Anyone booking any of the Queen Anne sailings today ?

Host Hattie

6 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We decided not to go either but it looks as if you and I are in the minority. I'm extremely glad for Cunard and very glad for any CC  members who managed a booking.

We will look at cruises on QA later in the summer when they are released and if they are still as expensive as the current ones then I think its time we had a change and look elsewhere. Pleased to hear one of the bosses of Celebrity say they will be sailing from Southampton in 2024 so might take a look at them or for the first time in many years not take a cruise in summer but go to our beloved Austria.

The Cunard US website is applying the past passenger discount after I supply my CWC number on the "Guest information" page. As I mentioned earlier, it appears to be accepting bookings today for those without CWC numbers but then naturally the past passenger discount is not applied. Those of you in the UK who have the login functionality on the Cunard UK website might be seeing the past passenger discount applied earlier in the booking process.

And -- WOW! -- the prices for solo travel on all of the voyages I have looked at so far a sky high. And the fact that a new ship is not offering SOLO specific cabins is showing Cunard is really not following with the times. For a ship this size, and the fact that I am paying top dollar for drinks and top dollar for accommodations, means that I may just have to change who I am sailing with!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We had every intention to book QA Maiden but changed our minds when I  found out it was only 7nts with 1 port of call.

I know it will be winter, but it would have been nice to bring her out with an "around Britain" cruise and show her off properly. But I guess they figure any maiden voyage will sell just because it's a maiden.

Booked the maiden today.

We received one of the marketing packs (the card ones in a box) the other day which converted me from not wanting to do it, to booking it. Good investment from Cunard if it had the same effect on others!

Fortunately my daughter will just be under 2 when we sail, so she was free. Unfortunately the only balcony cabin I could get was forward, but I was happy to take whatever (you’re limited in choice if you need one for 3 pax). Will be on early dining (due to wrangling a very nearly 2 year old) but hoping to try the Indian restaurant on board.

Never done a maiden voyage and I suspect it will be a while until the next one as other posters have said, so I’m happy I booked it, even if it’s the Bay of Biscay in January!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ynox said:

Booked the maiden today.

We received one of the marketing packs (the card ones in a box) the other day which converted me from not wanting to do it, to booking it. Good investment from Cunard if it had the same effect on others!

Fortunately my daughter will just be under 2 when we sail, so she was free. Unfortunately the only balcony cabin I could get was forward, but I was happy to take whatever (you’re limited in choice if you need one for 3 pax). Will be on early dining (due to wrangling a very nearly 2 year old) but hoping to try the Indian restaurant on board.

Never done a maiden voyage and I suspect it will be a while until the next one as other posters have said, so I’m happy I booked it, even if it’s the Bay of Biscay in January!

Such good news for you and LOVE the wrangling term for a two year old.

Why Mummy... Why Daddy...  Why?

Enjoy the Indian night.  In fact, enjoy the whole experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Is it too early to start the roll calls? 🤣

Well done! Given your history with Cunard, it is certainly most appropriate that you would be the one to "christen" the Queen Anne roll call section by creating one for the maiden voyage. Best wishes to you and everyone else who will be sailing on the maiden voyage.

• Like 3

My superb agent held some bookings for me but as I am now generally allergic to airports; I will wait until Queen Anne calls here in New York . I was on the Maiden crossings of QV and QE from UK to NYC. Lots of very heavy weather-wonderful!!!! I wish I had been on QM2’s Maiden to New York-but couldn’t manage it-DRAT.

I hope all of you who are now booked on Queen Anne-have a BON VOYAGE!! 

• Like 2

Eight of us booked the maiden voyage.  If took my Mother two hours on hold to get through after making the call at 1pm.

I was unfortunately in a meeting all afternoon so I kept checking the website covertly to see if rooms were still available.  I then had the booking confirmation email show on my watch and let out a “yes!” It stopped the meeting, everyone looked at me and I had to explain my outburst.  (Everyone had a laugh and were good about it.)

Fingers crossed I get on this one as my last cruise was cancelled the day before sailing as my husband came down with covid and the rest of the family came down with it a few days later…….

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Queen Anne's maiden voyage now showing as "sold out" less than 12 hours after it first went on sale.

It said that several times yesterday as well. Areas of the ship or decks would be 'sold out' one minute but become available the next. At least twice when I was trying to book the entire ship in all grades became 'sold out' for a few minutes.

I also wonder if there was only a certain allocation available for WC bookings and more cabins will become available today. (probably the one we were trying to book, but wasn't available yesterday)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It said that several times yesterday as well. Areas of the ship or decks would be 'sold out' one minute but become available the next. At least twice when I was trying to book the entire ship in all grades became 'sold out' for a few minutes.

