Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

We went almost 2 whole hours eating something!  I need to watch it!  We went to the Windjammer and I filled the plate with a combo we all usually eat for lunch.  Salmon,  Jimmy Beam BNQ, beef curry, etc.  Great view. 

20220514_122028.thumb.jpg.188632fc818c00f3a4064cade4d9dcbb.jpg

20220514_120052.thumb.jpg.5dd8d911d5fc8c7e6893c2515950fef4.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If you have reservations in the MDR can you bypass the line and just straight to the maî·tre stand?

I believe all that where in line had late time reservations.   I did see a few that were set to the side but not sure why.  I thought, but not sure, Mytime was on Deck 3.  I think they had it closed to all until they opened it up a few minutes before reservation time.  The line was long but moved quickly.   I am guessing it will be even quicker tonight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hadn't had anything to eat for almost an hour so we are inside and look what Sharon found!

20220514_100914.thumb.jpg.a9b2d97d69ab01b76947fcae33c7307d.jpg

I would of found it but I was pre occupied!

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

@Ozark_KidI found a duck last week too. I kept forgetting to look, and just by chance, found one by a cabin door, as I was doing deck laps. Mine didn’t have a fancy necklace though 😢

I found one last week on the Carnival Pride TA.  Gave it to my MDR waitress who was so sweet.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I am glad that at least you saw the humor in my daughter thinking more of a baby.  BTW, she has been fighting a kidney stone again.  Earlier today she sent us a pic showing she passed it!  So thankful. 

Thought it was hilarious. I'm so sorry she had to deal with a kidney stones. Those are the worst. Thank goodness she passed it. Mine had to be zapped by ultrasound. That stone gave me the worst pain I had ever felt.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Can you post a picture of the bath shower/ soap?  Sister in Law is sailing soon, and wondered if it was the same as here on Allure. Thanks. 

We are in an OVB this time. They call the soap 2 in 1.  Same soap for the hair and body.

20220514_145649.thumb.jpg.c0bc5b02194dc71e4c9b2d146c4f7d21.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thought it was hilarious. I'm so sorry she had to deal with a kidney stones. Those are the worst. Thank goodness she passed it. Mine had to be zapped by ultrasound. That stone gave me the worst pain I had ever felt.

I have lost count how many I have had.  Had to have a few removed but thankfully not blasted 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smartipantz said:

Hi Kid, Thanks so much for posting and answering questions for us!!  I'll be on this cruise June 3rd and really excited about it....especially after reading your posts.  If you can, can you post a shot of the entertainment schedule?  Thanks so much!!

20220514_143133.thumb.jpg.77fd33e029e199413c3b60cfd2b5af83.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will try to remember.   Not sure if I will be able to find it.  Right now we are sitting out I  the cold watching whales pop up.

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you are into seeing ocean activity,  sitting inside the 1st part of the Solarium on the ocean side is the place to be.  Perfect view, not crowded and the temperature is perfect. We have been seeing whale blows, fish splashing out, etc.  It comes and goes.  Maybe I will be quick enough to catch some action. 

The pools and hot tubs are filling up. 

I sure hope you get pictures of the whales and other sea life.  You always take and share such great pictures.  Enjoy!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

BTW, she has been fighting a kidney stone again.  Earlier today she sent us a pic showing she passed it!  So thankful. 

Oh, that poor kid!  I'm sorry to hear this about your daughter.☹️    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I sure hope you get pictures of the whales and other sea life.  You always take and share such great pictures.  Enjoy!!!!

We have been seeing whale 🐋 spouts and other movement but I have been to slow so far.  We are back at our Solarium spot but haven't seen any more movement.   Tomorrow we will go on a whale watching excursion.   I am hoping they bring us close to some.  Should ha e an opportunity to take some pics to share.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been seeing whale 🐋 spouts and other movement but I have been to slow so far.  We are back at our Solarium spot but haven't seen any more movement.   Tomorrow we will go on a whale watching excursion.   I am hoping they bring us close to some.  Should ha e an opportunity to take some pics to share.

Have a fun time tomorrow!  I bet they will bring you close!!🤞

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

You might remember when I tried to take a pic holding a Miami Vice in a hot tub.  Much easier while settling into a lounge chair. 

image.thumb.png.1dee855b4eabcf0bcf8ee52f735d73f4.png

Brain Freeze in a glass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 7:43 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

With 5.5 maps upload on cellular right now, here is a couple pics.

It would be nice to have a house on the hill.

20220513_143301.thumb.jpg.378c30fdfcbb9b0c18e06aa4524d0ddd.jpg

Pick of the OVB.

20220513_144035.thumb.jpg.0a4b3f1878ea446f3a7f0cf5e6039e21.jpg

And for my friends that like pics with their feet in it.

20220513_144307.thumb.jpg.a1cbbdfe876816396a2df9f85e9ce1a9.jpg

Long pants on a cruise. I don't think we are in the Caribbean any more Toto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When Sharon found the duck I remembered the pics of ducks you posted awhile back. Was it you that mentioned the deck out from the Windjammer? Great spot.  It,s blocking the wind and its sunny.  So nice. We walked out here after eating inside.

20220514_124142.thumb.jpg.db7681df1db34178e5b32793f6319a42.jpg

Yes, that was me.   This is a great area.   There should be a staircase to go up too.   Nice easy way out of WJ if weather permits.

Weather looks nice😃

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am totally sober and I am eating this!  Hey, it's 2 1/2 hours before MDR!  I feel obligated.   

20220514_172814.thumb.jpg.bb64794b3f039771cc282f80e38f736b.jpg

Do you have traditional late seating at the same table or My Time Dining?