The Daily for Wednesday 05/18/2022

richwmn

Today is International Museum Day, No Dirty Dishes Day, and Visit Your Relatives Day

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - chicken peaches
Drink of the Day - Derby Fizz
Wine of the Day - La Fontana Albarifio, Spain JS90°
Destination of the Day - Tolanaro, Madagascar

Ships With Passengers

At Sea

Rotterdam   Destination Kiel, Germany

Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 17:00

Glacier Bay, Alaska

Koningsdam   07:00 - 16:00

Juneau, Alaska

Noordam   10:00 - 22:00

Kefalonia Island, Argostoli-Fiskardo, Greece

Oosterdam   10:00 - 18:00

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska

Eurodam   08:00 - 17:00

Skagway, Alaska

Nieuw Amsterdam   07:00 - 21:00

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada

Zaandam   10:00 - 18:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 16:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Long Beach, CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0318World.thumb.png.a716e16de3533dd6a82a0c7f93658c2c.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

This is the nicest thread on CC.🙂

I enjoy visiting museums.  No dirty dishes?  Not sure how I could do that.  I like visiting some relatives.

I like the quote, but I don't always live that way.  I sometimes go over things in my head and can't seem to "let it go". 

Looking forward to reading about the meal.  Hope the drink and wine are good.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Three great days to celebrate.  I love the Emerson quote.  Have not been to Madagascar.  The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chunky Jicama and Mango Salad, Rustic Home Made Lasagna, and Birthday cake (not mine) as served on MS Veendam May 18, 2016.

Today’s care list:

oceansaway17
smitty34877 DB with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
From the rotation:
Ukraine
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Great River Cruise for NextOne
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
3 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
4 days Atexsix( Discovery Princess May 22-29)
4 days kochleffel( NCL Jade May 22-29)
Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 5/22) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 10

It is 11.45am 66°F and sunny here at the beach.

We called at a local garden centre then had a picnic here at the beach.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Most of our relatives have passed but we used to call daily at Pauline's mam and dad's and my mam and dad's.

We like to visit museums and especially Titanic museums in Belfast, Southampton and Orlando.

We have a dishwasher machine and use it daily.

Interesting quote.

Not sure about the drink and curious what chicken peaches are.

Never been to Madagascar so like every day I look forward to seeing wonderful photos.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

IMG_20220518_105621.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Three great days to celebrate.  I love the Emerson quote.  Have not been to Madagascar.  The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chunky Jicama and Mango Salad, Rustic Home Made Lasagna, and Birthday cake (not mine) as served on MS Veendam May 18, 2016.

Today’s care list:

oceansaway17
smitty34877 DB with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
From the rotation:
Ukraine
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Great River Cruise for NextOne
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
3 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
4 days Atexsix( Discovery Princess May 22-29)
4 days kochleffel( NCL Jade May 22-29)
Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 5/22) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Nice to see so many celebrations.

We try and get away for a few days every month.

A Friend on RC her son in law aged 41 died suddenly yesterday of a cardiac arrest and it brings it home to you that we should enjoy and make the most of every day.

Graham.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

My next 2 sunrise involve Blount Small Ship Adventures cruises.  Today's was taken on the way to the cruise, as I changed trains in Chicago on my Baltimore-Chicago-New Orleans journey.  The photo was taken looking out from the Lake Michigan shore:

dawno518.jpg

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning all - love today's quote, and to me it means not to dwell on the 'could have been or should have been' things of the day before.  Fresh page - make it the best day you can.

Love wandering through museums, though one of my favorites isn't international - the National Museum of American History in DC is always on my must-visit list.  Now that my husband is retired and runs the household, he takes care of the dishes so I don't have to!  I 'visit' my daughter every night on Skype, so got this covered!

Dressed and ready to hit the office - my guess is there are 250 emails waiting for me, and at least three new issues I hadn't even thought of will land on my desk.  Three days to the weekend...

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Great combination of days.  Museums are worthy of celebrating and I’m trying to make sure I don’t have dirty dishes but I don’t always succeed. 😉  I did a video chat with my sisters last night who are 2 provinces away so I hope that counts as “visit your relative” 🤞 

I like that quote of Emerson’s.  I’m trying to live by it but it’s hard some days to do so.

