Shadowmeboy Breakaway Adventure from New Orleans to the Western Caribbean!

shadowmeboy

We had a great cruise! I really relaxed and enjoyed the trip. We wish we had more time in NOLA, but we also wanted to see our friends! We had a lot of fun and Susan had a blast on the Zipline! We can't wait for our next cruise.

Note: We are supposed to be sailing in a week. We are waiting to see if we get to go, as we are booked on the Sun who hit a growler near Hubbard Glacier a few days ago. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Great Trip and Review as Always.  On one of your past Cruises you stayed with

friends in Connecticut. I remember you Traveled by my Area of Western 

Massachusetts  while you were "Touring". You might have been on the Mass. Pike.

4 hours ago, warb said:

Great Trip and Review as Always.  On one of your past Cruises you stayed with

friends in Connecticut. I remember you Traveled by my Area of Western 

Massachusetts  while you were "Touring". You might have been on the Mass. Pike.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

I finally finished your report. Thanks for another great one with all the start to finish pictures! I hope you get to cruise again next week. 😊

Our Sun cruise was cancelled today, but we rebooked onto the Norwegian Spirit for a 7 night Alaska cruise leaving July 6th. So we are still going sailing!

• Like 5

On 2/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, DwayneG said:

Is Breakaway still using the old key cards you stick in the slot or have they changed to the proximity ones you just wave around?  Want to know whether we can punch our cards for lanyards or need the kind with a pocket.

Don't punch the card!  Get the lanyard pocket.

Elvis

@shadowmeboysorry to hear your SUN Alaska cruise has been replaced with SPIRIT ... but you both will do well on the Spirit! It's different from the Sun but she's lovely after her extreme refurbishments back in Jan 2020 and we were on her the first cruise after that. There is a link in my signature ....

We booked on her for our two B2B Alaska cruises May 2023. We picked that ship over the others ... if Spirit was doing the Panama we'd pick her over the other ships.

You'll soon find out !!!

ENJOY!!

P.S. When's your cruise to BERMUDA???? 😁

Edited by bluesea777

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, bluesea777 said:

@shadowmeboysorry to hear your SUN Alaska cruise has been replaced with SPIRIT ... but you both will do well on the Spirit! It's different from the Sun but she's lovely after her extreme refurbishments back in Jan 2020 and we were on her the first cruise after that. There is a link in my signature ....

We booked on her for our two B2B Alaska cruises May 2023. We picked that ship over the others ... if Spirit was doing the Panama we'd pick her over the other ships.

You'll soon find out !!!

ENJOY!!

P.S. When's your cruise to BERMUDA???? 😁

Just got back from the Spirit. I see what you mean. It is a beautiful ship, and the aft MDR Windows was so awesome. I wish there were more Specialties to choose from. We have booked the Spirit again for a Alaska cruise in 2024. I spent hours out in the Great Outdoors just under the cover of deck 13 to keep the cameras dry. We booked a balcony on deck 11, right by the exit to Spice H2O, so its an easy one deck up to my favorite spot!

Bermuda is next July; July 2023. I am looking forward to that one as well. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 8:07 AM, metalmynx said:

Thanks for this review! We are sailing on the Breakaway in September for the second time and seeing the ship pictures and things to do on board has really helped me with planning. I especially loved the food and menu pics since I like to know in advance what's available to eat. Great job and looks like you both had an amazing time.

We were unable to get our ship model for the Breakaway. When you sail, can you check for a ship model. If they have one, I would love to pay you to purchase it and mail it to me. Let me know closer to your sailing if you are willing.