results were back in about fifteen minutes.

That is the short and sweet. The longer version involves the emails you get to show you have an appointment and show the test results. I don't remember exactly how that works but we, not being real good with smart phones, managed to do it. The one thing I do remember is that you need to have those emails on your phone with you at the terminal so use an email that goes to your phone.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. We have booked.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:28 PM, pe4all said:

Same thing happened to us at port of Miami for our cruise.  Person did not immediately spot our birthdates on the test, snd said she had to "elevate us to a supervisor."  I pointed out where the birthdates were, and all was okay.  They did not compare birthdate to anything - just wanted to see it was there.  Hopefully all will be well for your parents.

That is why i print out our test results and highlight all the info they are looking for.  There are so many test result formats that by doing the highlighting it makes sure they can find the info.