Update on entry requirements to Italy

marazul

23 minutes ago, Majkman said:

Yep, we booked ours' through our hotel (Hotel Golden) and we got 2 vans (there are 10 of us) for 340euro (gratuities included).

Check. Same here. We're 3 couples and paying for a van 170 Euro cash to the driver. I suggested to the other couples (I don't know them personally, just from the roll call) that each of us will pay 60 Euro to the driver 😁

23 minutes ago, Majkman said:

but I was hoping that since Italy has dropped their protocols, that the cruise lines would as well.....

I hope too... it is very stressful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Check. Same here. We're 3 couples and paying for a van 170 Euro cash to the driver. I suggested to the other couples (I don't know them personally, just from the roll call) that each of us will pay 60 Euro to the driver 😁

I hope too... it is very stressful.

Dani,

I am not even gonna worry about it anymore....we booked this trip 310 days ago and I am getting on a plane and flying over the pond.....then, hopefully on a cruise ship for an amazing time, and if that falls apart, or at the end, I have to quarantine for some additional time in Italy, or if I test and get to quarantine on the ship for another go around, so be it. It's still gonna be a blast!!!

By the way.......I am a HUGE fan of your poker playing!!! 😉

Keep the Seas calm and the Sun out,

Andy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Majkman said:

By the way.......I am a HUGE fan of your poker playing!!! 😉

Sorry, frequent mistake. I'm NOT the famous Canadian poker player.... and female 😉

Daniel's parents immigrated from Romania to Canada, whereas my parents immigrated to Israel. My dad has changed his original very Jewish sounding name to the Romanian sounding "Negreanu" 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, frequent mistake. I'm NOT the famous Canadian poker player.... and female 😉

Daniel's parents immigrated from Romania to Canada, whereas my parents immigrated to Israel. My dad has changed his original very Jewish sounding name to the Romanian sounding "Negreanu" 😁

Oh I knew you weren't him. And I had assumed you had heard that before.....you're gonna have to find a way to get to Las Vegas and meet him.

THAT would be funny!!! 🙂

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, steamboats said:

Seems like Italy has prolonged the mask mandate in public transportation til September. It was to expire tomorrow, June 15th. Therefore masks are still required flying to/from Italian airports.

steamboats

Where do you see the extension to sept?  I am seeing this today (6/16) on COVID-19 | Italia.it (English)

Use of masks

Until June 22, 2022 the use of FFP2 masks remains mandatory aboard the following means of transport:

• ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
  • High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
  • buses connecting more than two regions
  • buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
  • local and regional public transport

The use of a mask is no longer mandatory on airplanes and for access to indoor shows and sporting events.

However, the use of the mask in all indoor environments and in all cases of crowded outdoor events is highly recommended.

Please note that nonetheless, in all situations, the following people are excluded from the requirement to wear masks:

• children under the age of six
  • persons with a medical condition or disability that is incompatible with the use of a mask, and persons who must communicate with a disabled person
  • individuals who are engaging in athletic activities
  • Like 1

The German automobile club states that the mask mandate has been prolonged til September. They only speak uf busses and trains.

June 22nd doesn´t make much sense as the old regulation was due to end by June 15th.

steamboats

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

The German automobile club states that the mask mandate has been prolonged til September. They only speak uf busses and trains.

June 22nd doesn´t make much sense as the old regulation was due to end by June 15th.

steamboats

I’m not really sure which is why I asked when seeing different information.  Maybe it was extended a week for public transportation except airplanes.  The link seems official but not totally sure.

Edited by MochaChip23

13 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

I’m not really sure which is why I asked when seeing different information.  Maybe it was extended a week for public transportation except airplanes.  The link seems official but not totally sure.

Thank you so much for sharing that info.   I had been looking for the June 15 update but couldn’t find anything specifically about planes.  No idea why that site didn’t show up in my searches.  

• 1 month later...

Can anyone who has entered Italy lately tell me how strict the italians are in regards to using a FFP2 mask. We have both the N95 and KN95 masks, which are the equivalent of the FFP2. I am more than happy to wear a mask, but would rather not have to buy ones I don't have if not needed. 

Thanks for any replies.

38 minutes ago, isnowman said:

Can anyone who has entered Italy lately tell me how strict the italians are in regards to using a FFP2 mask. We have both the N95 and KN95 masks, which are the equivalent of the FFP2. I am more than happy to wear a mask, but would rather not have to buy ones I don't have if not needed. 

Thanks for any replies.

KN95 is all you need. If you have ordinary procedure masks, bring a few.  They are more comfortable to wear where they may not be required,  but where you might want some protection.

2 hours ago, marazul said:

KN95 is all you need. If you have ordinary procedure masks, bring a few.  They are more comfortable to wear where they may not be required,  but where you might want some protection.

Thank you for your response marazul, I'm quite comfortable in a KN95 mask so will bring them.

Cheers...

• 3 weeks later...