What Are Your Favorite Toppings On Pizza You Found On Board Sailing......

BklynBoy8

Never had it on a ship and am not sure that I could order it, but it is a local pizza company's Big Cheese Pizza.  Their basic Deluxe Pizza with an increased amount of cheese and a choice of black olives (Vic's preference) or with green olives (Mom Donesi's choice--Vic"s Mother-in-Law who helped him develop his company's menu and worked in their kitchen when the company began).  Delicious pizza, but, my cardiologist would disapprove me consuming this.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I thought so .It is the only topping I have ever eaten other than the conventional cheese pizza.

My DW shares your taste in pizza although she will sometimes be OK with onions and mushrooms.  I am more adventurous and will try all kinds of different combinations which DW argues is not even real Pizza.  When we went to Pizzaria da Michele, which is one of the older and more famous pizza places in Naples, Italy, we found it fascinating that they only served two kinds of pizza,  Margarita or Marinara.  When I asked them why they do not offer some toppings the response was that "this is only kind of pizza we have served for over 100 years."  Both locals and tourists line-up to get into this very plain restaurant where you sit crammed with other folks, get your drinks in a plastic cup, and realize that NYC has the best pizza in the world :).

Hnak

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

My DW shares your taste in pizza although she will sometimes be OK with onions and mushrooms.  I am more adventurous and will try all kinds of different combinations which DW argues is not even real Pizza.  When we went to Pizzaria da Michele, which is one of the older and more famous pizza places in Naples, Italy, we found it fascinating that they only served two kinds of pizza,  Margarita or Marinara.  When I asked them why they do not offer some toppings the response was that "this is only kind of pizza we have served for over 100 years."  Both locals and tourists line-up to get into this very plain restaurant where you sit crammed with other folks, get your drinks in a plastic cup, and realize that NYC has the best pizza in the world :).

Hnak

I have never been to Italy nor have I ever been to Europe .I have only eaten pizza in North America .I have lived in NY all my life and the best pizza I have eaten is in the state of NY.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been to Italy nor have I ever been to Europe .I have only eaten pizza in North America .I have lived in NY all my life and the best pizza I have eaten is in the state of NY.

I was born in NYC and DD and our grandsons live in NYC now.  DW actually taught school in NYC and we both have a lot of roots in the city and Brooklyn.  Unlike you, we have enjoyed pizza all over the world.  IMHO, the best pizza anywhere is found in NYC :).  We have had some decent pizza in Italy, but you just cannot beat NYC pizza (folks from Chicago will disagree).    Speaking of NYC, the city also has the best bagels and pastrami.  I guess we could also talk about egg creams but most here on CC would not have a clue :).

Hank

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I was born in NYC and DD and our grandsons live in NYC now.  DW actually taught school in NYC and we both have a lot of roots in the city and Brooklyn.  Unlike you, we have enjoyed pizza all over the world.  IMHO, the best pizza anywhere is found in NYC :).  We have had some decent pizza in Italy, but you just cannot beat NYC pizza (folks from Chicago will disagree).    Speaking of NYC, the city also has the best bagels and pastrami.  I guess we could also talk about egg creams but most here on CC would not have a clue :).

Hank

The history of Pizza in NYC is in the past the best Pizza Makers in Italy came over here to start a new life and opened pizzerias. Workers learned the skill and than opened their shops and the multiple shops continued to open.

Living in the part of Brooklyn where pizzerias are Supreme it's easy to find the greatest pies and ingredients from across the pond.  The commercial brands like names I don't want mention are to Brooklynites "Cardboard". Those names like D, PC, etc... would never be found in our hands.

You know you have authentic Pizza by just handling a slice which is thin thickness and point stand up when folded. No point hanging with the heaviness of the cheese and dripping oil..

Pizza is known as a all in one meal with all the food groups contained. Easy on the move......lol....

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I lived in Brooklyn till 2003 then I moved to Long Island.Both of my daughters are school teachers,one in Brooklyn and the other in LI.

One lives in Manhattan and the other in Long Island.

My wife and I worked in both Brooklyn and LI.

I loved egg creams .

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I lived in Brooklyn till 2003 then I moved to Long Island.Both of my daughters are school teachers,one in Brooklyn and the other in LI.

One lives in Manhattan and the other in Long Island.

My wife and I worked in both Brooklyn and LI.

I loved egg creams .

The ingredients are the important part of making the Egg Cream.

U Bet Chocolate Syrup made in Brooklyn, Whole Cold Milk, Freshest Seltzer, Clean Dry Glass. Vanilla Syrup also made by U Bet for Vanilla Egg Creams.

Stirring while adding the seltzer is very important to create the foam cap.

Just now, BklynBoy8 said:

U Bet Chocolate Syrup made in Brooklyn, Whole Cold Milk, Freshest Seltzer, Clean Dry Glass. Vanilla Syrup also made by U Bet for Vanilla Egg Creams.

