How many Cruising Duck hunters are out there?

4x4bob

We will be heading out on the Discovery Princess in a few weeks and I have 12 Cruising ducks with attached Passports ready to go with me.  I will hide 6 and give 6 to my my Daughter and her Husband who is going with us to also hide.

So, how many of you hunt for ducks while you are on a ship?  I found my first duck 4 years ago.  I had got up early and was headed to the elevator bank on our deck.  Sitting on the hand rail was a duck.  I took a photo and left it for someone else to find. 

For information on hiding ducks:  Not on top deck where they could be blown into the ocean, not in pools, not in any shop, and not anywhere that will interfere with the crew doing their duties. 

Have fun hunting

Bob

• Like 1

We have three ducks found in two different cruises: they proudly sit with the glassware in our china cabinet.   It is such a silly but fun thing!  Thanks to those who did the hiding.  Perhaps we will do the hiding on our next cruise. 

• Like 1

We found one on a Celebrity cruise last fall that we released on the Emerald Princess in February and then found another one on the Emerald.  We hope to release some on the Caribbean Princess in June.

36 minutes ago, akeasley said:

I've never heard of this before...when did it start on Princess ships?

Ditto. Once you find a duck, what happens, do you win something?

Edited by MISTER 67

Cruising Ducks got its start in 2015 by a young girl named Abby.  She wanted to make people smile so she started out by hiding 50 ducks on a Carnival ship.

Today it has a large following on Facebook.

Most Ducks will have a passport attached to the duck giving the name of the original person who hide the duck.  Some passports have space to add your name and home state before your hide it again.

Some People keep the ducks as a souvenir.  

A game for the young at heart.

Bob

We were on the Majestic, April 23-30, 2022.  We hid 48 ducks.  I even hid one in our cabin on the last day in the top of the closet between the side and the life jackets.  

I only saw a couple of posts by one mother who's three year daughter was loving it.  I ended up hiding several just for her to find.  We spent a lot of time in Vines in the evenings and so did that family so we saw them often.

We found two ducks on this same cruise.

It was a lot of fun hiding them.

YouTubers ParoDeeJay always look for them but never pick them up.   You can find Facebook groups.  There are templates to make the tags etc.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/the-latest-cruise-trend-is-an-invasion-of-rubber-duckies.html

We found a duck by the aft pool on the SKY V2.0 USA "inaugural".  we kept it.

I also got duck duck Jeeped by a little girl at the Post Office.  She went away yelling Mommy, Mommy I ducked that Jeep!!  She was happy, that's all that matters.  It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, 4x4bob said:

We will be heading out on the Discovery Princess in a few weeks and I have 12 Cruising ducks with attached Passports ready to go with me.  I will hide 6 and give 6 to my my Daughter and her Husband who is going with us to also hide.

So, how many of you hunt for ducks while you are on a ship?  I found my first duck 4 years ago.  I had got up early and was headed to the elevator bank on our deck.  Sitting on the hand rail was a duck.  I took a photo and left it for someone else to find. 

For information on hiding ducks:  Not on top deck where they could be blown into the ocean, not in pools, not in any shop, and not anywhere that will interfere with the crew doing their duties. 

Have fun hunting

Bob

Been cruising on Princess for  40 years, first time I heard about duck hunting.  When did this start?

3 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Been cruising on Princess for  40 years, first time I heard about duck hunting.  When did this start?

See my post #18 above.  It quickly moved over from Carnival to Princess.

Bob