Princess Cruises introduces all-inclusive Premier Package

dides

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

In February of this year on the Emerald Princess, I only paid the difference. I had a $13 glass of wine and was charged $1.18.  I don’t think you should have been charged full price unless you are talking about January of an earlier year. 

It was January of 2022 and, as I said, we asked and the crew member must have been misinformed.

We weren't willing to pay full price (mostly on principal, as we

had already paid for the drink package) so we just ordered a less expensive wine.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, rheathslc said:

Yeah, I noticed that discrepancy too. I have a 5 day cruise booked with Princess Plus and it shows the included "Premier Drink with Service Charge" which will have the name Plus Drinks going forward has a price of $342.55 which is only $68.51 per person per day, not the $70.79 per person per day that shows when you go to book the stand-alone drinks package. Maybe Princess gives a different value to the package in Princess Plus than it does in the stand-alone package for some reason. I mean, it's only $2.28 difference. But still strange. I seem to remember that the drinks package was a slightly different price a few years ago when I first booked it but I can't remember for sure. Maybe they just didn't make that change in the internal pricing. Unless someone else can shed light on this.

That all means that you did in fact book Princess Plus though. 🙂

Edited by cactusrose

On 5/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, rheathslc said:

Yeah, I noticed that discrepancy too. I have a 5 day cruise booked with Princess Plus and it shows the included "Premier Drink with Service Charge" which will have the name Plus Drinks going forward has a price of $342.55 which is only $68.51 per person per day, not the $70.79 per person per day that shows when you go to book the stand-alone drinks package. Maybe Princess gives a different value to the package in Princess Plus than it does in the stand-alone package for some reason. I mean, it's only $2.28 difference. But still strange. I seem to remember that the drinks package was a slightly different price a few years ago when I first booked it but I can't remember for sure. Maybe they just didn't make that change in the internal pricing. Unless someone else can shed light on this.

That all means that you did in fact book Princess Plus though. 🙂

Deleted

I took a look at a 10 day RT Hawaii out of San Francisco on Feb.10, 2023.   Someone needs to check their math.  Here's what I noticed.

The Princess Plus says it's up to a $700 per day value per guest but it will coast us an additional $750 per guest over the Princess Standard Package.  The email shows that this package is $60 per day more than the standard so on the cruise I checked that would be $600, not $750, more per guest..The Princess Pemier is $1,126  per guest  more even though the advertising says it's $75 per day per guest.   That would be $750m not $1126.   Not a good look.  I won't be booking anything until they get this fixed.

I got this email today for our Alaska cruise in July. There's no way I'm giving Princess more money upfront since they can't tell me if I'm evening allowed on the ship until we're already in a hotel in Seattle two days before sailing. One positive Covid test from our family and it will be many months before I see a credit for this upfront charge. Stop testing and I'll start buying. (And we are not anti-vaxxers. All doubled vaxxed and boosted.)

4 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Well, as of today, in my Cruise Personalizer, under "Reservations and Purchases", it says that I have the "Plus Beverage Package Including Service Charges".  So that is that.  I suppose that I could try to bully the good people at the PS Desk by showing them my Booking Confirmation that uses the word "Premier", but I won't.

I just looked at our Personalizer and same thing, the wording has now been changed to Plus Beverage package as well.  However, if I print the Travel Summary from the booking, it still says Premier Drinks.  As does the print-out I have in my cruise notebook. 

We also booked under the Best.Sale.Ever promotion (i.e. Sip and Sail) and I believe the drinks package has always had a limit on the drinks up to a certain amount.  The expectation that the really premium drinks would obviously be more expensive.  But, if they start categorizing regular call brands into the over $12 limit where they were not previously, that I do not feel is right.   However, my name is not on the door and they didn't ask my opinion :classic_biggrin:.  And, I can always take my cruise dollars elsewhere.  But, we cruise in about 2 weeks so we are stuck with it and hope for the best.

I think we are going to follow your plan.....

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Ombud said:

I've already suggested that they cut the 15 per day drinks to 10. Tired of drunken fools onboard. The way I see it: 2 lattes, unlimited drip coffee or tea, 3 sodas or waters, still leaves 5 booze. Maybe that adjustment is next?? Then a few will pay $$$

Especially since Carnival Cruises just announced it's increase. That was $1 per day across the board. 

I don't see cutting the alcoholic drinks to 5 ever!  Besides, you don't count specialty coffees, water and juices in this.  That is included in the package.  No, the 15 limit will stay right where it is!  

