Majestic April 30 -May 7

Wink87

I have a question!  Approximately how full, percentage wise, is the ship at on this sailing?  We’re on the 14-day Alaska starting Saturday and we’re hoping it’s maybe as “empty” as the Koningsdam was last October!

Ok, another question... has Princess said anything about on-ship Covid testing (complementary or not) for Americans who will be flying home from YVR and need a negative test?  An "updated" Princess FAQ states "Voyages ending in Canada: Guests are responsible to arrange their COVID-19 tests and pay directly to the testing facility. "

However, there have been reports that Princess is testing on-board the day before disembarkation for some people. 

7 hours ago, mark71mark said:

Ok, another question... has Princess said anything about on-ship Covid testing (complementary or not) for Americans who will be flying home from YVR and need a negative test?  An "updated" Princess FAQ states "Voyages ending in Canada: Guests are responsible to arrange their COVID-19 tests and pay directly to the testing facility. "

However, there have been reports that Princess is testing on-board the day before disembarkation for some people. 

Wow. We sail in 9 days  and I see they JUST  updated this wording. How are we supposed to 'arrange our own testing' in Vancouver?  We have a 1pm flight back to the US! And no actual notification from Princess other than having to check FAQS daily. I too have read the reports of testing occuring on board the day prior to disembarkation. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

On 5/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

Wow. We sail in 9 days  and I see they JUST  updated this wording. How are we supposed to 'arrange our own testing' in Vancouver?  We have a 1pm flight back to the US! And no actual notification from Princess other than having to check FAQS daily. I too have read the reports of testing occuring on board the day prior to disembarkation. 

We just got off majestic in Vancouver, spoke to a few Americans flying home and they were given tests the day before we docked, in order to fly home. 

4 minutes ago, mameeo said:

We just got off majestic in Vancouver, spoke to a few Americans flying home and they were given tests the day before we docked, in order to fly home. 

Thanks. That is good news for the folks on your cruise. I have a feeling they were able to slip in under the 'old' rules because the cruise was already underway. 

I am on the Majestic June 18, 2022 sailing (Vancouver to Vancouver) and got my email from Princess dated May 6, 2022 --  stating that "...due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret that we are unable to provide debark testing in Vancouver." 

Also just off this cruise. Glad to hear they took care of testing for the Americans onboard. The “official” wording in the debarkation sheet was that for those needing testing to fly home, independent testing was available at the Pan Pacific (directly above the cruise terminal). It looks like this will be the instruction going forward.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I am on the Majestic June 18, 2022 sailing (Vancouver to Vancouver) and got my email from Princess dated May 6, 2022 --  stating that "...due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret that we are unable to provide debark testing in Vancouver." 

I would bring one of those eMed tests and hope you have decent internet to test the day before.

4 hours ago, Coral said:

I would bring one of those eMed tests and hope you have decent internet to test the day before.

We do plan to bring a test just to keep on hand.  When all the craziness started happening with the Covid testing for travel and long waits at the Vancouver Airport, we decided to change our plans for this year.  Not the most ideal, but we have decided to take the Princess transfer from Seattle to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Seattle.  Since we are coming back into the U.S. by land, we do not have to have a Covid test. 

Hope your travel plans are not hampered by all the Covid testing.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 5:36 PM, Colorado Coasty said:

There is no excursion that goes to Seattle. I spoke with Princess, they are not offering a transfer to SEATAC. You will have to book directly with a shuttle service.

Princess is becoming professional at letting their customers down.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We do plan to bring a test just to keep on hand.  When all the craziness started happening with the Covid testing for travel and long waits at the Vancouver Airport, we decided to change our plans for this year.  Not the most ideal, but we have decided to take the Princess transfer from Seattle to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Seattle.  Since we are coming back into the U.S. by land, we do not have to have a Covid test. 

Hope your travel plans are not hampered by all the Covid testing.

It seems Colorado Coasty recently checked with Princess about the transfer from Vancouver to Seattle and it is no longer offered. It was an option for me when I disembarked on May 4. So you should see if it will be available for your cruise.

8 hours ago, highloyo said:

It seems Colorado Coasty recently checked with Princess about the transfer from Vancouver to Seattle and it is no longer offered. It was an option for me when I disembarked on May 4. So you should see if it will be available for your cruise.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.  We have had this transfer booked for quite a while and have received no notification that it has been cancelled.  I wonder if Princess is only operating one bus and once that is filled, they are not accepting any more passengers.  I will call my TA on Monday and have her check into this.