One individual in 2 cabins

Kay107

Looking to book a suite for couple and adult son but would also like to book an additional inside cabin for the adult son to get some alone time if needed. Anyone know if it is permitted for one person to be booked into 2 cabins?

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Why wouldn't you just book someone in the room.  They don't care who actually sleeps where, just ask for multiple keys when you board.  Plus you'd get double the perks.

If the son books an inside room, he can still visit his parents in the suite at anytime, but cannot enjoy the suite benefits (e.g. dine at the suite restaurant).

NCL may be able to provide an additional card as key only but will not load any perks inside (since the dummy name does not really embark so it will not receive the perks).

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

2 hours ago, Kay107 said:

Anyone know if it is permitted for one person to be booked into 2 cabins?

I think NCL does not allow the same name to appear on 2 bookings of the same cruise. They will quickly discover it and remind you to cancel either one booking / change the name.

Assume a UK booking

One thing to consider is free at sea and the drinks package as well as the perks.

If one of 3 is not a drinker then having that person in the inside without free at sea saves a bit of money.

you can then shuffle the sleeping later.

If the ship has the 2bed suites that may be an option.

Is the suite a Haven one that can complicate.

5 hours ago, Kay107 said:

Looking to book a suite for couple and adult son but would also like to book an additional inside cabin for the adult son to get some alone time if needed. Anyone know if it is permitted for one person to be booked into 2 cabins?

Booked into two rooms implies that he's paying two fares.  Even if it's permitted, it's probably not what you want.  Or you could get him a keycard for your room, but then he wouldn't have any of the perks.

A 2 br suite would be a good solution, as would simply ensuring that everyone has sufficient "me" time during your cruise.  I've traveled with friends and family and it works a lot better when we're not always tied at the hip.

5 hours ago, Kay107 said:

I posted the same question last week.  Since then, I was able to confirm that at one time NCL did allow this.    In our case, we have a two-bedroom Haven booked for four adults (two being our young adult children).   My father might be joining us and he would book a regular balcony cabin.   I would then try to add him to our cabin so he can eat meals with us when we dine in the Haven.  In my situation, NCL would not be losing any money as they get the additional booking of a balcony cabin (which would be a premium as only one passenger would be in it) and the additional DSC.  

I think that the fact you are trying to include another person in a suite stateroom (to partake of suite amenities), the individual will be sleeping in a regular balcony room may be difficult for you to swing. It may be possible with the help of a very savvy travel agent. I get what you want to do, but I think the cruise lines don't want folks to do 'work arounds' when it comes to suites-in-name-only and suite amenities.

As someone who has checked-in cruise passengers, I had a situation where a couple booked a balcony room and a interior room across the hall.  One of the couple was in a wheelchair and the idea was to use the interior room as storage for medical equipment.  The couple was listed together in the balcony, and the husband was also listed as being in the interior room.  The problem was his passport could not be scanned/swiped twice for two different rooms.  None of us at check-in could make it work.  Finally, a member of the ship's hotel team came off the ship to the check-in counter, went into a more advanced check-in system program and made it work.

I appreciate your desire for a very nice family cruise, and keeping the group together for meals.  Good luck.

i  believe it can be done, but if you book a cabin for 1, ncl will almost double the price, and i dont t hink their booking system will allow someones name to appear on two bookings.

the 2 bedroom will work nicely if its within  your price range.  one of  my close friends just joined us on the jade. prior to sailing, i advised her that the 2nd room was small, but she would get all the amenities that came with a 2 bedroom.  she was fine. we all shared the rest of the suite, and she had her alone time.  she also enjoyed the haven pool area.

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I think that the fact you are trying to include another person in a suite stateroom (to partake of suite amenities), the individual will be sleeping in a regular balcony room may be difficult for you to swing. It may be possible with the help of a very savvy travel agent. I get what you want to do, but I think the cruise lines don't want folks to do 'work arounds' when it comes to suites-in-name-only and suite amenities.

As someone who has checked-in cruise passengers, I had a situation where a couple booked a balcony room and a interior room across the hall.  One of the couple was in a wheelchair and the idea was to use the interior room as storage for medical equipment.  The couple was listed together in the balcony, and the husband was also listed as being in the interior room.  The problem was his passport could not be scanned/swiped twice for two different rooms.  None of us at check-in could make it work.  Finally, a member of the ship's hotel team came off the ship to the check-in counter, went into a more advanced check-in system program and made it work.

I appreciate your desire for a very nice family cruise, and keeping the group together for meals.  Good luck.

Thank you.  I do have someone helping me at NCL and they acknowledge we would be actually paying both the $783 (plus $140 DSC) for the additional 5th passenger plus $2264 (plus DSC) for the regular balcony cabin.    

Thank you for all responses. Would have been happy to pay the full fare for the inside cabin AND the 3rd person fare for the suite, just to ensure we can board and eat together. 2nd bedroom in the 2 bed suite would really be too small for him.

2 hours ago, Kay107 said:

Thank you for all responses. Would have been happy to pay the full fare for the inside cabin AND the 3rd person fare for the suite, just to ensure we can board and eat together. 2nd bedroom in the 2 bed suite would really be too small for him.

See if you can find a *good* travel agent who can work directly with NCL about this.

As long as you are willing to pay "the appropriate fare" for BOTH locations (extra passenger in the suite AND extra cabin), it can be done, even if most don't understand how to do it.

Others have occasionally reported arranging this.

What will not work (and should not!) is to have someone who is not listed in (and not paying for) suite accommodations to get added somehow to join in those suite perks that others in their family/group have.  It's one thing to visit someone else within their suite if one is not paying for suite accommodations, but that does not mean the guest gets the suite perks, be they special dining areas or, for Haven suites, Haven access.

[Note:  I don't know how this works if you are in the UK.  Our experience, including with a previous NCL PCC, is only with USA reservations.]

GC

52 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

See if you can find a *good* travel agent who can work directly with NCL about this.

As long as you are willing to pay "the appropriate fare" for BOTH locations (extra passenger in the suite AND extra cabin), it can be done, even if most don't understand how to do it.

Others have occasionally reported arranging this.

What will not work (and should not!) is to have someone who is not listed in (and not paying for) suite accommodations to get added somehow to join in those suite perks that others in their family/group have.  It's one thing to visit someone else within their suite if one is not paying for suite accommodations, but that does not mean the guest gets the suite perks, be they special dining areas or, for Haven suites, Haven access.

[Note:  I don't know how this works if you are in the UK.  Our experience, including with a previous NCL PCC, is only with USA reservations.]

GC

Thank you very much for your post and  information.    Yes, as I mentioned, we want to pay both fees--the 5th person in our Haven cabin and the regular balcony cabin.   Our cruise is not until March 2023 so I feel I have time on my side to get it to work.