Help me decide on a Aft or CC cabin Millenium

gordylad

Hello we haven’t been on the Millenium or any M class ship but looking at cabins for a cruise next year. Cabins that look appealing are two on deck 6 .. 6143/6144 and Aft cabins 7128/8172

thanks for any help

2 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Hello we haven’t been on the Millenium or any M class ship but looking at cabins for a cruise next year. Cabins that look appealing are two on deck 6 .. 6143/6144 and Aft cabins 7128/8172

thanks for any help

IMO,  there is typically SO little benefit to CC for the higher price over a standard balcony, I don't get it.

My parents had a FV aft on the Constellation (same class) & we ALL LOVED IT. 

We had aft on the Edge last summer & loved it too!!

IMO, aft is the best standard balcony on a ship--usually sunny & I like that.

Soot can be an issue. We always tossed a towel on the chair b4 we sat down. (our steward actually usually had one out there that was changed daily!)

Now, glancing at icruise (assuming accuracy), the CC room appears to be quite a bit larger; even the balcony is. Probably mostly covered, as our balcony was on Constellation.

That alone could be worth the difference in price.

6143/4 are almost a foot wider than other balcony cabins so you can roll your suitcase and walk beside the foot of the bed.  They have large teak balconies.  I had 6144 on Summit recently.  Have also had aft 8172, among others.  Would opt for any aft cabin first.  I took 6144 when all the afts were already gone.

Edit:  I've never experienced soot problems in an aft on M-class.  The super-long balconies are half open, half covered and I guess I keep my chair and lounger beneath the cover.    

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Wow that balcony is hugeeeeeee……

tx

Try a corner FV if you want a big balcony. The photos were taken of cabin 9156 on Infinity.

E48A55BB-0972-4146-8F3D-5185B5C862E4.thumb.jpeg.2d343766d2edf799e63fdcc52311ff23.jpeg

5E7625FC-1057-4647-B284-225A9F0C6A34.thumb.jpeg.b4c44d9904b6e450a562814460062f16.jpeg

A0B7FD63-1914-4217-9087-99D9BA81D1E3.thumb.jpeg.427bfa1d930b6667514c79832ffa65d4.jpeg

5C9F4E0D-2B13-4235-9D28-FBA7B6653070.thumb.jpeg.4b99b83c3420cede27d8b4908423a648.jpeg

• Like 1

Have stayed in aft balconies and in 6135 and 6136 on M Class ships

(similar location to 6143 and 6144 but not as wide) 

6135 and 6136 have beautiful big balconies with wooden decks because you are in amongst the suites! 
No getting away from the huge size of balconies at the aft but we loved the more central location and generous balconies of the four cabins mentioned earlier. 
Hope this helps and I’m sure you’ll enjoy any of these cabins with their great balconies!

We had a CC aft cabin on Millennium.  The aft cabins on M-Class ships are huge and CC and AC cabins are also bigger than standard balcony cabins.  That being said, I won't pay extra for CC, well maybe 25 per person.  There really aren't any benefits worth much more of a premium than that, IMO.  

Also, the M-Class ships have rear elevators, so you don't always have the walk from the rear to mid ship to catch an elevator to your desired floor and possibly walking all the way to the rear again.  It's really handy getting into the center of the Oceanview Cafe.

• Like 1

Location and space matter.  Location is my first choice. I like midship cabins.  Less walking to the elevators or stairs. Also smoother ride.  Aft cabins can be rocky.  Second choice is space. A larger cabin interior is a good choice. On M ships, concierge cabins are larger than standard verandas.  Larger verandas is a third  choice for me.  

The FV cabins are awesome.  We've sailed in them several times over the years.  The only thing I don't like about FV's is the additional motion.  I get motion sick easily and I can always feel some motion back there (usually just swaying back and forth if the seas are calm), and if the seas are rough that area can be bothersome to people like me.  CC and AQ cabins on M class are larger than standard balcony - they are about the size of all the standard staterooms on S class.  To us, CC offers no value other than cabin size.  The lunch the day of boarding is fine, but not that big a deal.  Extra CC points compared to standard balconies if you need them.  The rest is unnecessary fluff IMHO.  We prefer AQ and the Blu dining so that is our choice over CC (unless we are sailing with a 3rd person in the cabin in which case it would have to be CC or higher).  

We've loved the 6163 on Infinity.  Point to note, depending on the ship these balconies have shade covering or not.  We did and we loved it.  Only other comment is to note that next door on the side away from the penthouse suite is a small sort of alley before the cabin next door.  It is for staff and we had a fellow who was always in that alley not doing his job and on his cell texting etc.  Took away from the privacy a bit and, also, from the service support.  That said, we would definitely consider booking that room again but only if it had the overhead covering.