Test onboard to re-enter US

lovecruzin

6 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Yes, I found my paperwork and it does say if you booked your cruise prior to Nov.16, 2021, testing will be complimentary for guests onboard.  You must have proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation.  We do not fly out until 10:55 AM the following day, so I'm not sure we will qualify, unless they would let us hang out in Michael's Club until 10:55.  We were planning on bring some proctored Covid tests to do at our hotel that evening, but I would rather the ship do it.......

We're in the same boat so to speak.  We are flying out the next afternoon.  I wish they would change the wording to one day rather than 24 hours, much like they changed the test requirements to 2 days rather than 48 hours!

7 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

When I originally book this cruise New England/Canada I was told test would be giving upon return to USA.  I’ll have to look through paper work I believe it stated that if you were booked by a certain date you were grandfathered for test to be completed by Celebrity.

Yes - there was a date (?Nov 2021?) but be aware that "test to be completed by Celebrity" means they will hand you an eMed kit (free of charge) as you disembark.  You are on your own to find WiFi to take the test.

Edited by VitaminSea53
clarification

Just now, VitaminSea53 said:

Yes - there was a date (?Nov 2021?) but be aware that "Celebrity testing you" means they will hand you an eMed kit as you disembark.  You are on your own to find WiFi to take the test.

Are you certain about that?  For our consecutive cruise they tested us at the cruise port (this was in FLL).  

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Are you certain about that?  For our consecutive cruise they tested us at the cruise port (this was in FLL).  

I am not certain about anything anymore......This is what passengers in Europe have reported as their experience over the past few weeks.  I was disappointed but it makes sense.  If you test positive while On-Board, Celebrity has a policy to offer you accommodations to stay on-board until quarantine is over.  Once you have disembarked, you are not their responsibility.

1 minute ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I am not certain about anything anymore......This is what passengers in Europe have reported as their experience over the past few weeks.  I was disappointed but it makes sense.  If you test positive while On-Board, Celebrity has a policy to offer you accommodations to stay on-board until quarantine is over.  Once you have disembarked, you are not their responsibility.

From Celebrity Website:

Will COVID-19 testing be available for guests required to present a negative test result to re-enter their home country?

All guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing after disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. 

For Italy specific instructions they say:

Re-Entry (to home country)

We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test and cost $29.99. A United States address is required to register and utilize these test kits. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information.

5 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

From Celebrity Website:

Will COVID-19 testing be available for guests required to present a negative test result to re-enter their home country?

All guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing after disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. 

For Italy specific instructions they say:

Re-Entry (to home country)

We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test and cost $29.99. A United States address is required to register and utilize these test kits. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information.

This is quoted from a magazine for Travel Professionals dated 11-16-21

(I notice it does say "testing onboard prior to disembarkation"

Over the weekend, Celebrity Cruises updated its policies testing for disembarking guests requiring tests for onward travel, or for back-to-back cruising onboard. National Director of Market Sales for Canada, Allan Brooks, shared this statement with Open Jaw:

“We recently reached out to provide an update for our international guests requiring home country re-entry COVID-19 testing as well as testing for guests sailing on back-to-back cruises. At this time, we would like to provide some additional clarification.

Currently all fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the option to receive complimentary testing onboard prior to disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required.

We are pleased to clarify this offering will continue for all existing bookings.

As of Tuesday, November 16, 2021, for new bookings, home country re-entry testing will be available onboard for a fee of $55 per person for an Antigen test or $95 per person for a PCR test.

Edited by VitaminSea53

23 hours ago, misha1 said:

Because of this very debate, we have changed our flight home from Vancouver to Seattle and will hire a car service to Seattle.  Expensive?  Yes, but no more than trip insurance and we do not need to test and risk either missing our flight or having to isolate in Canada.  If we are symptomatic, then we test onboard and take it from there.  It was just too much stress after a vacation.  It's enough to cancel...once again.  First world problem

There is bus service by Amtrak.  May leave at a good time for you and your family.  Good luck!!

6 hours ago, danv3 said:

True.  As we all know, COVID can only cross international borders via air.  Sea and land borders are impervious.  😄

And it cannot cross state borders within the U.S. via air, hence the lack of ANY testing requirement to fly domestically in the U.S.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, lovecruzin said:

Would you mind telling me which car service? I would like to do the Eclipse Alaska itinerary but the thought of testing onboard, etc..is more than I want to deal with. Thanks!

kjlimousine out of Vancouver.  And, I agree that the testing or lack of testing is becoming ridiculous.  When the mask mandates were dropped was the appropriate time to drop the re-entry requirements.  We can all see how well the removal of mask mandates is working.  I don't want to have Covid, and I sure don't want to give someone Covid.  Unfortunetly, there is no solid way of preventing and protecting it short of never leaving one's bubble...and even then, not sure you are 100% safe there.  

• Like 1