$16.20 for one measured shot of Bailey's!

MikeyB

12 hours ago, Uff da said:

Let me say this slow and loud-
I'm not here to defend Chiefmate, but you should have downloaded the Norwegian Premium Drink Package list and questioned why they were upcharging you for something that is clearly listed as included. That's on you. 
Also, I've read somewhere the key to getting around this is to order single shots. As a purported frequent cruiser, I'm surprised you don't know the tricks.  

I looked at the drinks menu onboard the Dawn and looked at it yesterday at NCL.com

My complaint was how much they were charging.  The extra $1.20 is great for a shot of Baileys if you have the package, but that's not the issue.  What will the other drinks cost in a few years?  They are driving passengers who drink to the higher package.

And please don't talk about knowing the tricks,  One shot everywhere was $16.20 and a double shot was.....wait for it.....double.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

The extra $1.20 is great for a shot of Baileys if you have the package

But you told us you DID have the package?  Why are you complaining?  Who in their right mind books an NCL cruise, skips the package, and then spends their time drinking expensive shots?

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

But you told us you DID have the package?  Why are you complaining?  Who in their right mind books an NCL cruise, skips the package, and then spends their time drinking expensive shots?

Basically nobody. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Correct me if I'm wrong about you.

English is a second language for you?

Sorry I went back on my word and replied to you.

Thanks for that tidbit of bonus entertainment!  Please keep the hits coming.  The crowd likely wants an encore at this point....  🤣  It's threads like this one of yours that keeps the forum entertaining.  Did you enjoy your Bailey's or were you already fuming at that point?

• Haha 3

On 5/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, vicnsue said:

We just completed a B2B on the Joy.  We stopped for a glass of wine at their wine bar. I was offered a East West Cab, I must have made a face. The bartender said let me pour you something you may like. It was a very nice Cab that wasn’t part of the drink package. She truly seemed embarrassed to be severing those wines.

I'm not fussy but I do like a glass of wine with dinner. I sampled several choices on my recent Joy trip, both above and below the $ limit. Each one was not acceptable. Sad, whom ever did the wine selection did a very poor job.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

I'm not fussy but I do like a glass of wine with dinner. I sampled several choices on my recent Joy trip, both above and below the $ limit. Each one was not acceptable. Sad, whom ever did the wine selection did a very poor job.

Just ask for their best chilled box of Pinot Grigio…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Just ask for their best chilled box of Pinot Grigio…

I assume you are joking about boxed wines.. Although a good box wine might have been better than what I was served.  I'm sure NCL (along with other cruise lines) is looking to keep fares down by trying to cut a corner here and there. Let's see what's being left out going forward.

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

$13.  Listed under Cordials.  So, no charge for anybody with the drink package! 😎

Unfortunately, that list is already outdated, at least on some ships.  Was on Escape 4/16, and Bailey's was definitely $16. 

IMG_2066.JPG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

Unfortunately, that list is already outdated, at least on some ships.  Was on Escape 4/16, and Bailey's was definitely $16. 

IMG_2066.JPG

Yikes!!!  So somebody on the Escape who craved Bailey's actually did have to fork over $1.20 per shot?  That could literally run into the tens of dollars. 🤑

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yikes!!!  So somebody on the Escape who craved Bailey's actually did have to fork over $1.20 per shot?  That could literally run into the tens of dollars. 🤑

I didn't say I had any...and don't know if anyone else did.  Lol.  I never paid for anything - even stuff that was over the $15 limit. 🤷‍♀️ I absolutely get your point - I ordered stuff that was over $15, and would have paid for it without complaint (because yes, it would have only added up to a few dollars), but was just never charged.  My only point was that the quoted $13 price was incorrect, at least as of when I was on the Escape 4/16.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, charlie murphy said:

The bottle costs what 50 bucks .

Where on earth are your 'bucks' from? A bottle of baileys costs 12GBP which is just under 15USD in a UK supermarket. Any cruiseline will not be paying even that much as they'll buy it wholesale.

Edited by jimbo1683
  • Like 1

Just for facts sake, a 750 ml bottle of Baileys is $30 in the USA. 
A 750 ml bottle divided by 45 ml shots (1.5oz) = 16.66 shots per bottle. 
$16 per shot X 16.66 shots = $266.56 per bottle. 

And the guest pays the staffs gratuity on top of that. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 9:02 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Your posts make no sense.  Maybe you need to flow chart this for us.

Black Label and Bulleit are both fully covered.  What else could a man need if they are inclined to spend their vacation counting $10 worth of pennies?  Did you spend that crushing $10 on one shot?  Ten?  Fifty?  Wine?  Bailey's?  All of the above?  Here's a thought, maybe it was those dreaded port taxes.  Those usually hit me for well over $10 on a cruise.  The horror.

Do I have some bad news for you 

46333EA6-A7EC-4E4C-AD43-19C06D360E39.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm currently on the Jade. They don't even have Baileys on the menu anymore. If you ask they serve an alternative product (Mooleys or Hooleys, I couldn't see it clearly), they didn't put that on the menu either. The taste is the same and from time to time they give us double shots without up-charge.

In the Tradewinds board shop however, there is a lot of Baileys for sale ...

On 5/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, jimbo1683 said:

Where on earth are your 'bucks' from? A bottle of baileys costs 12GBP which is just under 15USD in a UK supermarket. Any cruiseline will not be paying even that much as they'll buy it wholesale.

Sorry Jim BO. didn't realize you were going to use my guesstimate as your source for your purchase. please use you local market as it will be more accurate. not sure how my "Bucks" tanslate to your GBP. Must be paying tax and import fees for that ETOH locally. But thanks for the google currency conversion and info, will have alchol shop on the next trip.  I  am going to take your numbers to  my local Bev Mo. Maybe they will change the price tags. Different market guess. 

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

12 Euro (= 12.68 USD) in Germany... for the 750 ml bottle.

steamboats

While you may pay $12.68 USD in Germany, it cost $30.00 USD in the USA. 
Granted Carnival doesn’t pay near that of course with bulk buying, but that only increases their profits even more.  

5 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

While you may pay $12.68 USD in Germany, it cost $30.00 USD in the USA. 
Granted Carnival doesn’t pay near that of course with bulk buying, but that only increases their profits even more.  

Ummmm, that should read NCL. oops…