Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

45 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Big profits in booze sales on board, as we know Geoff, irrespective of the cruiseline.amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg.c285ae2f39c421936a48aa4173840321.jpg

Not so sure with Princess for now as they re-establish themselves. As a fare add-on, we are paying an extra $40 each per day for what is pretty much all we can drink and internet. If I only have 10 drinks of my allotted 15 per day, I am drinking at less than RSL prices. I even have a feeling that during the dark doldrums, we even paid less than $30 each per day for this package on an 11 night cruise, and it also came with a gratis specialty restaurant meal.

So here is a question. If we only have 10 drinks per day, can we get takeaways for the ones we don't drink? 😉 ie, is it possible to get a stubby where they don't open it when served?

Edited by arxcards

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not so sure with Princess for now as they re-establish themselves. As a fare add-on, we are paying an extra $40 each per day for what is pretty much all we can drink and internet. If I only have 10 drinks of my allotted 15 per day, I am drinking at less than RSL prices. I even have a feeling that during the dark doldrums, we even paid less than $30 each per day for this package on an 11 night cruise, and it also came with a gratis specialty restaurant meal.

So here is a question. If we only have 10 drinks per day, can we get takeaways for the ones we don't drink? 😉 ie, is it possible to get a stubby where they don't open it when served?

Unfortunately not. However you can get one as a "roadie" to take back to the cabin. There is a time check on how quickly you can get a drink after you have received on. You only need to have 4 beers and a coffee and that's $40 so anything over that you're in front.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

That sounds like a good idea 💡

I think the 15 alcohol per day limit came onto cruises (Australian anyway) after that Carnival debacle years ago. They ( people involved) blamed overindulgence in alcohol. Or so I heard 🙄

No, it came in worldwide in about 2017 or 2018.

When they first introduced drinks packages in Australia, in 2015, there were no limits other than maximum dollar value.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, it came in worldwide in about 2017 or 2018.

When they first introduced drinks packages in Australia, in 2015, there were no limits other than maximum dollar value.

Ok - there you go, coincidence perhaps, that both events happened around the same time - Feb 2018?

20 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Unfortunately not. However you can get one as a "roadie" to take back to the cabin. There is a time check on how quickly you can get a drink after you have received on. You only need to have 4 beers and a coffee and that's $40 so anything over that you're in front.

You need a roadie on Coral, 296 metres long, fair walk along those corridors, been there done that, lol. Great ship.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Ok - there you go, coincidence perhaps, that both events happened around the same time - Feb 2018?

If that was the case why was the limit imposed on Americans, Europeans etc. It was worldwide whenever it started.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You need a roadie on Coral, 296 metres long, fair walk along those corridors, been there done that, lol. Great ship.

That's one of the reasons I don't put on much weight on cruises. I'm so busy racing from one end of the ship to the other I burn off all the extra calories I eat. 

Mind you, it might be different with a suite and a medallion. Too easy to sit on the sunlounger and order a meal, or a drink, or some canapes or ... 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's one of the reasons I don't put on much weight on cruises. I'm so busy racing from one end of the ship to the other I burn off all the extra calories I eat. 

Mind you, it might be different with a suite and a medallion. Too easy to sit on the sunlounger and order a meal, or a drink, or some canapes or ... 🤣🤣🤣

We are loving the medallion! So cute to

order, watch that they are preparing your order then it’s on its way! Knock knock and it’s here 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 6

On 5/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Sparky74 said:

@Cbtours 

As you know from our Roll Call, DW and I will be joining you on the Coral Princess on Sunday 26th June. 
My Aunt is travelling with us and will celebrate her birthday while onboard.

I'd like to order an arrangement of fresh flowers for her stateroom. I can’t see flowers listed on the website or in the dreaded Medallion App. According to the Princess CC forum, you can order flowers from Guest Services once onboard. Could you please confirm if this is the case on the Coral Princess sailing out of Brisbane. 
Thanks. 

