Fastest Finger First - 2024 bookings open - What did you get?

ToxM

Apologies if the pop culture reference doesn;’t work for some readers, but for UKers at least it will. 

So bookings open in a few hours for 2024, I rang Oceania this morning here in the UK and they took the details for what I am interested in and are going to attempt to get it for me when bookings open. 

What did you go for and did you get it? 

Once I get what I want I will let Marital Unit know what we are doing 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ToxM, I am so pleased that you are booking another cruise after that terrible experience, which could have been your last cruise on O.

Last week I gave my TA my preferred itinerary and since it was on Vista I decided to see if the solo Concierge state room would work for me. I have not been able to find a suitable travel companion so currently I am traveling solo at twice the price. 

My 20 day 23 September 2024 cruise cost 14,000 compared to 23,000. (round nums) for twice the price of an A4. So the savings in this case are pretty significant.

C702454D-B06F-477F-88C5-489B2456AE8F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

ToxM, I am so pleased that you are booking another cruise after that terrible experience, which could have been your last cruise on O.

Last week I gave my TA my preferred itinerary and since it was on Vista I decided to see if the solo Concierge state room would work for me. I have not been able to find a suitable travel companion so currently I am traveling solo at twice the price. 

My 20 day 23 September 2024 cruise cost 14,000 compared to 23,000. (round nums) for twice the price of an A4. So the savings in this case are pretty significant.

C702454D-B06F-477F-88C5-489B2456AE8F.jpeg

That’s a very good saving! 

We have a future cruise certificate to use, so I decided I might as well try and grab something. I have to say my excitement level isn’t what it normally is for booking a cruise, but I do love Oceania and think that the events last week were a low point they will never hopefully replicate with anyone. We have Christmas on Riviera this year to see how they do and then today’s booking which is a PH3 on Sirena for an east - west TA. 

Oceania did not manage to get my preferred cabin choice of 8000 (I probably did not help myself by broadcasting what a great cabin it is) and we have been allocated 8063 which is under terrace seating area, but a carpeted seating area so hopefully that will mitigate any problems. When I got the email I checked to see what was left available in PH3’s and there were 4 left, so hot cakes it would seem. 

I am pleased I have a PH and am pleased I chose Sirena, as upon reflection and barring a miraculous reimagining of Marina or Riviera, she appears to be my favourite ship. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Oceania did not manage to get my preferred cabin choice of 8000 (I probably did not help myself by broadcasting what a great cabin it is) and we have been allocated 8063 which is under terrace seating area, but a carpeted seating area so hopefully that will mitigate any problems. When I got the email I checked to see what was left available in PH3’s and there were 4 left, so hot cakes it would seem.

Anything can happen in 2 yrs  keep checking  in the  next year to see what opens up 😉

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Anything can happen in 2 yrs  keep checking  in the  next year to see what opens up 😉

Oh don’t worry I will be checking, I love 8000 and want it for this cruise!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

We are trying Oceania for the first time for a special occasion.  I selected 8000 as my first choice since it was the same cabin we chose for the same itinerary (Tahiti) twice on the Pacific Princess that is (was) the same layout as the Nautica and  that cruise cancelled both times.  Third time is the charm?  Nope.  Our TA sent the info in advance to her Oceania contact who went in first thing - and reserved an obstructed A3.  By the time my TA connected again with her contact all of the PH3s were gone.  Don't know what happened but another client of my TAs wanted an A3 and the rep may have mixed it up.  We are booked but waitlisted for the PH3.  It's early and I imagine that things could open up over the next 1.5+ years, but I'm a little sad about my very first Oceania experience.

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We are trying Oceania for the first time for a special occasion.  I selected 8000 as my first choice since it was the same cabin we chose for the same itinerary (Tahiti) twice on the Pacific Princess that is (was) the same layout as the Nautica and  that cruise cancelled both times.  Third time is the charm?  Nope.  Our TA sent the info in advance to her Oceania contact who went in first thing - and reserved an obstructed A3.  By the time my TA connected again with her contact all of the PH3s were gone.  Don't know what happened but another client of my TAs wanted an A3 and the rep may have mixed it up.  We are booked but waitlisted for the PH3.  It's early and I imagine that things could open up over the next 1.5+ years, but I'm a little sad about my very first Oceania experience.

Keep checking - as LHT mentioned it’s a long way out. Definitely worth trying for it … agree its a lovely cabin position wise. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Keep checking - as LHT mentioned it’s a long way out. Definitely worth trying for it … agree its a lovely cabin position wise. 

Thank you!  One question...  You mentioned to keep checking.  If we are waitlisted by Oceania wouldn't we automatically get one of the PH3 cabins if / when they became available?  It's my first experience with Oceania so I have no idea how they do things.

