Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

What is the point?

To me, Saint Greg's adventures and ensuing cruise threads here on CruiseCritic are always a mix of interesting, informative, fun and sometimes just silly.  I see us achieving two of the four finding creative ways to get from 99 to 100.  God knows there was plenty of meat and potatoes along the way.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

To me, Saint Greg's adventures and ensuing cruise threads here on CruiseCritic are always a mix of interesting, informative, fun and sometimes just silly.  I see us achieving two of the four finding creative ways to get from 99 to 100.  God knows there was plenty of meat and potatoes along the way.

New York planning is well underway. It’s going to be pretty crazy.

• Like 8

On 5/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, Saint Greg said:

66D92CB6-F288-459A-B82A-E5289959480B.jpeg

On 5/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, purpleally said:

I hope those two drinks aren’t counted in the 15 limit, otherwise, what’s the point?

It's a good question. I don't think they're supposed to allow you to go over 15 so just like the VIFP free drink on the last night thing, this is pretty much useless for someone who bought cheers. Now if they would allow you to use it the first day it would be helpful out of Galveston where there is no cheers the first night. But Carnival is really good at giving you things they know a large number of people are not going to use.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, kdr69 said:

you can try and download the eDeclaration App and do it on your phone not sure how your wifi is.  I dont use the paper form anymore.

They (the ship) definitely wanted to collect the paper copy from everyone on the ship before we got to Canada. They made Stewart responsible for making sure they collected them from everyone their section who didn't turn it in by a certain day.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It's a good question. I don't think they're supposed to allow you to go over 15 so just like the VIFP free drink on the last night thing, this is pretty much useless for someone who bought cheers. Now if they would allow you to use it the first day it would be helpful out of Galveston where there is no cheers the first night. But Carnival is really good at giving you things they know a large number of people are not going to use.

We used our two free in drinks in place of the party on the first night from Galveston and found it to be very helpful.  

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 10:55 PM, Saint Greg said:

I found the smoking area. I’m standing in it

F03ED9CC-F3AE-486F-BC9B-46BF466B42DB.jpeg

On 5/28/2022 at 8:18 AM, dbrucern said:

So you have to go outside and stand in the cold? I'm not telling our friends that are cruising with us.

Of course not. They have chairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, blarko said:

I can’t believe that’s even an option. It must cost a fortune, especially with the price of gas right now.

April 1 going to FLL one day early, flights were getting cancelled left and right for weather.  It took us 12 hours with an unscheduled stop in Dulles, Washington DC to go from Newark to FLL.  

We heard of a couple that was stranded in Baltimore.  No flights to reschedule that would get them to the cruise on time and no car rentals available.  Yup.  Uber from Baltimore to FLL.  Approx. $2,000.  I wondered if they shared the driving duties.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:23 AM, Saint Greg said:

F45054C7-230A-4502-9F5D-66CD95B5738C.jpeg

71D86C31-8D68-423C-8319-B1AAFC311A6C.jpeg

something I totally missed on my trip that I just realized. The building in the center here is climate pledge arena where NHL's Seattle Kraken play...and where the former NBA team the Seattle Super Sonics used to play. I actually walked right past it when I went to Dick's. I thought I took a picture of it but I didn't. It really doesn't look very big. I just thought it was used for concerts or something. I wonder where people park...

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

something I totally missed on my trip that I just realized. The building in the center here is climate pledge arena where NHL's Seattle Kraken play...and where the former NBA team the Seattle Super Sonics used to play. I actually walked right past it when I went to Dick's. I thought I took a picture of it but I didn't. It really doesn't look very big. I just thought it was used for concerts or something. I wonder where people park...

I did wonder if you had seen it anywhere in your travels! 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m sorry who?! Oh the OLD Thunder. Got it. 

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m sorry who?! Oh the OLD Thunder. Got it. 

Not a big fan of the team moving thing. The vultures were after the New Orleans teams after Katrina and it was pretty disgusting.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 2:08 PM, dmet0225 said:

I’ve bowled in leagues for over 45 years, and not did I ever think, “ya know, I think I’ll toss my old bowling balls in the yard or hang them off the roof for some decoration.”

Yes, I’m going back to this bowling topic to brag for a moment, so please indulge me.   Tonight I bowled my 5th lifetime sanctioned 300 game.  It’s been just over 5 years since my last 300, and was beginning to think I’d ever get another one.  Of course, this damn virus put a pause on bowling during my 5 year 300 game drought, but nonetheless, I got the 5th.  

I don’t think my heart can take much more of the pressure of bowling a 300.  

Edited by dmet0225
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...