I also wonder if there was only a certain allocation available for WC bookings and more cabins will become available today. (probably the one we were trying to book, but wasn't available yesterday)

I haven't seen any availability on the maiden voyage today on the Cunard website. I jumped on at exactly 7:00am my time (1pm UK time) and it's remained "sold out" whenever I've spot checked availability since.

I think one thing contributing to availability disappearing and reappearing yesterday is the way the Cunard website places a hold on the cabin that's automatically selected for you when you start a booking just to see what's available. I've never timed exactly how long that hold remains in place but it seems to be somewhere around 30 minutes. You'd think the website would be smart enough to release holds like those when you back out of the booking process but it doesn't.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I think one thing contributing to availability disappearing and reappearing yesterday is the way the Cunard website places a hold on the cabin that's automatically selected for you when you start a booking just to see what's available. I've never timed exactly how long that hold remains in place but it seems to be somewhere around 30 minutes. You'd think the website would be smart enough to release holds like those when you back out of the booking process but it doesn't.

It looks like I have to retract this statement!

I went to time how long the Cunard US website keeps a hold on a cabin even after I back out of the booking process only to find out it is now releasing that hold as soon as I back out. That's a useful improvement (or else bad recollection on my part about how it has worked in the past).

If I simply close the browser page during the booking process it looks like the hold on the cabin is released after 15 minutes.

Due to travel yesterday, I didn’t even look until today.  We will be going on the QA Fort Lauderdale to FortLauderdale Caribbean cruise in February 2024.

Some notes—I have to say the pricing was a shocker…we like Princess Grilles and the price really has jumped, with very little OBC!  The fare price is about 40% more “per day” than when we cruised in 2018 and 2019, and we had tons of OBC on that cruise. Another noticeable difference is the deposit is much larger than it was previously.  I guess Cunard cruise lines need to refill their coffers…

Despite the pricing, we will not have to fly or ship the big luggage which saves a lot of money for us, so we decided to enjoy the new ship closer to home.

We are really looking forward to the cruise, wondering how much we will like the ship….we love QE, not so much QM, and all our cruises we had planned on QV were victims of Covid, so it will be fun to try another Cunard ship!

12 hours ago, njpln said:

Due to travel yesterday, I didn’t even look until today.  We will be going on the QA Fort Lauderdale to FortLauderdale Caribbean cruise in February 2024.

Some notes—I have to say the pricing was a shocker…we like Princess Grilles and the price really has jumped, with very little OBC!  The fare price is about 40% more “per day” than when we cruised in 2018 and 2019, and we had tons of OBC on that cruise. Another noticeable difference is the deposit is much larger than it was previously.  I guess Cunard cruise lines need to refill their coffers…

Despite the pricing, we will not have to fly or ship the big luggage which saves a lot of money for us, so we decided to enjoy the new ship closer to home.

We are really looking forward to the cruise, wondering how much we will like the ship….we love QE, not so much QM, and all our cruises we had planned on QV were victims of Covid, so it will be fun to try another Cunard ship!

I booked that one, too. Compared to other QA voyages that one has the highest per diems. And yes, it's a lot more than my previous Caribbean cruises. The high deposit surprised me, too. But there was no "reduced deposit" promotion, and I've been spoiled by them in recent years.

I finally took the plunge and booked the Queen Anne 13-night Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this morning.

Who has booked any of the new voyages for the other ships that went on sale today? That includes the QM2 and QV 2024 World Voyages.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I finally took the plunge and booked the Queen Anne 13-night Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this morning.

Who has booked any of the new voyages for the other ships that went on sale today? That includes the QM2 and QV 2024 World Voyages.

Congratulations on your booking.

We’ve been thinking about another trip down under so we’ve booked the Cunard ferry from Auckland to Sydney for Feb ‘24 and we’ll build the rest of the trip around those dates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Usual problem.

The cabins we want are sold out, except they're not as they're available on longer portions of the cruise, but we can't select our cabin on those. As we like specific cabins,  we can wait and if we end up not booking anything on the W.C., it's not the end of the world.  🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Queen Anne's maiden voyage is back on sale today. There is plenty of availability in all cabin categories from Inside through Princess Grill. So much for my earlier observation that the maiden voyage was sold out within 12 hours!

5 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Queen Anne's maiden voyage is back on sale today. There is plenty of availability in all cabin categories from Inside through Princess Grill. So much for my earlier observation that the maiden voyage was sold out within 12 hours!

Apparently they have released more cabins to what were originally on offer