Got ambitious last night and decided I would have a decent meal and went to bbq and the propane was pretty much gone 😡 Now I have to learn how to remove the propane tank 😔 Really?  Couldn’t it have lasted a couple of weeks?  ‘Sigh’.  It became wine o’clock when I discovered that.

EE9249AA-06CF-4F6E-9462-EC4A2EBB6655.thumb.jpeg.f3bbe23a0fb2bf7b0e793e22366ef690.jpeg

Well the propane tank will have to wait until later.  It really is Hump Day for me as I have a big hump to get over with a busy (depressing) morning ahead of me - Post Office to mail all the necessary stuff to the Federal Government & then an appointment at the bank to do a lot of necessary stuff that I’d rather not have to do.  Hopefully, if the sun is coming out, I’ll have the energy to plant when I get home & my shaking stops.🤞 Thankfully I’ve had a long relationship with my Financial Planner so that will help make it a bit easier.

5A8D77B0-E9C9-47EF-A934-66DD8DE46890.thumb.jpeg.c0a91d249e57a21dab108e2115bdde6d.jpeg

I wish I had seen this one yesterday in time for the dinosaurs:

8B11A038-EB76-4028-8514-D709CED1F533.jpeg.7e7b4a0aceb5ac76e20d152df162c348.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!

610A7C05-2511-4522-A536-C28F079092C3.thumb.jpeg.2eaf69fd52a58116bcd32d0f27b4f7d9.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

Good morning all,

Still nursing my sore tooth from the root canal. Feels better than yesterday but has a way to go.  

Like the quote.  Like museums and don’t like dirty dishes.  Have no relatives to visit.

Believe it or not we are still trying to settle DBIL’s estate.  He passed away on Oct. 7.  He was developmentally disabled and did not have a will.  The paper work has been tremendous.  Just when we thought we were finished, New York State dumped another bunch of forms on us.  

Guess what we will be doing today.

Last year we were going to go to Barbados for our 40th anniversary back to the resort where we went for our honeymoon.  Then BIL became ill and died.  We had to cancel.

This morning, while Jim is still sleeping I booked it for our 41st anniversary.  We will be going from Oct. 3 to 17.  Our anniversary is on Oct. 4.

I know he will be excited about it.

Thank you for the lists.  Roy, enjoy your cruise.

Have a good day every one.

Love,

Terri

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Will be seeing many relatives at my nephews wedding next week, does that count?

I enjoy some museums. Dirty dishes? The quote is a good one. Have nor=t been to todays port.

Rocket launch this AM, another tomorrow. Boat races this weekend. Busy time around here. The races bring in huge crowds. So I will stock up ahead of time and stay home.  Wont even be able to get out of my driveway. It will be over Sunday nite and then things quiet down again. 

My plan is to explore more excursion options for our fall cruise. Trying to decide between a few. 

DH and I usually have to split up because DD cant go on everything. So he decides what he really wants to see and then we decide.  Sometimes, we can arrange accessible transport but not always. I am just grateful we can go at all!

Off to water aerobics this AM, then golf this afternoon. Publix at my way home.  Relax tonight! LOL

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 30

Good Morning Dailyites!  Some how when you have to work on Saturdays, Wednesday doesn't seem like a hump day.  We had an appointment with our heart doc on Friday ( for both of us) but they cancelled and moved it two weeks out.  DH's boss wouldn't let him switch Saturday to a now blank Friday, so he gets a day off.  I have empty hours, so I get to work more.  Somehow this doesn't seem right.  But enough complaining.  I just really need to learn that it's a part time job, that helps me out and then recreate a schedule where I can get some "me" time.

We were members of the Fernbank for several years, and the Michael C Carlos Museum for a couple of years.  I love visiting the mummies.  We did the shell museum on Sanibel two weeks ago.  I always try to visit a museum when I travel.  

b5eb6d808c8854bc155a1890a738eb92.jpg

• Like 29

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A strong hazy is diffusing our sunlight, but if feels lovely out. Yesterday afternoon’s storms helped clear out some humidity. 