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

I got this email today for our Alaska cruise in July. There's no way I'm giving Princess more money upfront since they can't tell me if I'm evening allowed on the ship until we're already in a hotel in Seattle two days before sailing. One positive Covid test from our family and it will be many months before I see a credit for this upfront charge. Stop testing and I'll start buying. (And we are not anti-vaxxers. All doubled vaxxed and boosted.)

Good luck with that.  Until Covid goes away, and it is making a resurgence, testing will remain in place.  It is a pain, but necessary at this time.  Of course, the alternative is to not cruise or not travel...

On 5/18/2022 at 6:32 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Well my confirmation from our TA clearly shows 68.00 total pp for package that is listed as Premier Beverage, unlimited wifi, and DSC. I went on our Princess log on and these also show on each of our booking.

I have received a bottle of wine for several cruises when we use one of our free dining options. We have the tags in our cabin when we board for dining and generally go to whichever steak house is on that ship. Always get a bottle of white wine (type depends on what I fancy at the time) and have never been charged for it. We also get 2 glasses of the awful stuff for sail away I put this away and use it with cranberry juice in the morning sometimes. Have these things changed on Princess?

The free bottle of wine is on Carnival, not Princess.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I just looked at our Personalizer and same thing, the wording has now been changed to Plus Beverage package as well.  However, if I print the Travel Summary from the booking, it still says Premier Drinks.  As does the print-out I have in my cruise notebook. 

We also booked under the Best.Sale.Ever promotion (i.e. Sip and Sail) and I believe the drinks package has always had a limit on the drinks up to a certain amount.  The expectation that the really premium drinks would obviously be more expensive.  But, if they start categorizing regular call brands into the over $12 limit where they were not previously, that I do not feel is right.   However, my name is not on the door and they didn't ask my opinion :classic_biggrin:.  And, I can always take my cruise dollars elsewhere.  But, we cruise in about 2 weeks so we are stuck with it and hope for the best.

I think we are going to follow your plan.....

If you literally mean '2 weeks' when you sail, you should be good! The new Premier package doesn't start until sailings starting June 25th and later.

😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

If you literally mean '2 weeks' when you sail, you should be good! The new Premier package doesn't start until sailings starting June 25th and later.

😊

Yes, June 11th.  But, they are offering both beverage packages in the cruise planner.  So, either I'm confused or Princess is. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.png.86ed6d6ee9cbfc297389b32e653f6725.png

3 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Yes, June 11th.  But, they are offering both beverage packages in the cruise planner.  So, either I'm confused or Princess is. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.png.86ed6d6ee9cbfc297389b32e653f6725.png

Huh. Well that's interesting. Strange, but interesting.

Not "really" surprised though.....Princess really seems to have some problems with implementing their new ideas.... 🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

Good luck with that.  Until Covid goes away, and it is making a resurgence, testing will remain in place.  It is a pain, but necessary at this time.  Of course, the alternative is to not cruise or not travel...

I have no problem traveling...never stopped. But, I'm not going to give Princess more upfront money when they can snatch the cruise away two days before sailing and keep my money for months. Last cancelled sailing took three months to get our money back. We're doing bare bones bookings until this is normalized.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, rheathslc said:

You're absolutely right. I got that wrong in my calculations. I still think it's a good value for my style of cruising and what I usually spend money on anyway. 🙂

Now we just have to wait and see if the drink prices increase and make some or even a majority of the drinks previously included at the $12 level only available at the $18 level going forward. That would for sure be a rotten thing for Princess to do. But several lines are increasing their prices right now so I guess we'll see what happens.

Just curious, did you pencil out the possibility of buying bottles of wine with the 25% discount?   It might be cheaper (but I'm not the math whiz).

19 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I have no problem traveling...never stopped. But, I'm not going to give Princess more upfront money when they can snatch the cruise away two days before sailing and keep my money for months. Last cancelled sailing took three months to get our money back. We're doing bare bones bookings until this is normalized.

The ironic thing is too:    You can do a covid test 3 days before you sail (if you meet the requirements), but you HAVE to purchase the upgraded beverage plan no later than 4 days before you cruise.   You can't buy it 1-3 days before or when you get on the ship.

• Like 1

Looking at what is included in the Plus and Premier packages it says in part that the Plus package has the "Plus Coffee & Soda Package" and the Premier package has the "Premier Coffee & Soda Package."

Is there any actual difference in what is included in the Coffee and Soda Package in Plus and Premier?

