Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

We jumped on the monorail.   You can't lose your way.  There is only one stop. 

image.thumb.png.c94c6151bdb54741ce07d7be9d25dc1d.png

You are dropped of a few blocks from the Market Place.  Not a bad walk.

image.thumb.png.477aa4bd3adbf7bc0abfd20397014fc1.png

We are headed to the Aquarium.   We got there by taking a left at the Market. 

image.thumb.png.6432a8b28eeee6b50fa5ba259ca73bfd.png

We entered the Market and took an elevator down to PP1.  We could see were we were going before getting in.

image.thumb.png.9261f25397fd268b82cb32b9b4ec8d08.png

You walk through the parking floor and you can see the wheel.

• Like 6

We’re booked on the White Pass train tour in Skagway.  Do you, or anyone else, know if the transportation to the train picks up passengers at the pier?  How far is the walk from the ship? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iuki said:

We’re booked on the White Pass train tour in Skagway.  Do you, or anyone else, know if the transportation to the train picks up passengers at the pier?  How far is the walk from the ship? 

Peachpony - I researched on Google and discovered that the train tour is a 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal.  I guess I’ll double my pain medication and hopefully be able to walk the distance, unless they’ll let me park my scooter at the train station.  Hopefully that’ll be an option.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, iuki said:

Peachpony - I researched on Google and discovered that the train tour is a 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal.  I guess I’ll double my pain medication and hopefully be able to walk the distance, unless they’ll let me park my scooter at the train station.  Hopefully that’ll be an option.

Trip Advisor has posts that state if you’re booked through the cruise line let them know you need assistance with your scooter and the train does accommodate the disabled.  Big relief.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, iuki said:

Trip Advisor has posts that state if you’re booked through the cruise line let them know you need assistance with your scooter and the train does accommodate the disabled.  Big relief.

There are also little tram vehicles taking people from ship to end of the dock (and back) where the train meets. No charge, but there’s a tip box. Fits 7 if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Up at 3:30am.  We are now at the Airport at 4:50am.  So far flights are a go.  Plan to have this all caught up by the end of the day.  2 hour layover in Denver. 

No weather issues in Denver today. You should be fine. Safe travels home. Thanks for taking us all along with you this past week.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

No weather issues in Denver today. You should be fine. Safe travels home. Thanks for taking us all along with you this past week.

Thanks OB.  It's been a great trip but I am ready to be home.  I need a day where my longest walk is checking the tomatoes in the garden.

I am glad you enjoyed the adventure with us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think you missed the uber/Lyft  joke.

image.thumb.png.c65de7e5e44714ef6b631b68e068b2b1.png

If you zoom in you will see why it wasn't our Lyft. 😁

image.png.f10445080515ecaee600cb79c48f3281.png

Yes, it was a Rivian.  It looked nice.  Several electric cars around here.

I did miss that one.  Maybe the Rolls owner needs to make a few bucks with Lyft to pay off the car. 🤣

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I could watch an octopus for hours.  Such interesting creatures.

• Like 3

September is a great month for Alaska cruising.  Always warm as toast and smooth as glass seas.  Except for the Glacier days which are always chilly!  There people out on the boardwalk in Ketch in shorts/no shirt painting their shops and stuff.  I would always pick that month to cruise north.  On both no rocking hardly any waves at all anywhere.

Shorts weather.JPG

• Like 2