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy! Morning Dailyites. Off to the new gym. Monday’s class with an actual barbell also used weights - and was a KILLER. And I just had a five pound weight on each end. We did lots reps. Even my biceps & triceps felt week in the class afterwards. The old gym closing may be the best thing for me fitness-wise, since it is forcing me to try new things. 

A true groaner…

37326B37-908A-4ACF-A097-45C9095B3194.jpeg.5c611babd80ab934f263d0c0f3c52adf.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

La Fontana Albariño, Spain JS90°

Note: I corrected the typo in the name. This Spanish WHITE wine sounds enjoyable on a hot summer eve. A bit elusive, It has very good consumer ratings, and a fair price. One place offered a six-pack at $20/bottle & that included shipping. 

La Fontana – Albariño 2015  D.O. Rías Baixas

Albariño is the world’s tinest grape and has been referred to as  “the perfumed aristocrat of Galicia,”  by  Jancis Robinson.

The main region for Albariño is in the Rías Baixas appellation in the Galicia area of Spain. These wines have a distinctive flavour, similar to Sauvignon Blanc for its bright citrus appeal, as well as Viognier and Gewürztraminer for its aromatic floral notes.

Production – 100% Albariño with 70% macerated on lees

Colour – Bright yellow with golden -green iridescence

Nose – Tropical fruit, green apple, banna and Kiwi

Palate – Smooth and pleasant acidity with ripe fruit flavours dominated by peach. Good structure and a long pleasant finish

Pairing – Idea with fish and seafood or as an apéritif.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone!

It is a chilly start to the day today but there should be abundant sunshine.  I'm having lunch with a friend today and that is the only thing planned.  I passed all my medical tests yesterday so I am ready for surgery.  My doctor thought it was an excellent idea to keep the appointment with the urologist on the adrenal mass and get another opinion from a different viewpoint.  

Today's meal sounds wonderful but may have too much sugar for me.  I would have to do a deep dive to find out and look for ways to reduce the sugar.  We'll start out with this one from the farmhouse.  https://www.theseasonedmom.com/one-skillet-peach-glazed-chicken/

1537660014_chickenpeaches1.thumb.jpg.5bd11596b89c48ca9cde6c01190cdd50.jpg

This next one is an easy one, but again high in sugars.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/peach-chicken/

794253183_chickenpeaches2.thumb.jpg.7d23b3f2447254899e602a71e2352f63.jpg

This next one uses balsamic vinegar as a sweeting agent.  It would most likely be better on the sugar content than the first two and I love balsamic vinegar.   https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/3367455032/peach-balsamic-chicken/

1990949203_chickenpeaches3.jpg.e790f701ddafccd3ea7c4e9bda6ad767.jpg

I chose this next recipe because of the use of orange juice and honey.  Too much sugar for me, but it is different from just peaches and brown sugar.  The orange flavor would add a lot, I think.   https://www.thespruceeats.com/baked-chicken-with-peaches-3050994

1505661712_chickenpeaches4.thumb.jpg.7eeb21f91a6f7d355aa48d5b027cd68d.jpg

Lastly, this one has an Asian flair to it and the lowest carb count.  This may be the way for me to go.  https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/asian-chicken-with-peaches/25f59227-5008-4cbd-a8e7-ccc7640d9abc

622221099_chickenpeaches5.jpg.3bb6bd34543901298fc4669065832ff1.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, the survivors of the Buffalo Tops shooting, and our Daily family members who are facing struggles.  @kazu Jacqui, changing the gas canister is easy.  I know you'll get it!   Cheers to all who are celebrating.  Wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

We are taking Bob-a-gingee, our huge orange cat to the vets this morning.  We dont want to startle him, so the carrier came in early, and he is sleeping on the sofa. Wish us luck, we have had to cancel his appointments before.  How something so huge can disappear is beyond me.

• Like 28

22 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Will be seeing many relatives at my nephews wedding next week, does that count?

I enjoy some museums. Dirty dishes? The quote is a good one. Have nor=t been to todays port.

Rocket launch this AM, another tomorrow. Boat races this weekend. Busy time around here. The races bring in huge crowds. So I will stock up ahead of time and stay home.  Wont even be able to get out of my driveway. It will be over Sunday nite and then things quiet down again. 