Did you ever have Snaider’s Chocolate syrup ?I went to school with Bobby Snaider who was the envy of every kid because his family owned the company.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Did you ever have Snaider’s Chocolate syrup ?I went to school with Bobby Snaider who was the envy of every kid because his family owned the company.

Never.......

Many Ice Cream stores make their own syrups.

Edited by BklynBoy8

17 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Pizza is known as a all in one meal with all the food groups contained

😀     That is my justification when I order a pizza.  (Other than the fact it is good and I want it.)

17 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

You know you have authentic Pizza by just handling a slice which is thin thickness and point stand up when folded. No point hanging with the heaviness of the cheese and dripping oil.

The pizza restaurant that I mentioned previously cuts the pie into squares.  Much easier to eat as finger food.  I have a feeling that you would disapprove? 

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

IMHO, the best pizza anywhere is found in NYC :). 

When I dine in New York City, ordering a pizza does not even cross my mind.  Next trip, I need to change that.  

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

When I asked them why they do not offer some toppings the response was that "this is only kind of pizza we have served for over 100 years." 

If it's not broke, why fix it?  

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

My DW shares your taste in pizza although she will sometimes be OK with onions and mushrooms.  I am more adventurous and will try all kinds of different combinations which DW argues is not even real Pizza. 

I think I am in your DW's camp.  Some of these modern versions of "pizza" look like a pizza (due to its shape), but pineapple/ham, chicken/whatever ingredients, i.e.  Not what I want when I want a pizza!  

18 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

You know you have authentic Pizza by just handling a slice which is thin thickness and point stand up when folded. No point hanging with the heaviness of the cheese and dripping oil..

I was somewhere in Europe and standing next to a man who had folded a slice of pizza (with one hand) and was eating.  I immediately asked him  "where in NYC do you live?"  He looked at me in surprise and asked how I knew he lived in NYC (once he spoke a few words it was truly obvious :).  My response was, because of the way you folded your pizza!     By the way, in Italy most of the older pizza places do not slice their pizza.  You are supposed to eat it with knife and fork!  So folding is not practical :).

Hank

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

I was somewhere in Europe and standing next to a man who had folded a slice of pizza (with one hand) and was eating.  I immediately asked him  "where in NYC do you live?"  He looked at me in surprise and asked how I knew he lived in NYC (once he spoke a few words it was truly obvious :).  My response was, because of the way you folded your pizza!   

Hank

Was the man John Travolta.....lol.....Saturday Night Fever..... Tony Manero...but he folded two slices......

He was either a Brooklynite.... New Yorker (with an accent)......Brooklynites stand out so much.

We were on the QE2 TA in the Princess Grill Lounge and I was asked where I came from.

The European came out and asked "Is that the way you always talk"..... I said...."Yeh" with  a accent.....;lol...

10 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I was somewhere in Europe and standing next to a man who had folded a slice of pizza (with one hand) and was eating.  I immediately asked him  "where in NYC do you live?"  He looked at me in surprise and asked how I knew he lived in NYC (once he spoke a few words it was truly obvious :).  My response was, because of the way you folded your pizza!     By the way, in Italy most of the older pizza places do not slice their pizza.  You are supposed to eat it with knife and fork!  So folding is not practical :).

Hank

Can't stand knife and forker..... Only, Only if you are eating a Chicago Deep Dish Pie....Yes!

On 8/20/2022 at 11:28 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Why is it called Egg Cream if there is no egg?

On 8/21/2022 at 6:05 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Was the man John Travolta.....lol.....Saturday Night Fever..... Tony Manero...but he folded two slices......

He was either a Brooklynite.... New Yorker (with an accent)......Brooklynites stand out so much.

We were on the QE2 TA in the Princess Grill Lounge and I was asked where I came from.

The European came out and asked "Is that the way you always talk"..... I said...."Yeh" with  a accent.....;lol...

I am fluent in Brooklynese

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am fluent in Brooklynese

Surprising, many people that we meet us use the Brooklynite instead nese.....

Don't think they know -nese. New Yorker....... is a standard 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:31 AM, shipgeeks said:

Why is it called Egg Cream if there is no egg?

We are both waiting for an answer to your question.  

On 8/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, Hlitner said:

By the way, in Italy most of the older pizza places do not slice their pizza.  You are supposed to eat it with knife and fork!  So folding is not practical

I did not know that.  Now, I am thinking that the pizza restaurant on Royal Princess called Alfredo's did not slice the pizza and I ate it with knife and fork.  However it was served, it was darn good pizza.  

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I did not know that.  Now, I am thinking that the pizza restaurant on Royal Princess called Alfredo's did not slice the pizza and I ate it with knife and fork.  However it was served, it was darn good pizza.  

If you did that in Brooklyn...you would be taken for a ride....."But Don't Forget To Take The Canoli's"....lol...

• Haha 1