Carnival share price

Bin man

6 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Big fall today on carnival share price 10% . Not looking to good at moment. 

I think they have all gone down today.

The £ has been going down nicely as well, but that is our fault as we go away next week and it always goes down for us 🙂

• Haha 2

Carnival shares have always caused me the problem of whether to buy or not. I had 100 of them some time ago, could have sold them and made £500. Hesitated and ended up selling them, still making money, but not as much.I suppose if the perfect storm comes along they may go down further as holidays whilst needed are not essential or cheaper ones or a weekend away a couple of times can be taken. There is of course the OBC attached to holding 100 shares. Max I believe being £150. But then laying out £1000+ there's always the risk of losing more than that.

I always wanted to own some Carnival shares ,mainly for the shareholder benefits however they were at the time around£30 a share , waited and bought mine for a third of that and since have had four cruises across the carnival fleet with five more to come , so even without a dividend they will have paid for themselves , if id waited a little longer they were even cheaper to buy, hindsight is a wonderful thing 

• Like 1

Basically, I wrote mine off when the full impact of Covid hit home and stock markets crashed. Kept them, but with low expectations. It was a bad investment made for all the wrong reasons. Swore never to do buy for perks again but ignored my own rule.

17 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Basically, I wrote mine off when the full impact of Covid hit home and stock markets crashed. Kept them, but with low expectations. It was a bad investment made for all the wrong reasons. Swore never to do buy for perks again but ignored my own rule.

If, like us, you undertake 2 or 3 cruises a year, mostly with Carnival brands, then whatever the purchase price you very quickly recoup your investment in OBC, and in our case we also received a decent amount of dividend over the last 10 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The same for us 😒

Bought 100 shares myself a couple of weeks ago after booking an Iona Cruise, and sent off request for onboard credit on bank holiday Monday, and was amazed that it was applied within 3 hrs.  

Bad news though is that shares are already down about 20% from the around £13 they were (which I thought was a pretty good price).   £9.82 today is hopefully even more of a bargain, so bought another 50 today.

Does anyone know why the Shareholder benefit instructions specify an end date of Feb 28 2023 - is this something they update every year? 

15 minutes ago, Ukdw said:

Does anyone know why the Shareholder benefit instructions specify an end date of Feb 28 2023 - is this something they update every year? 

It gets updated every year, or it has done for the past 14 years that I have owned the shares.

Brian

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, Ukdw said:

Bought 100 shares myself a couple of weeks ago after booking an Iona Cruise, and sent off request for onboard credit on bank holiday Monday, and was amazed that it was applied within 3 hrs.  

Bad news though is that shares are already down about 20% from the around £13 they were (which I thought was a pretty good price).   £9.82 today is hopefully even more of a bargain, so bought another 50 today.

Hi guys never bought shares before but decided to take the plunge and used a service called Freetrade. Only just completed the transaction. We have 2 bookings with P&O so just checking what would the next steps be in terms of applying for obc?

17 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Hi guys never bought shares before but decided to take the plunge and used a service called Freetrade. Only just completed the transaction. We have 2 bookings with P&O so just checking what would the next steps be in terms of applying for obc?

All the information you need on this link

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

Thanks for that, just one question everything I have done is on-line. I can see my portfolio within the app but beyond the fact it shows the following I'm not sure this counts as proof of ownership?

Anyone any ideas?

Screenshot_20220518-185615_Freetrade.jpg

1 minute ago, JDB78 said:

Thanks for that, just one question everything I have done is on-line. I can see my portfolio within the app but beyond the fact it shows the following I'm not sure this counts as proof of ownership?

Anyone any ideas?

I dont think so,  you need a page which shows your name as well as your holding.

However if you contact your fund manager, by phone, e-mail or secure message from your app/account, they quite often offer a service to send the confirmation of your holding to Carnival.

You will need to send them your cruise number and booking ref for them to give Carnival the correct info to add the OBC to your booking.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont think so,  you need a page which shows your name as well as your holding.

However if you contact your fund manager, by phone, e-mail or secure message from your app/account, they quite often offer a service to send the confirmation of your holding to Carnival.

You will need to send them your cruise number and booking ref for them to give Carnival the correct info to add the OBC to your booking.

Thanks for that. The Freetrade company was recommended through the Martin Lewis website due to no fees. I am finding however that the online only, low fee companies are probably a bit of a no frills service that is going to take a bit of leg work.

Surely there must be a way of getting a current statement of your holding. You need one that shows your name, current date and number of Carnival shares.

You can then do a screen print or download to a .pdf file. Any non relevant information should be blanked out.

Brian

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Anyone any ideas?

If you click on the activity tab at the bottom of the screen it should take you to your monthly statements.

I used that to claim shareholder credit for Cunard so it should work for P&O

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

If you click on the activity tab at the bottom of the screen it should take you to your monthly statements.

I used that to claim shareholder credit for Cunard so it should work for P&O

Thanks I only just registered so think I've maybe got to wait until the 1st to get the statement?

All a bit new to this - always wanted to have a dabble with shares but just never had the confidence to just go what the heck and do it. Probably couldn't have chosen a worse time to start, however over the longer term, hopefully things will recover. We're on Ventura in July then Arvia next year so it's a no brainer really if you think that your going to be booking holidays quite regularly.

9 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Thanks I only just registered so think I've maybe got to wait until the 1st to get the statement?

I don’t see why you have to wait. My shares are held by HL and the price is continuously updated with a 15min delay from the LSE price so I can do a screen print at any time. However, it’s not the share price that’s relevant but the number or shares that you have to prove  your holding at the time of your application for shareholder credit.

Brian

26 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Probably, I'm not sure if you can ask for a statement out of the normal cycle. There's a chat facility and they were pretty responsive when I had a question.

• Like 1

Well as long as P&O provide an  OBC of £150 or £60 per cruise am happy and as I will probably be cruising 3 or 4 times a year with P&O/Carnival I think at the current share price its a very good deal.

The share price has just hit another low of 940p per share. So I just bought another 200 shares. 

Gauging the need and enthusiasm for cruising expressed on this forum and others I guess and hope the cruise industry will thrive and I might make a nice profit as well as OBC/cruise X 20 years. ☺️

I am now 70 so hope I will reach 90 and have these 20 years.

Edited by GOQ
add
  • Like 2

When you've emailed in the past has it taken long for a response? Received an instant auto response to say email received but then nothing. Emailed quite late on Wednesday but just presumed would have heard something yesterday or today?

1 hour ago, JDB78 said:

When you've emailed in the past has it taken long for a response? Received an instant auto response to say email received but then nothing. Emailed quite late on Wednesday but just presumed would have heard something yesterday or today?

Mine took 3 days a couple of weeks ago.Then a couple of days later had a confirmatory email from my TA with a revised P&O invoice showing the added credit

Brian

• Like 1