Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

56 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

No none of us do, but the monkeys out there do😠 Especially the ones who like to make complicated apps.

We have to take photo of rat test result and upload it. They will also ask us at check in to attest to neg result

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

OK. Then that is what we will do. I feel it is ridiculous that Princess is now altering their rules. Thank you for going on the chat line and letting us know the answer to the question.

Well we did discuss in this group that anyone could take a photo of anyones results so didn’t think that would be a useful exercise. Cos we still have to do the legal attest. So I guess they just adding and extra layer of protection for them

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

We need to take photo of rat test and upload it, then they will ask us to attest to negative results

Thanks for that.  Could all change again in 2 months time though. I think they just like us to jump through hoops.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Thanks for that.  Could all change again in 2 months time though. I think they just like us to jump through hoops.

I’ll tell you how many hoops in 48 hrs!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We have to take photo of rat test result and upload it. They will also ask us at check in to attest to neg result

So should we take individual photos and upload individually to each person, or in your case, one photo showing two tests next to each other? I will have three tests to upload.

• Like 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

So should we take individual photos and upload individually to each person, or in your case, one photo showing two tests next to each other? I will have three tests to upload.

I was thinking I’d take individual photos but also one together and see then when I go to upload if it lets me do two etc. I’ll let you all know in 48 hrs

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Well we did discuss in this group that anyone could take a photo of anyones results so didn’t think that would be a useful exercise. Cos we still have to do the legal attest. So I guess they just adding and extra layer of protection for them

Not really. Anyone inclined to fudge their test can still fudge a photo of a test. Take your pic pick 

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+19+RAT+negative+result&rlz=1C1GIGM_enAU758AU758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM7Mabjqz4AhXc3jgGHW1yCLsQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=950&dpr=1

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I was thinking I’d take individual photos but also one together and see then when I go to upload if it lets me do two etc. I’ll let you all know in 48 hrs

Thanks. See I was going to do one person at a time so that I could get the timing exactly correct, and "supervise" the other two doing it before I did mine. And you can't "read" a test after 15 mins. So I will need to take individual photos as I go along.

• Like 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

Thanks. See I was going to do one person at a time so that I could get the timing exactly correct, and "supervise" the other two doing it before I did mine. And you can't "read" a test after 15 mins. So I will need to take individual photos as I go along.

Well we’ll do our simultaneous tomorrow and let you know after I upload cos you can’t go to next screen until you’ve uploaded

• Thanks 1

I am still puzzled at the "upload proof more than 24 hours of embarkation" and take the test "within 24 hours of embarkation". Maybe I will phone and see what a different customer service rep says. We could have the old case of asking three different people and get three different answers. Years ago we had a running joke on this forum of "Kylie from P&O". Someone got a silly answer from Kylie, so for years, when someone got a strange answer from a phone rep at P&O, the explanation was that it had to be Kylie.😁

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am still puzzled at the "upload proof more than 24 hours of embarkation" and take the test "within 24 hours of embarkation". Maybe I will phone and see what a different customer service rep says. We could have the old case of asking three different people and get three different answers. Years ago we had a running joke on this forum of "Kylie from P&O". Someone got a silly answer from Kylie, so for years, when someone got a strange answer from a phone rep at P&O, the explanation was that it had to be Kylie.😁

I only did live chat, didn’t try to

phone

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Kylie, who insisted the pool slide was still on Pacific Sun, despite photos of it being cut up and laying on the ground. It would have to be the same Kylie, surely 😂. I think she also inspired the term "booking bunny".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Don’t say that, I’m currently on hold on the phone, I have hold music with occasional button beeps happening. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Don’t say that, I’m currently on hold on the phone, I have hold music with occasional button beeps happening. 

I don’t understand why there is confusion with this?

24 hours before you intend to board the ship, do a RAT test - either saliva or nasal, your choice. Once you have the test confirmed as Negative, log onto the Medallion App and in the Health Questions find the one that asks you to ATTEST to a negative result. Then Attest that it was negative.

Then exit the app, close your suitcase and wait to for your cruise to begin. 

Am I wrong about this? Could anything be easier? 

0524AFF4-714D-48ED-84F6-34E68A9D64E1.png

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

I don’t understand why there is confusion with this?

24 hours before you intend to board the ship, do a RAT test - either saliva or nasal, your choice. Once you have the test confirmed as Negative, log onto the Medallion App and in the Health Questions find the one that asks you to ATTEST to a negative result. Then Attest that it was negative.

Then exit the app, close your suitcase and wait to for your cruise to begin. 

That’s what I thought, but I went into the app as we’re  48 hrs out ( it’s been saying that info be available at 48 hrs). It won’t let me go any further til I upload something!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s what I thought, but I went into the app as we’re  48 hrs out ( it’s been saying that info be available at 48 hrs). It won’t let me go any further til I upload something!

Well, you are on the spot - let us know how you go, you are doing a RAT or PCR?

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

Just now, Porky55 said:

Well, you are on the spot - but is it within the 72 hours? 

The app says it will supply info 48 hrs out so unless anyone else is on trip 16 June they won’t know

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

The app says it will supply info 48 hrs out so unless anyone else is on trip 16 June they won’t know

Agreed - that’s why we are all relying on you to work it out 😉😆 

Only thing I can say is keep trying and tell us at what time (if any) you got it to work 🤞🙏

Cheers, Rose 🌹

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Well, seems my bland assessment of the testing is being tested right now by Cbtours, so follow the posts we are having to see if this helps at all. Just like the app itself, seems nothing is quite so simple 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Porky55 said:

Well, seems my bland assessment of the testing is being tested right now by Cbtours, so follow the posts we are having to see if this helps at all. Just like the app itself, seems nothing is quite so simple 🙄

Ate you still on hold or did someone tell you

31 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Hi, Cbtours and I want to know if you are still on hold, or if you got an answer? 🤔😲

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Seems I might be wrong 😳 awaiting our intrepid traveller - Cbtours - for an answer to the PCR/RAT testing completion in the Medallion app - got everything crossed 🤞

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

I’m still on hold, I’m calling about OBC rather than the app.

To be honest with you, I always get the best results from phone calls to Princess if I ring in the morning. Perhaps you can try again tomorrow? Good luck 😆

• Haha 1