Current Captain List?

milogurd

I know we have a "Princess Cruise Director and Entertainment Director List" here.

Is there a list of current Captains? - TIA

2 hours ago, milogurd said:

I know we have a "Princess Cruise Director and Entertainment Director List" here.

Is there a list of current Captains? - TIA

Yes and they were asked to also make it a "sticky" at the top of the page, but they have not deemed it appropriate to do so.  It can fall off the first couple of pages with no news nor updates.  You find it with a search but IDK how up-to-date it is: 

Well, I couldn't find it, but saw it recently.  Sorry.  Maybe you can find it.

• Thanks 1

I could never understand why Princess could not list current ship Captains on their own website. Would not take much effort to update and it is surely not secret data

Can someone tell me why there is so much interest in who is the Captain of the ship? I find it similar to the Captain of a plane. No one asks who is flying the plane. I have to assume the captains are all very competent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, highloyo said:

Can someone tell me why there is so much interest in who is the Captain of the ship? I find it similar to the Captain of a plane. No one asks who is flying the plane. I have to assume the captains are all very competent.

Some folks just want to know in advance.  Some would like to cruise with a fave, perhaps.  That is a challenge unless you know them personally and can correspond and ask their schedule.  Most people are planning and booking cruises in advance, but if booking near sail date, maybe they want to know which ship and pick that one.  I'd love to sail with Captain Tuvo again, but it's luck of the draw for us as we aren't chasing personalities - we are booking itineraries and times we wish to sail.

Same thing for CD's and ED's, but that thread is a sticky now.  Not chasing them either, but nice to have a really good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, highloyo said:

They are equally competent in safely running a ship.

Some are much better than others in crew motivation and some are much better than others in passenger interaction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, highloyo said:

When you have been on lots of cruises and many Most Travelled luncheons you get to know the Captains more. Each has a different personality and some are very friendly. A good Captain makes the crew happy and it reflects in their attitudes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, highloyo said:

While the vast majority, if not all, ship captains are competent, some are more personable than others. Some, you seldom, if ever, see on the ship others are more personable and enjoyable to be around. As an example of the latter is Captain Tuvo who is, the last I knew, on the Sky Princess.  You will definitely know when he is the captain of the ship you are on when he makes any announcements on the ship because he always starts off with a "You-who" at the start of the announcement and ends it with a "Bye-bye." He is involved with his passengers and has been known to even sit down and call a few numbers when Bingo is being played. I would suspect that he is someone who would be a pleasure to work under also but that is a supposition on my part.  The fact that he may appear just about anywhere at anytime on his ship seems, to me at least, that he feels confident in his crew and staff and that makes me feel safe on his ship. That is why I like to know who the captain is. Others may have other reasons.

Tom

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

While the vast majority, if not all, ship captains are competent, some are more personable than others. Some, you seldom, if ever, see on the ship others are more personable and enjoyable to be around. As an example of the latter is Captain Tuvo who is, the last I knew, on the Sky Princess.  You will definitely know when he is the captain of the ship you are on when he makes any announcements on the ship because he always starts off with a "You-who" at the start of the announcement and ends it with a "Bye-bye." He is involved with his passengers and has been known to even sit down and call a few numbers when Bingo is being played. I would suspect that he is someone who would be a pleasure to work under also but that is a supposition on my part.  The fact that he may appear just about anywhere at anytime on his ship seems, to me at least, that he feels confident in his crew and staff and that makes me feel safe on his ship. That is why I like to know who the captain is. Others may have other reasons.

Tom

Captain Tuvo is on Majestic now. I had the pleasure of sailing with him for the first time last week and went to his 'Coffee with the Captain ' session on the last day. He was more entertaining than some of the actual  entertainment!

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Captain Tuvo is on Majestic now. I had the pleasure of sailing with him for the first time last week and went to his 'Coffee with the Captain ' session on the last day. He was more entertaining than some of the actual  entertainment!

Thanks for the info on Captain Tuvo, Buckeye!

Tom

8 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Any idea if Captain Tuvo will be on Majestic when it comes to Australia? It will be great to sail with him having read so many wonderful reports.

He said he would be on Majestic for 3 months but did not mention where he would be after his break.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, highloyo said:

My friends used to ask so that they could take a later flight😀

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

OMG I hope he is still there on my next trip!!