Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@Ozark_KidI am enjoying your  live review sooooo much.  This is really getting me excited for next week!  Thank you!!!

Hopefully this will earn you a ship in your avatar.... it should! 😁

I am thankful so many are enjoying.   Extra special when the ones I have met on CC show up.  Thanks for following!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I keep forgetting to take a pic of the food.  We are in the MDR and it's going real good tonight.  This is Seafood Puffy Pastry.   I had to turn it around and angle so you didn't see where I started eating.   😆

20220516_203049.thumb.jpg.d6e705ea97bf912fb42c37505384ffc7.jpg

That looks like it would be very good!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That looks like it would be very good!

It is really good.  When I was ordering it sounded like he was trying to talk me out of it.  He kept saying,  do you like lobster?   Then, the sauce is strong.   I kept saying,  I love lobster 🦞.   It was not strong, just right.  It had about any seafood you can think of including thin salmon.  I have never ordered it before but it is now on the list.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember someone posting a moor was damaged in Sitka. We are at the pier but at 1pm the boat will move away and thereafter we tender back to the boat.

Do you have a RCL excursuion planned? We have a private excursion and will be interested in hearing if theres a shuttle & how long it takes to get to town.

I hope they get the moor repaired by August

Have a great day!

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Do you have a RCL excursuion planned? We have a private excursion and will be interested in hearing if theres a shuttle & how long it takes to get to town.

I hope they get the moor repaired by August

Have a great day!

We planned our on "excursion".  We are walking to the Nat'l Park to check out the totem poles, etc and the to the refuge center to see eagles and other.  Then walking downtown. 

If I understand correctly,  some excursions pick up at the pier.   The port authority provides free transportation into town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I just remembered we have a RCL excursion in Skagway so I won't worry about taking the bus from the ship but I hope we can catch the $5 bus to take us back to the ship.  When we were there 7 years ago I remember that long walk back to the ship from downtown.

the town web site has info on their bus: Skagway Municipal and Regional Transit SMART bus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are in Sitka now.  No cellular from the room for the first time and poor internet.   I have a lot more on Skagway to post but will catch up on it later 

I’m hoping the shuttles into town are getting better. Last week, the line was long, so I thought I would wait. Now, there were 2 ships in port, so that probably made it worse. I waited, but it got longer and longer, so I got off. Line was back to the ship and waited almost an hour to get on shuttle.

So for those on future sailings, if there is more than 1 ship in, don’t dally and get off when you can, if you don’t have excursions planned. I wanted to do the totem trail, and just didn’t have the time. Guess I will have to go again. 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I’m hoping the shuttles into town are getting better. Last week, the line was long, so I thought I would wait. Now, there were 2 ships in port, so that probably made it worse. I waited, but it got longer and longer, so I got off. Line was back to the ship and waited almost an hour to get on shuttle.

So for those on future sailings, if there is more than 1 ship in, don’t dally and get off when you can, if you don’t have excursions planned. I wanted to do the totem trail, and just didn’t have the time. Guess I will have to go again. 😉

We were able to walk right on and the bus took off in about 5 minutes.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TxStacey said:

Thank you so much for this live review!  I will be on Ovation for the June 10th sailing and can't wait!  I'm not looking forward to the cold/windy weather though 🙂

Being from Arkansas I understand not liking cold.  The only time it was too cold was in the strong wind at Skagway.   Right now in Sitka I have on a long t-shirt and a light jacket and I am comfortable......  oh ya, and jeans!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I Would recommend going to RC excursions room after boarding ro find out where you are picked up but I believe all is right off the pier. This was right off the pier where some were meeting.

image.thumb.png.ab6b0e7bb5fc22ded847098d29e62205.png

If not there keep going up following the signs. 

image.thumb.png.f1a30fdf12cd872cc19f1aff8bb18e72.png

image.thumb.png.65a59d5850ce737e88b6f2e286873668.png

image.thumb.png.16f6fb8f3e7fbd6ad104dcf1e7c3f8f6.png

There is a building at the top for tours

image.thumb.png.c4dacadb94c0502d9b00ce3290908e67.png

Some of the tour busses were up by the city busses.

image.thumb.png.88cc21fb46c3eeafbbc8b6557f4358ab.png

• Like 3