8 hours ago, chamima said:

When we were on the Caribbean Princess in January any drink above the $12 limit was charged in full - not just the difference.

I know that on Celebrity we just pay the difference but, unless something has changed, on Princess any drink above the $12 limit was not covered at all.

If prices are raised they will probably be raised across the board - not just those in the Plus package.

When we were on the Sky, Dec/Jan this year, we just paid the difference plus tax above the $12 limit.

Anyone interested in upgrading their current package to the Premium can have their TA do it for $25 per day. They need to enter a certain code.  IMO, for those of us who like to drink more expensive wine, it is worth it. This is what my new Summary states. Interesting how they price  each item. 😳

970CF942-723C-4407-8A8F-D1CA6405265D.jpeg

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Looking at what is included in the Plus and Premier packages it says in part that the Plus package has the "Plus Coffee & Soda Package" and the Premier package has the "Premier Coffee & Soda Package."

Is there any actual difference in what is included in the Coffee and Soda Package in Plus and Premier?

There is only one coffee and soda package on sale separately. I wonder if the premier coffee package relates to coffees with alcohol ? After dinner coffees with the more expensive alcohol maybe ? 

8 hours ago, caribill said:

From the Princess Info page:

Plus Beverage Package

Our Plus Beverage Package includes the classics: sodas, specialty coffees and teas, cocktails, wine and beer up to $12 each. Even hot chocolate, smoothies and water to go. Whatever you want – with tips included!

Premier Beverage Package

Our beverage package that’s the best of the best. It includes everything our Plus Beverage Package does as well as drinks up to $18 each with a premium selection of spirits, cocktails and wine by the glass. If you’re a top shelf kind of person, this is your beverage package.

Doesn't mention any change in anything non-alcoholic.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cactusrose said:

I took a look at a 10 day RT Hawaii out of San Francisco on Feb.10, 2023.   Someone needs to check their math.  Here's what I noticed.

The Princess Plus says it's up to a $700 per day value per guest but it will coast us an additional $750 per guest over the Princess Standard Package.  The email shows that this package is $60 per day more than the standard so on the cruise I checked that would be $600, not $750, more per guest..The Princess Pemier is $1,126  per guest  more even though the advertising says it's $75 per day per guest.   That would be $750m not $1126.   Not a good look.  I won't be booking anything until they get this fixed.

The Plus Beverage Package is about $60/pp/day - before 18% bar gratuity.  Add that on and you are at $70/pp/day.  

You stated PLUS costs additional $750/pp for  10-night voyage.  At $75/pp/day, this is the Premier Package.  The Plus moved from $40 to $50.  If you were already booked with Plus, you can upgrade for $25/pp/day.  Note that the Plus and Premier are cruise fare packages and include bar gratuities in the pricing. 

So, the Plus pricing is now $50/pp/day and the separately sold drink package is ~$70/pp/day.

Premier is $75/pp/day and the separately sold drink package is over $90/pp/day. 

If the cruise fare package has value for you, it is definitely better than buying a drink package in the Personalizer.  Cannot imagine why anyone would do that when both Crew Incentive and Internet are also included in the cruise fare package.  You can pretty much pay for two cruise fare upgrade versus one separate drink package.

13 hours ago, jk04 said:

We also booked under the Best.Sale.Ever promotion (i.e. Sip and Sail) and I believe the drinks package has always had a limit on the drinks up to a certain amount. 

B.S.E. doesn't quite equal old Sip&Sail.  It is pretty close is you are going with a Plus option instead of the Saver (now Standard) fare option.  When they had the old S&S, everyone ended up with drinks at a higher price point.  At first, a guest could ask Princess on exception to decline the drinks and get some OBC, but I think they dropped that in the last year it was offered.  I never booked under S&S as the higher price point was not of interest (perhaps once we got the OBC, but then I probably later re-fared). 

With the new plans, a guest can elect to go Standard fare and also receive any other fare promotions offered.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

The free bottle of wine is on Carnival, not Princess.

Sorry have always gotten one our first night at specialty dinning and they have It for me where I dine for as long as the bottle lasts. We haven't sailed on 

Princess since 2019 so that could have changed. 

Thanks

11 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

The ironic thing is too:    You can do a covid test 3 days before you sail (if you meet the requirements), but you HAVE to purchase the upgraded beverage plan no later than 4 days before you cruise.   You can't buy it 1-3 days before or when you get on the ship.

Of course that's the case. You can't tell me someone at Princess didn't plan it that way.