Dining credits?

24 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

I have two dining credits (part of have it all).   Can you use these for Rudi's or Tamarind?  or only Canaletto and Pinnacle?   Thank you

No. Only the restaurants shown.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

If your ship has the Tamarind restaurant, I'm pretty sure your choices will be Pinnacle Grill & Tamarind. At least that's what was available to me on the Nieuw Statendam this year. 

Thank you!!!  I really enjoy the Tamarind!!

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

If your ship has the Tamarind restaurant, I'm pretty sure your choices will be Pinnacle Grill & Tamarind. At least that's what was available to me on the Nieuw Statendam this year. 

Tamarind was not offered to us for our July N. Statendam cruise. It is Pinnacle and Canaletto, as it was on Koningsdam in March.

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Tamarind was not offered to us for our July N. Statendam cruise. It is Pinnacle and Canaletto, as it was on Koningsdam in March.

Depends on whether you had the HIA promo or the HIA (Best Value) fare. Or even the Signature Dining perk from your TA.

• Like 1

Our booking confirmations spell out the restaurants included in the HIA promo in the "Special Services" section. It is located after the "Financial History" and "Cancellation Fees Schedule" section.

For our 12/3/22 14 day (B2B) on the Nieuw Statendam it is the Pinnacle and Tamarind.

For our 4/15/23 21 day TA/Norway on the Rotterdam it is the Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Canaletto.

Edited by Overhead Fred

15 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

@bluesplayer, can you look into your booking on the HAL site? You should be able to see what they are offering.

You could probably do a dummy booking. If you have credits for a particular restaurant, there should be boxes to check if you want to use them instead of paying with $$

Thank you for all your suggestions.  I went back in to the reservation and clicked complimentary dining.  Canaletto and Pinnacle grill populated.  Good with that.  Thank you to all who responded.  

• Like 1

I have tried to book the various speciality restaurants using the navigator app for a mid July cruise. I can choose the restaurants, the particular day/time and specify that I want to use the HIA credit. At the end of specifying the details I add to cart but I cannot find where the cart is located. For some days a particular time slot might not be available whilst other times are, which suggests that bookings are being made. If I try to book the same restaurant a second time it allows me to select the use of our credit once again suggesting my booking has not been processed just by adding to the cart. I have checked the itinerary on the app expecting to see my dinner reservations and excursions(done via HAL website) I have booked. Whilst I was not surprised that the dinner bookings did not work why would not the excursions show up. What am I missing? 

I can see my excursion bookings if I log into my booking via the HAL website and I suspect I can do the complementary dinner reservations there as well however I want to learn how to use the app. Any advice much appreciated.

After just now looking at the booking process for dinner on the website I noticed the itinerary on the app is different to the one on the website which has the correct version. The app itinerary has incorrectly counted cruising the fjord into Oslo as a separate day to being docked at Oslo and similarly for Flam. Doh!!! I think I will continue to use the website but would still appreciate any advice on using the app.

Edited by Nang

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread but booked a Have it all package but when i go to book specialty dinning i can only book Pinnacle or Canaletto? But also to add a bit of oddness to the mix...............is the fact Tamarind is only available for the second half of the cruise, Canaletto only for the first half!

First time with HAL, the ship is Westerdam, is a restaurant space used for 2 different venues on this ship and does have it all dinning not include Tamarind..

Edited by Hammer61

HIA has always included only two restaurants since I have been watching it (post pandemic).  Westerdam doesn't have a dedicated Tamarind restaurant so if it's showing for reservations half of the time then they must be doing a "pop up" Tamarind in the Pinnacle Grill or Canaletto area. This is a new concept to do a Tamarind Pop Up!   Tamarind has only been included on HIA for the three Pinnacle and Signature Class ships that have a Tamarind restaurant. (Konningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam)

~Nancy

• Like 1

To add to Nancy’s very good post - pop ups are not included in HIA.

the restaurants included are listed on your confirmation on page 2 but in your case would be the Pinnacle & Canaletto depending upon the length of your cruise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Rudi's Sel de Mer is never included with HIA. It does not even carry the same 4*/5* Mariner discount.

Of course, the times I did not have phone with me so no "proof" but each time passing by Rudi's this cruise (NS Nov 26 - Dec 10) have not seen a single table occupied. Yes, I'm sure it was open, lol.🫣 Unfortunate as it's a beautiful space. Here's hoping they either begin including it w/HIA or reimagine (do not care for that word, but thought it fitting for a discussion involving a creative space) it into a new dining venue.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Of course, the times I did not have phone with me so no "proof" but each time passing by Rudi's this cruise (NS Nov 26 - Dec 10) have not seen a single table occupied. Yes, I'm sure it was open, lol.🫣 Unfortunate as it's a beautiful space. Here's hoping they either begin including it w/HIA or reimagine (do not care for that word, but thought it fitting for a discussion involving a creative space) it into a new dining venue.

How about just lowering the price a little? 

I enjoyed my Rudi's pop ups pre pandemic very much! (except one disaster)

~Nancy

We're trying Sel de Mee in a few weeks. We really like the look of the menu, so we are hopeful.

We're bringing the Bubble of Awesome and things rarely go wrong when we travel in it. 🫧😃

• Haha 3

On a cruise this past summer on Nieuw Statendam, we had a credit for dinner and on our booking confirmation it said Pinnacle Grill or Canaletto.  I'm not quite sure how we got the credit; I am thinking it was from our travel agent since we did not have HIA.  When we asked the Neptune Lounge concierge to make a reservation for us, she said we could go to any restaurant, including Rudi's.  So we picked Rudi's and had a wonderful meal, with Rudi himself dining at the table next to us.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 4:29 AM, Hammer61 said:

Resurrecting an old thread but booked a Have it all package but when i go to book specialty dinning i can only book Pinnacle or Canaletto? But also to add a bit of oddness to the mix...............is the fact Tamarind is only available for the second half of the cruise, Canaletto only for the first half!

First time with HAL, the ship is Westerdam, is a restaurant space used for 2 different venues on this ship and does have it all dinning not include Tamarind..

Just off the Westerdam, some cruises to Asia include some meals in the “Tamarind” which is really a partitioned part of the Lido restaurant in disguise. We booked our (fHIA) Canaletto reservations and it was the first time we have eaten there.

We found it is lacking in ambiance/atmosphere and the menu didn’t appeal that much they no longer have alternating specials. We definitely wouldn’t chose this again unless Tamarind was offered as part of the HIA because their menu would be worth it to us. (despite the atmosphere) 

We felt that the Pinnacle restaurant was really in a different class not only with the actual restaurant but also with the staff.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:29 PM, Hammer61 said:

We are on the Westerdam in February.  We are doing back to back cruises each 14 days long.  On each portion the pop up Tamarind is available for 7 nights and the Canaletto is available for 7 nights. (Both in the same dining area)  The Tamarind portion is not included in the HIA so it’s best to make your Canaletto reservations as soon as you can.