Regal Cabin M106

CozGurl

I finally booked the cruise I've been looking at for a while. This will be our first Princess cruise and we were assigned cabin M106 on the Regal. This is a forward facing balcony with the metal railing instead of glass. I can't find many pics of it online but from what I've seen it is a bit different layout than a regular mini suite. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one like it that can give me an idea of what it is like? Will I be able to see at all with that metal railing when sitting down? Is the room smaller with the layout? 

Thanks

We were in  Lido 103. The cabin was great. The balcony is HUGE!!! You will NOT be able to see anything when sitting down on the balcony... No way!  You will need to stand up to see out. This is the downside to these cabins. You will also be required to keep the drapes closed all night due to lighting affecting the Bridge. However, you can still use the balcony.

3 hours ago, CozGurl said:

I finally booked the cruise I've been looking at for a while. This will be our first Princess cruise and we were assigned cabin M106 on the Regal. This is a forward facing balcony with the metal railing instead of glass. I can't find many pics of it online but from what I've seen it is a bit different layout than a regular mini suite. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one like it that can give me an idea of what it is like? Will I be able to see at all with that metal railing when sitting down? Is the room smaller with the layout? 

Thanks

Actually , if you go to YouTube you can find a video of this type of mini suite.  Very different from the standard mini.  I prefer the standard, but some people like the layout.  Balcony is large, but you cannot see anything except the metal wall in front of you while seated.  We’ve sailed many times in the deluxe balconies forward on Lido deck and love them!

4 hours ago, CozGurl said:

Thanks

You really can't find many pics or videos online? 

Google Regal Princess M106 and voila, of videos and photos popped right up. Literally first thing to come up is this video:

And here's Majestic M106, the very next video, which is exact same cabin:

And photo:

image.thumb.png.1abcc02d227ced8e939d6d63571a8a6d.png

And so forth. Hope that helps 

The only draw back for me with that cabin would be, metal rail can't see ocean while sitting.  Would it be windy when the ship is on the way?  Long walk to most dining areas.  How much ship motion would you feel.

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

The only draw back for me with that cabin would be, metal rail can't see ocean while sitting.  Would it be windy when the ship is on the way?  Long walk to most dining areas.  How much ship motion would you feel.

I was in M106 last month on the Discovery.  We were able to use the balcony every day but 1 and we were on for 14 days.  I felt no movement.  Yes, you have to stand to see much but the balcony was amazing.  Since standing is the norm for these cabin's we had a lot of great conversations with the people to the side and above.   The mini is definitely more squat than other mini's but it was fine.  It's a longer walk to the dining rooms but just one short flight up to the pool and pizza/burger place on Lido.  I'm in this cabin again in November for a cruise to Hawaii and then L105 for Alaska next year.  

15 minutes ago, CozGurl said:

I saw a pick with a chair and ottoman. Do/will they put a lounge chair there?

Thanks for all of the help. I think we'll keep it. 

I don't know but you don't really need it as the chair reclines like a lounge chair.  

We had M108 next door to M106 on the Regal.   There is no lounge chair.  We asked for one and

our steward kindly brought us one.  We rarely used it so I dont think its necessary.   The wind can be strong but the views are incredible in and out of ports.  We did not like that we had to stand to see the water.  This was the only drawback for us. Our traveling companions had L106  which would be identical to M106.  They loved the cabin,  however also did not like that they could not see the water

while sitting on the balcony.  We loved the location because its close to the sanctuary and thats 

where we spend a lot of our time on sea days.   Hope it works out for you!  enjoy!