Can you arrive earlier then embarkation time on ticket? We are set for 5pm but hotel check out is 11am

elliotmz

Hi Everyone,

I spent some time searching and was not able to get a really clear recent answer on if you can arrive and board earlier then the embarkation time listed on your ticket for yacht club? We are flying down the day before and have 3 kids with us and was hoping to head over to port right after checking out of the hotel instead of trying to find something to for 5 hours with all of our luggage. 

Any recent experiences out there?

30 minutes ago, elliotmz said:

Hi Everyone,

I spent some time searching and was not able to get a really clear recent answer on if you can arrive and board earlier then the embarkation time listed on your ticket for yacht club? We are flying down the day before and have 3 kids with us and was hoping to head over to port right after checking out of the hotel instead of trying to find something to for 5 hours with all of our luggage. 

I'm assuming you are sailing from Florida (Cape Canaveral or Miami).  Just show up at the YC tent anytime you want after 10 or so.  They have not asked to see embarkation time documentation, and it is quite likely you will be given updates before your sailing with different times.  We were originally given a check-in time of 1:00, then changed to 2:00, and finally told 11:00 on our final ticketing.

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

I'm assuming you are sailing from Florida (Cape Canaveral or Miami).  Just show up at the YC tent anytime you want after 10 or so.  They have not asked to see embarkation time documentation, and it is quite likely you will be given updates before your sailing with different times.  We were originally given a check-in time of 1:00, then changed to 2:00, and finally told 11:00 on our final ticketing.

Thank you! I appreciate the insight!

23 hours ago, JAGR said:

Is the OP sailing in the Yacht Club?

On 5/16/2022 at 8:54 AM, elliotmz said:

Hi Everyone,

Were you able to get a YC room for five?

On 5/16/2022 at 2:54 PM, elliotmz said:

Hi Everyone,

Get a taxi straight from hotel to ship, for YC you board at a time suitable to you...ignore any time listed on your ticket, and enjoy!

On 5/17/2022 at 10:59 AM, dexddd said:

Were you able to get a YC room for five?

Yep! Its a Grand suite and it sleeps 5 for YC on MSC Seascape. I am trying to get it upgraded to an Owners Suite which also sleeps 5 but have not heard back yet.