Glad to hear you’re enjoying your cruises, Irene. I hope to be able to meet you and Frank next week. 
I’m wondering if you’ve managed to sus out the flower situation. I've missed the answer if you’ve posted it. No biggie if you don’t get around to it. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Glad to hear you’re enjoying your cruises, Irene. I hope to be able to meet you and Frank next week. 
I’m wondering if you’ve managed to sus out the flower situation. I've missed the answer if you’ve posted it. No biggie if you don’t get around to it. 😁

Doh no but franks going to the gym after breakfast so I’ll def suss it out! After all auntie is my adopted auntie now remember 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Doh no but franks going to the gym after breakfast so I’ll def suss it out! After all auntie is my adopted auntie now remember 😂😂😂

The Gym? makes me ill thinking about a gym. lol. Enjoy the day.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Gym? makes me ill thinking about a gym. lol. Enjoy the day.

Ok you can order flowers online to have in cabin via princess.com (cruise personaliser). 
the lady telling me didn’t give me price lists etc. you can also order to pick up if you prefer.

if you can’t see prices I’ll go back.🥰

lol the gym! 

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Ok you can order flowers online to have in cabin via princess.com (cruise personaliser). 
the lady telling me didn’t give me price lists etc. you can also order to pick up if you prefer.

if you can’t see prices I’ll go back.🥰

lol the gym! 

Thanks, Irene. I’ve gone back into the cruise personaliser and can’t find flowers listed. I can see where to order chocolate dipped strawberries, a birthday cake, a bucket of beers, and even playing cards…

But I can’t see flowers listed. 🤷‍♂️
As I said, no biggie, but if you’re looking for a mission…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Thanks, Irene. I’ve gone back into the cruise personaliser and can’t find flowers listed. I can see where to order chocolate dipped strawberries, a birthday cake, a bucket of beers, and even playing cards…

But I can’t see flowers listed. 🤷‍♂️
As I said, no biggie, but if you’re looking for a mission…

Right I just went to the guest service desk and using my personaliser it got to a section where it says something special for someone. You have to put in name of passenger and your details, stateroom etc. we didn’t go further cos I didn’t know my aunties name lol. But it’s not the section with general gifts and bucket of beers etc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Right I just went to the guest service desk and using my personaliser it got to a section where it says something special for someone. You have to put in name of passenger and your details, stateroom etc. we didn’t go further cos I didn’t know my aunties name lol. But it’s not the section with general gifts and bucket of beers etc

I’ll take a screen shot. Mr guest service from Mexico assures me that it would be no problem to book for your cruise. Even said you could book them for this cruise and it’d be ok

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

aunty x cabin no ?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Have you tried those gross complimentary canapes yet?  The ones they bring to your cabin before dinner?

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Have you tried those gross complimentary canapes yet?  The ones they bring to your cabin before dinner?

They have only brought them on embarkation day for us. They were quite edible lol

4B8F686F-0F63-4E0D-A098-A6EF3710A121.jpeg

On 6/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, Ozwoody said:

I was considering one of these from Amazon.

Has anybody seen them, in the flesh so to speak.

Watch Band Medallian Holder.jpg

So as promised I am back to review the watch medallion holder mentioned above. It worked as advertised, the medallion fitted nicely without being loose, at no time was I worried it would slip out and at no point did it look like it would break. It is a little bit of a struggle if you have a thick metal watch strap but I attached it eventually. Happy I bought it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, dsch76 said:

So as promised I am back to review the watch medallion holder mentioned above. It worked as advertised, the medallion fitted nicely without being loose, at no time was I worried it would slip out and at no point did it look like it would break. It is a little bit of a struggle if you have a thick metal watch strap but I attached it eventually. Happy I bought it.

Good to know. The tags I ordered last month haven’t arrived yet, they were due last week. If they arrive this week, great, if not the would won’t end over it. 

32 minutes ago, dsch76 said:

Really appreciate your input, thank you.

I'll order one, they did seem to be the best alternative.🤗

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I’ll take a screen shot. Mr guest service from Mexico assures me that it would be no problem to book for your cruise. Even said you could book them for this cruise and it’d be ok

I’ve tried that but still can’t find flowers listed. 🤷‍♂️
I clicked on Buy a Guest a Gift. 

I put in Auntie's details. 
It gives me these options:

Onboard Credits

Food and Beverage Experiences

Photography

Princess Wine & Spirits 

Gifts from the Princess Shops

Celebration Packages

I've looked under all of them and can’t find flowers listed. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t stress over it, Irene. I’m not. 😁

If they have flowers on board I'll order some when I’m on the ship. If they don’t well then I won’t order them obviously. 

• Like 1