eMed Covid Results

We are going to Alaska on Quantum of the Seas in June and I've ordered the eMed Covid Proctored tests for my husband and I and my parents. The eMed site said everyone has to have their own eMed account, so I set those up (each with it's own email address). Then I was asking the eMed adviser a question about results and he said we had to download the Navica app because that is where eMed sends the test results along with a QR code. When I said I thought they emailed us he results he said they do email an eMed Lab Report via PDF. My question is, will RCCL accept the eMed Lab report or do I need to download the Navica app in order to show RCCL the QR code? Thanks much! 

1 minute ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

My question is, will RCCL accept the eMed Lab report or do I need to download the Navica app in order to show RCCL the QR code?

Either the lab report via email or the results in the app will be acceptable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We always print out the results from the email.  I have the app but assume phone work when entering the terminal.   Also easier to just hand all your documents to checkin at once.  Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

No need to print if that's difficult for you. I don't bother anymore. Very easy to save the result from the email to your phone and show for boarding. If you save the file you don't need to worry about internet connection at the port. I do the same with my proof of vaccine. Since your setsail pass is in the app now too it's a really fast process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

We are going to Alaska on Quantum of the Seas in June and I've ordered the eMed Covid Proctored tests for my husband and I and my parents. The eMed site said everyone has to have their own eMed account, so I set those up (each with it's own email address). Then I was asking the eMed adviser a question about results and he said we had to download the Navica app because that is where eMed sends the test results along with a QR code. When I said I thought they emailed us he results he said they do email an eMed Lab Report via PDF. My question is, will RCCL accept the eMed Lab report or do I need to download the Navica app in order to show RCCL the QR code? Thanks much! 

eMed will email you the results within seconds of the proctor verifying a negative test. 

If it is more than 1 or 2 people in your group, print everything out. The "silliest" people are the families standing at the checkpoint with Dad frantically trying to log on to a family's worth of test results, then a family's worth of vaccination records, and a family's worth of sea passes on a tiny phone. While dad struggles, the rest of us flash our hard copy and walk on by. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

eMed will email you the results within seconds of the proctor verifying a negative test. 

If it is more than 1 or 2 people in your group, print everything out. The "silliest" people are the families standing at the checkpoint with Dad frantically trying to log on to a family's worth of test results, then a family's worth of vaccination records, and a family's worth of sea passes on a tiny phone. While dad struggles, the rest of us flash our hard copy and walk on by. 

Agree....We just took our extended family of 6 and having the hard copies of everything we needed made it very quick and easy to board. 

9 hours ago, artvlay said:

If we are traveling in Europe prior to the cruise, will I be connected to an English speaking emed agent? Do you do it via a cellphone or laptop?

I have my laptop with me and will use that.  I expect English. 

9 hours ago, artvlay said:

If we are traveling in Europe prior to the cruise, will I be connected to an English speaking emed agent?

Do you do it via a cellphone or laptop?

All of the agents are English speakers- it doesn’t matter where you connect from. 

You need the NAVICA app on the phone or a web browser on a laptop. 

9 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

No need to print if that's difficult for you. I don't bother anymore. Very easy to save the result from the email to your phone and show for boarding. If you save the file you don't need to worry about internet connection at the port. I do the same with my proof of vaccine. Since your setsail pass is in the app now too it's a really fast process.

They let you show a photo of your vaccine card? Which port was this? I thought they only accepted the actual card...I’d love to not have to bring that with me.

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

They let you show a photo of your vaccine card? Which port was this? I thought they only accepted the actual card...I’d love to not have to bring that with me.

I have boarded in Los Angeles and Bayonne showing my proof of vaccination on my phone. I did still bring the card with me as a backup but I really like the streamlined process of having everything on my phone without risking dropping it or losing it in the shuffle of getting onboard.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Agree, few weeks watched Family of 5 standing there for 15 min trying to locate and show each one their results from a cell. At same time my Daughter, SIL, Grand Daughter and I all had our own Cell was lot easier, took seconds. Prefer Paper in hand Back ups but flying in 2 Days before Cruise did my online CV Test at the Hotel. Funny thing was I was listening to my Daughter walk me through the steps and not the Proctor

• Like 1