My plan is to explore more excursion options for our fall cruise. Trying to decide between a few. 

DH and I usually have to split up because DD cant go on everything. So he decides what he really wants to see and then we decide.  Sometimes, we can arrange accessible transport but not always. I am just grateful we can go at all!

Off to water aerobics this AM, then golf this afternoon. Publix at my way home.  Relax tonight! LOL

Stay safe and enjoy today

Question for you.  Does anything remain of Canaveral's old quonset hut cruise terminals or did they all get demolished for the new Carnival and RCI terminals?

terminal4.jpg

I got there just once on a 2015 Grandeur of the Seas port call.

Roy

• Like 18

Good morning friends!  It was a nice morning for a walk, slightly cooler, so we went overboard and walked 3.25 miles!  I hope I can get some things crossed off my to do list today.  I'd better get busy soon.  Thanks to Rich we have lots of interesting days to think about.  Love museums, and visiting relatives, though mine are pretty far away to be able to visit often.  Seems like there's always a dirty dish, just like there's never an empty dirty clothes hamper.  The chicken peaches is sure an odd combination but why not?  It looks good!  Tolanaro, Madagascar was our port of the day way back on March 7, 2021 and no, I haven't been there.  DH is reading a book that talks about some horrific happenings there and he says no we are not going there ever!  All I can do is roll my eyes.  

Thank you Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  Your cruise is coming up quickly.  And another thing is Debbie's @dfishsurgery is going to happen after I leave town so let me wish you a successful surgery and a rapid recovery, Debbie.  It would be great if I had good enough WiFi to read the Daily while I'm gone, but that's apparently not going to happen.  Princess has already sent out an email telling us our internet may be a mess, so they will extend the internet to everyone and not just those with packages.  Really?  That sounds like a great plan.  Anyway, prayers for all on the list, Debbie during her surgery, the people of Ukraine and all the people helping them.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list.  We deserve some good times, don't we?

My contribution to the Celebrations will be DD's latest Celebration Tree.  She removed the Cinco de Mayo decor and moved on to her patriotic Celebration tree since we have Memorial Day, Flag Day and Fourth of July coming up.  This weekend she gets to pick up her new puppy, Sadie, and they are very excited.  Also next week is the last week of school so she has big plans spending time with Sadie and helping train her.  I'll post photos of Sadie when they come.

The new tree.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4BtCo9V2Ss7bhoyqzD9LZV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1652533524

Some close ups of the decoations

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw-PQ-Uc0TdTBMXi1vntjwKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1652533524

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJp9-630MCITG32f6Gv3Wf0rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1652533525

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I enjoy going to museums and hope to visit several over the next few years. No dirty dishes...does that mean I don't have to wash pots and pans today?😁 We won't be seeing any relatives today other than each other as we are trying to finish what is absolutely necessary for now. (Such as blinds and doors being rehung and trim being painted where furniture will be placed when it gets here. DH can paint the rest of the trim once he is here permanently.)

I love the quote. The meal sounds delicious.

I finished reading page one of yesterday's Daily just a bit ago and have read today's so far. I will read Monday's and the rest of yesterday's on breaks. Thank you to all for sending good wishes yesterday. The headache stuck around until about mid afternoon. All is well this morning.

Off to get another cup of coffee and make a grocery list. I will make a quick run since I won't have a car once DH leaves. (We thought we'd be moving DMIL no later than yesterday, but apparently she has blocked the furniture that needs to be moved with bins, boxes and piles of stuff. 😔)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 26

Good morning.  Love visiting Meseums on cruises and locally.  DH keeps the kitchen dirty dish free.  All our relatives live too far away to visit often.  We do face time though.  I wish I could follow the quote more often.  Have not been to today's destination, looking forward to the photo's.  The meal looks wonderful.  Thank you Debbie.  Thank you Rich and Roy and Ann for your dedication to our daily.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe.

Derby Fizz:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam® Rye
1/2 part DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur
1 part fresh Lemon Sour
Club Soda
Orange Wedges

Instructions
Shake all ingredients, except soda, with ice and strain into a chilled tall highball glass, top up with club soda. Garnish with a half-moon orange slice.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 8.48.05 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4