Got our PH for a Nautica, Capetown to Paris in May 2024. 🤪👍 

Still waiting to see if we were successful for our other itinerary on Riviera. 
I am sure the phone lines into O are burning up 

Ciao all and good luck,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you!  One question...  You mentioned to keep checking.  If we are waitlisted by Oceania wouldn't we automatically get one of the PH3 cabins if / when they became available?  It's my first experience with Oceania so I have no idea how they do things.

Depends  but I would check  to make sure  when one opens up you can call your TA & get them to grab it

Some TA's  do not check daily  especially this far out

JMO

• Like 1

Our TA was given our top three itinerary choices.  She set her alarm for just before 6 am (we’re in AZ) and worked her magic to put all three on a hold for us.  But we’re sticking with our first choice ~ a TA crossing from Miami to Rome, leaving March 27, 2024.  We want the sea days to enjoy all that the Vista has to offer. We requested a PH 3 and got cabin 10042.  Any comments about this cabin would be appreciated, although I know no one has yet sailed aboard the Vista. Thanks.

Harriet

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

My TA asked us for a list of the top 3 cabin categories we were interested in when we were put on the waitlist. I think if you're a little flexible on that you have a better chance.  We were waitlisted on a Sirena cruise for later this year and a couple of weeks ago we did get a confirmed booking in our first choice of cabin category, thanks to our wonderful TA.  

Good luck and enjoy your first Oceania cruise.

12 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

My TA asked us for a list of the top 3 cabin categories we were interested in when we were put on the waitlist. I think if you're a little flexible on that you have a better chance.  We were waitlisted on a Sirena cruise for later this year and a couple of weeks ago we did get a confirmed booking in our first choice of cabin category, thanks to our wonderful TA.  

Good luck and enjoy your first Oceania cruise.

Thank you.  My original request was 1) 8000, 2) 8002 and 3) any aft PH3.  And I'm fairly certain that the waitlist is for any PH3.  Will keep my fingers crossed that it clears!

Picked up a Riviera, Dec. 29, 2023 Abu Dhabi to Singapore segment. It was the 30 day first leg of the 45 or 82 day Voyage, Abu Dhabi to Tokyo long cruise. Limited PH and Concierge availability on the various segments.

It looks like a busy day in Miami.

Ciao, Mauibabes. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You would think that this process has been automated, but it does not seem that it is consistently. I was waitlisted for a penthouse and later was looking again at the website. I saw a PH2 guarantee was available and told my TA to grab it. I have also seen other posters make similar comments.

It helps to check back on the website. Good things can happen !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, catgirl411 said:

My Awesome TA got us booked on Vista Venice to Istanbul 17 days Oct 13, 2024.

Ours, too. She managed to snag on of our preferred PH2 staterooms on deck 10

Edited by 1985rz1

We booked a 10-day Caribbean cruise on Vista (Dec. 1 - 10, 2023). Our TA called at 9 am for a B3 balcony cabin on Deck 8 and he got the last one of that class on that deck. Things sold out fast.

7 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Got our PH for a Nautica, Capetown to Paris in May 2024. 🤪👍 

Still waiting to see if we were successful for our other itinerary on Riviera. 
I am sure the phone lines into O are burning up 

Ciao all and good luck,

Mauibabes

Hello Mauibabes, Have you been to Cape Town in the month of May before?  We're considering the 12 day cruise portion and staying pre-cruise in Cape Town. Since May is the 1st month of winter, the weather can be often wet and cooler at night and was curious if you've visited before. Hear it is good time for safaris.

Booked two cruises. First one was the 12 day 4/1/24 Tokyo-Tokyo on Riveria. Got our first choice on cabin! 🙏

Also booked the 35 day OZ circumnavigation on Regatta for 12/21/23. Got our third choice for cabin , but still very happy. Still in a PH3. 

I always give my TA a list of 3-4 cabins we want. With the latter cruise, I gave the list and then just told her to just get us a PH if those fails. Tried to stay flexible.

I gave our TA the cruises we wanted booked on the 25th, two days before the cruise details were released. She immediately gave them to her O rep.

Happy Days!!!

• Like 1

@WESTEAST

Actually I paid no attention to weather, only that it was sailing and included Capetown and was working its way north.  We will plan to arrive early and add some kind of land tour/safari.  Just shooting from the hip, “Bookem Dano”

Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Booked two cruises. First one was the 12 day 4/1/24 Tokyo-Tokyo on Riveria. Got our first choice on cabin! 🙏

Also booked the 35 day OZ circumnavigation on Regatta for 12/21/23. Got our third choice for cabin , but still very happy. Still in a PH3. 

I always give my TA a list of 3-4 cabins we want. With the latter cruise, I gave the list and then just told her to just get us a PH if those fails. Tried to stay flexible.

I gave our TA the cruises we wanted booked on the 25th, two days before the cruise details were released. She immediately gave them to her O rep.

Happy Days!!!

Have seen people use "OZ". Please tell me what it means.  Thanks

• Haha 1