Concierge Pre-Boarding Benefit

ScottC4746

Do on-line check in when it first opens and pick a early boarding slot.  

Priority check-in wasn’t much of a benefit since Zenith, Suites, Elite + , Elite, Aqua and Concierge all had priority.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Do on-line check in when it first opens and pick a early boarding slot.  

Priority check-in wasn’t much of a benefit since Zenith, Suites, Elite + , Elite, Aqua and Concierge all had priority.  

The last time I sailed with priority boarding, Aqua and Concierge were ahead of Elite + and Elite 

45 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The last time I sailed with priority boarding, Aqua and Concierge were ahead of Elite + and Elite 

I wasn’t implying any order.  We always went to the shortest line, often not a priority line.  When everyone has priority then no one has priority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the 7th (Silhouette in Southampton) , as Concierge we were able to go ahead of the queue, no delays at all thru security to check-in and onto the ship. I'm not sure anything has changed. 

Good luck.  Concierge lunch on day 1 was nice.  On M ships, extra floor space.  The rest never was much.  Afternoon snacks?  Anyone can call room service.  Shoe shine?  Cannot recall ever using it.  Expanded room service breakfast menu?  The one time we put a request in for breakfast in our cabin, it never came.  We were going on an excursion.  Never got to eat breakfast that day. Will never do room service breakfast again. We’re in concierge on next cruise. Noon checkin.  With all the junk at checkin, if we make it to the concierge lunch, I will be amazed.  I hate the buffet.  I used to like Bistro on 5 for embarkation lunch.  Not a sushi fan.  Wonder if the pool grill is open.  

3 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Good luck.  Concierge lunch on day 1 was nice.  On M ships, extra floor space.  The rest never was much.  Afternoon snacks?  Anyone can call room service.  Shoe shine?  Cannot recall ever using it.  Expanded room service breakfast menu?  The one time we put a request in for breakfast in our cabin, it never came.  We were going on an excursion.  Never got to eat breakfast that day. Will never do room service breakfast again. We’re in concierge on next cruise. Noon checkin.  With all the junk at checkin, if we make it to the concierge lunch, I will be amazed.  I hate the buffet.  I used to like Bistro on 5 for embarkation lunch.  Not a sushi fan.  Wonder if the pool grill is open.  

Mass grill usually opens at 1130am daily including the day of embarkation.

Canapes often looks like they're made from buffet leftovers from lunch.  Cut leftover chocolate cake into 1" cubes, take a buffet breadstick and wrap it in buffet pepperoni, etc.

I would agree that room service is preferable to Canapes and for dessert seekers, there's always the coffee shop if the buffet is closed.

Another tip that a lot of people forget, comes in handy if you're getting back late afternoon for a tour and want to shower, you can order FREE MDR dinner room service from 530-9, from 530-6, order some food items to hold you over

• Thanks 1