Disembarkation in Southampton

Aulanis

Here's an easy question but only if you know the answer 🙂

Disembarkation  on on our cruise last week was  pretty good for us.  This was 
in Southampton UK. We had to catch a train to Manchester around noon so
we were not affected by a half  hour behind schedule announcement.
For our next cruise we would prefer to catch an earlier train  which if
a similar delay kicks in might make it a bit difficult.

So back to the question-  First item on the  list of groups is Walk Off   - Time 7.15am
That is far too early for us ,we need a decent breakfast for the 5/6hour journey home.
When it says Walk Off  7.15am,  is that just the earliest you can walk off,  does it mean
we have to go at 7.15 or can we ask for that ( so we take our own luggage) but just 
walk off at say 8.15am.

When they were calling the groups they did seem to backtrack and say
e.g  " Now calling groups Gold3 and Pink1  that means there should be no-one
left in Green  Purple Yellow & Black  and if there are you should be leaving now."   

Sorry pic is a bit blurred  but will give the general idea.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b70fb1d4b0775f762dd10b50614784.jpeg

Depends whether you have the front to do it and can ignore potential open hostility. 😀

You'd make yourselves very unpopular if you carried your luggage off when the bulk of passengers are disembarking - corridors, queue for lifts, gangway & such.

Not chastising - just saying 😉

JB 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, John Bull said:

Depends whether you have the front to do it

Not normally but  with a 5/6 hour train journey ahead of us  I might 🙂

6 hours ago, windsor26 said:

and then you can go any time after they call that time

Yes, that might work but as I said , on our cruise last week  the calling of the groups

closed down for a period  so I dont know  if they would even let walk offs ,walk off or

people from earlier groups leave.   Reason for holdup was just given as congestion

Thankyou both for your replies  I have sent the query to Princess  but  we may have to get our train tickets

before they reply. 😞

I'm not sure I could handle the worry of trying to make my way off with luggage after the time allocated- we always go with the 7 or 7.30 self disembarkation.

We make do with a drink and slice of toast, and catch the 8.15-ish train North, and hope that we can find food at the 20 minute changeover at Wolverhampton- there's a buffet on the platform, and the Glasgow train has always (so far!) left from the same platform.

If all's well, there will be a buffet on board this next train, because there's not always time at Lancaster before we catch the slow, every station stopping train up the coast... 😄

It's a problem, I agree.

Hi @jocap   thanks  - we had shaken off the  idea of the  walk off  and have asked princess

about  booking first self arrangements and going a bit later.

WE were aiming for the 10. 15 train as we dont  have as far or as slow to go as you.

However if you look at the avanti site   its not going to be easy whatever

image.thumb.png.72f04d032024f5c5e3c2175c18b71824.png

and July is the same    May see if evesway  coaches have any seats left.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-works?year=2022&month=6

Where are you from?  I  am from Cockermouth and  DW  is from Frizington but we have been down here

for 40 odd years 

Can only answer from PandO cruises - self disembarkation starts at 7.15 and finishes at 8am normally, not arrived late etc. The first off slots are usually for suites then they work their way down the loyalty levels and cabin grades I believe. Not sure what happens if you miss the 8am end time.. 

22 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hi @jocap   thanks  - we had shaken off the  idea of the  walk off  and have asked princess

about  booking first self arrangements and going a bit later.

WE were aiming for the 10. 15 train as we dont  have as far or as slow to go as you.

However if you look at the avanti site   its not going to be easy whatever

image.thumb.png.72f04d032024f5c5e3c2175c18b71824.png

and July is the same    May see if evesway  coaches have any seats left.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-works?year=2022&month=6

Where are you from?  I  am from Cockermouth and  DW  is from Frizington but we have been down here

for 40 odd years 

We're from Seascale/Gosforth area. We've used Eavesway before, but had to go either to Carlisle or Lancaster, so it didn't solve the problem! We enjoy the coach travel, though. 🙂

• 3 months later...

If you fill in the appropriate form requesting a disembarkation time which might be a computer smart phone system these days, but get issued with late colour labels just take them to reception for exchange.  This is not widely advertised but you just tell them you want xxxx colour because your onward transport arrangements are scheduled early and what you have been allocated will not work. They then hand you the suitable colour labels to put on your cases. Obviously do this immediately you get your labels to do the exchange.

Regards John

• Haha 2

Hi John

Yes  I had discovered that whilst on board ;my original query was for a cruise back in june.

AS it happens it was hilarious  it was on a fated Sky cruise that left soton with one generator not working so could not  reach full speed.  We were late getting to the first port.  Another port they changed the route making us late as they discovered the ship was Too Big to follow the planned route.

To crown it all the return date was the day of the annual regatta in Soton.  To get into port we had to be there by 5am or after 11am.  Not sure why but we didnt leave Bergen any earlier and being unable

to reach top speed failed to get home by 5am so any plans for debarking earlier were up /down the Swanny.

Whilst we were off and missed it the Fire alarm was set off in the luggage collection area causing

further delays.   Fortunately for us {Really} it was also the day of a major rail strike so we could get

any train on any company going vaguely in the direction of home.

• Like 1