Gala Night is now Dressy

Mary229

8 hours ago, quack2 said:

Will someone please explain the difference between pants and trousers. 

In the UK your pants are your underpants. Trousers are worn over your pants.  My DH learned this the hard way when he was working over in England during a rare heatwave. He told the office that day that he was wearing his zipoff pants that day so he would be able to stay cool.  They thought it was hilarious because they thought he was referring to his underpants...not the pants with the legs that zip off and become shorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Skorpora said:

In the UK your pants are your underpants. Trousers are worn over your pants.  My DH learned this the hard way when he was working over in England during a rare heatwave. He told the office that day that he was wearing his zipoff pants that day so he would be able to stay cool.  They thought it was hilarious because they thought he was referring to his underpants...not the pants with the legs that zip off and become shorts.

OMG, I literally had a great big belly laugh.  😂 Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DH has been amused and wishes to add his take:  he says HAL is modernizing and getting ready to amend the dress code to a gender-neutral code.  I guess the board will need to meet again😊

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skorpora said:

The 1st time I was in London, I told my coworkers that I didn’t pack any pants for the trip. Of course, I meant that I packed dresses and skirts to wear , not slacks. They got a good laugh on my behalf 😀

Edited by sandiego1
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, quack2 said:

Will someone please explain the difference between pants and trousers. 

The former has one syllable. The latter has two. It's definitely easier to find rhymes for pants if you want to write a song.

• Haha 5

On 5/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, POA1 said:

The former has one syllable. The latter has two. It's definitely easier to find rhymes for pants if you want to write a song.

I want to take a chance and dance in my pants (sung to the tune of ???)😁

On 5/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, esther e said:

I live in casual clothes every day so when I cruise, I wear my finery -- not necessarily sequins, but definitely dress-up clothes.  Example:

IMG_dressed up0683.jpg

Very nice.   Love the scarf!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1