Trieste Dock & Disbark Time

N 2 Sun

Our June 1 Oosterdam sailing concludes on the 13th at Trieste with a dock time at 6:00am. 

For those of you in the know at this port……is it reasonable that we can catch a train at 8:16 if we walk off the ship with our luggage?

Thank you in advance. 

Marilyn

As HAL has not yet docked a ship in Trieste, no one is going to be able to answer your question. I would suggest not getting aggressive about trying to catch an early train.

HAL doesn't tend to start disembarking before 7am at any port, even if they dock as early as 4:30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should be able to catch the 08:16 to Venezia S. Lucia. The distance to the train station is approximately 1.2 km and about a fifteen minute walk. If you have purchased your tickets online prior to that date to save fumbling at the Biglieto Veloce machine, it should be easy to do providing you can disembark before 7:45 am.  Don't forget to validate your ticket before boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Show Me" the Trieste train station - looks fairly simple and direct - a seven track  station and all reports are it is clean and easy to use. Be sure to have one euro coins, if you wish to use the restrooms. 

https://showmethejourney.com/train-travel-info/countries/italy/cities/trieste/rail-stations/trieste-centrale/

• Thanks 2

Since trains to Venice run basically hourly, I would wait to catch the 9AM train unless you have a compelling reason otherwise. Definitely will reduce your stress level the morning of arrival.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Earliest FlightEase flight leaving VCE on disembarkation day

I have asked this in a couple forums and have not really gotten an answer yet.  For those disembarking Trieste in the coming weeks, what is the earliest FlightEase flight time you have out of VCE on disembarkation day?

We booked our flights through FlightEase before the change from Venice to Trieste.  It is a 12:40PM flight from VCE and we are worried it is too early given the 2+ hour bus ride.  But I guess if others have a similar time for a cruise in the next couple weeks, then HAL thinks they can make it work with their transfers.  HAL has refused to tell us what time the earliest transfers will leave Trieste for VCE.

55 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Since trains to Venice run basically hourly, I would wait to catch the 9AM train unless you have a compelling reason otherwise. Definitely will reduce your stress level the morning of arrival.

Some trains take longer than others.  It looks like the 9.16am train get to Venice, before the train that departed Trieste at 8.58am.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Earliest FlightEase flight leaving VCE on disembarkation day

I have asked this in a couple forums and have not really gotten an answer yet.  For those disembarking Trieste in the coming weeks, what is the earliest FlightEase flight time you have out of VCE on disembarkation day?

We booked our flights through FlightEase before the change from Venice to Trieste.  It is a 12:40PM flight from VCE and we are worried it is too early given the 2+ hour bus ride.  But I guess if others have a similar time for a cruise in the next couple weeks, then HAL thinks they can make it work with their transfers.  HAL has refused to tell us what time the earliest transfers will leave Trieste for VCE.

We also have a 12:40 flight home.

14 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

I have a 12:15 flight on June 13 so I might be a good test case😬

@gailellen12And that is through HAL FlightEase, correct? 

Thanks for the info.  When you get back, please let us know how the transfer went and what time the bus actually left the Trieste port.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, highfields said:

How long dies it take to go from Venice train station to Venice airport?

I am assuming that you are traveling from Trieste. There are two train stations that the majority of passengers use: Venezia Mestre (on the mainland) and Venezia Santa Lucia (on the island). If coming from Trieste, Venezia Mestre is closer to Marco Polo Airport. Using published bus schedules for the ATVO bus the trip to Marco Polo from Venezia Mestre is 17 minutes, and to Marco Polo from Venezia Piazzole Roma is 20 minutes.

Of course there are cabs, private transfers, and the local bus Route 5 as options. These would be faster or slower than the ATVO bus.

Edited by Heartgrove

17 hours ago, highfields said:

How long dies it take to go from Venice train station to Venice airport?

Just to add to what @Heartgrovementioned, do note that Venice Santa Lucia Station is the wrong side of the canal to where the taxis (car taxi not water taxi) have their stand on Pza Roma.  You will have to manhandle luggage down steps of station and across the bridge to reach the taxi stand.

Better to get off the train at Mestre.

• Thanks 1

I agree with VMax - much easier to get off the train in Mestre - especially if you are travelling with luggage. However, there is something about the view from the top of the stairs at Venice Centrale that makes me happy.