Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@Cbtours Could I please ask another question? 

Just saw a comment in another topic mentioning that Princess have complimentary icecream on deck.

Q - "Do Princess have Complimentary Icecream on deck?" 

Thanks. 

Pretty sure the complimentary icecream is soft serve - in buffet 🤔

The good stuff is at the Icecream Bar - for $$.

But let’s see what Cbtours discovers for you 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I’ll even check the flavours lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

On the Sea Princess there was a soft serve station near the pool. I can recall that on the Emerald Princess there was a 'proper icecream' station on the pool deck. We will wait and see what they have on the Coral.

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On the Sea Princess there was a soft serve station near the pool. I can recall that on the Emerald Princess there was a 'proper icecream' station on the pool deck. We will wait and see what they have on the Coral.

It wil be there unless they want to rip off the Aussies and charge, in my 18 Princess cruises complimentary ice cream bar was always there. Think they call it coffee and cones now, ice cream cones no charge, coffee etc you pay for. Next to the pizza bar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So just logged into 16th June cruise and its showing excursions are closed! 19th, 23 and 26th showing so it must be because its getting closer maybe. Of course they only had two disembark excursions.

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Gelato? Soft serve, Flake in the top! hahahah

Soft serve is NOT gelato. IMHO it shouldn't even be called ice cream.

I don't eat a lot of ice cream but when I do it has to be good ice cream or gelato.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

So just logged into 16th June cruise and its showing excursions are closed! 19th, 23 and 26th showing so it must be because its getting closer maybe. Of course they only had two disembark excursions.

Probably reached capacity, limited transport infrastructure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Soft serve is NOT gelato. IMHO it shouldn't even be called ice cream.

I don't eat a lot of ice cream but when I do it has to be good ice cream or gelato.

The complimentary Princess icecream 🍦 up top is your basic variety, like Woollies Home Brand. But me being an icecreamaholic, like I eat it everyday, it is fine. I cannot walk past an icecream shop, lol. On the ships it is always 3 or 4 scoops in the mdr, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The complimentary Princess icecream 🍦 up top is your basic variety, like Woollies Home Brand. But me being an icecreamaholic, like I eat it everyday, it is fine. I cannot walk past an icecream shop, lol.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The complimentary Princess icecream 🍦 up top is your basic variety, like Woollies Home Brand. But me being an icecreamaholic, like I eat it everyday, it is fine. I cannot walk past an icecream shop, lol.

Now if I could find my fav coffee and walnut icecream that used to be available everywhere in ice cream shops but hasnt been for years!!! I never went past that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Now if I could find my fav coffee and walnut icecream that used to be available everywhere in ice cream shops but hasnt been for years!!! I never went past that!

I like Bulla for everyday eating at home. Sometimes I get a 2 litre tub of rum and raisin then before eating chuck in a few extra raisins or sultanas and a double cap of bundy rum in the bowl. Lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

And weve got our next off topic theme! Whats your favourite ice cream flavour lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I like Bulla for everyday eating at home. Sometimes I get a 2 litre tub of rum and raisin then before eating chuck in a few extra raisins or sultanas and a double cap of bundy rum in the bowl. Lubbly jubbly.

Bulla is OK but it seems to have changed in the past couple of years and isn't as nice as it used to me. My expert ice-cream connoisseur, Niki, won't even have a lick of it any more.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bulla is OK but it seems to have changed in the past couple of years and isn't as nice as it used to me. My expert ice-cream connoisseur, Niki, won't even have a lick of it any more.

There is the 4 litres el cheapo Bulla, not keen on that, but I get the better Bulla, 2 litres, $9 in Woolworths but often on special. I got  1 litre tub of Hersheys choc/caramel the other day, 1 litre, lubbly jubbly but expensive.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I like Maggie Beer's Burnt Fig, Honeycomb and Caramel ice cream with mangoes.

Otherwise I tend to go for an espresso ice cream, or maybe tiramisu, if I'm having a cone. I like that touch of bitterness to counteract the sweetness of ice cream.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There is the 4 litres el cheapo Bulla, not keen on that, but I get the better Bulla, 2 litres, $9 in Woolworths but often on special.

We only get the 2 litre pack. No room in the freezer for anything bigger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

And weve got our next off topic theme! Whats your favourite ice cream flavour lol

There are a few nice caramel ones out there, but most have the crunch of caramel chips or pecans which I am not a fan of. Woolies Select Salted Caramel is yummo. Also have a liking for Weis Pineapple, Lime & Vanilla half & half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I like Maggie Beer's Burnt Fig, Honeycomb and Caramel ice cream with mangoes.

Otherwise I tend to go for an espresso ice cream, or maybe tiramisu, if I'm having a cone. I like that touch of bitterness to counteract the sweetness of ice cream.

I like the idea of burnt fig!!! And anything coffee flavour 

***SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM UPDATE***
Seems that there IS indeed complimentary Soft Serve Ice cream and with sprinkles on the Coral.
Someone who is currently on that current TEST Cruise sneakily just mentioned it, near the Lotus Pool.
Excellent news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Seems that there IS indeed complimentary Soft Serve Ice cream and with sprinkles on the Coral.
Someone who is currently on that current TEST Cruise sneakily just mentioned it, near the Lotus Pool.
Excellent news. 

Cool. What forum are the “testers” using 🥰

6 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Excellent news. 

Thanks for that info. Maybe better than nothing, but I don't feel soft serve is really icecream. I will have one occasionally.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for that info. Maybe better than nothing, but I don't feel soft serve is really icecream. I will have one occasionally.

It will suit my daughter down to the ground. Free Hamburgers and Free Soft Serve is what draws her to Carnival. 

• Like 1