Booking cruise with hubby's credit card, hubby is not going

whataboutport

Hubby treats me to a kid free vacay each year and this year I"m doing a Celebrity cruise with the bestie. Will it be an issue if hubby pays with his card, but at check in at the pier he isn't there? Meaning do they ask to see his card or do I just give them mine for onboard spending? I will call Celebrity also to confirm but just wanted another opinion. Or should i have bestie put it on his?

You can book & pay for the cruise with 1 card and use another for your onboard account.
You no longer present a credit card at the pier.  You do check-in on the app, scan in your passport, upload vaccination card, take selfie and put in the credit card for the onboard  charges.  

• Like 1

Most of the time I've been asked to present my Credit Card for additional charges while on the ship.  It doesn't have anything to do with who paid for the cruise.    Since resumption of cruising after covid about 50% of time I've been asked for the credit card again especially with B2B's    Not sure if it is just an issue of training when using a transit pass and then coming back to the termingal.   When processed on the ship I[m not asked.

Edited by Jim_Iain

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Most of the time I've been asked to present my Credit Card for additional charges while on the ship.  It doesn't have anything to do with who paid for the cruise.    Since resumption of cruising after covid about 50% of time I've been asked for the credit card again especially with B2B's    Not sure if it is just an issue of training when using a transit pass and then coming back to the termingal.   When processed on the ship I[m not asked.

For B2Bs we always do on-line check-in for both sailings and haven’t been asked for a credit for either leg.  I thought it was because they had it from tge checkin info.

• Like 2

Agree when you check-in, you give the CC info that will be used on the cruise and you won’t have to worry about not having the card handy.

But….I assume you have your own card, so Just In Case he can reimburse you!!

den

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

For B2Bs we always do on-line check-in for both sailings and haven’t been asked for a credit for either leg.  I thought it was because they had it from tge checkin info.

We very rarely do any thing less than B2B cruises.  We, like jelayne, do the on-line check-in for each leg and very, very rarely have been asked to re-confirm the credit card on file.  I do remember a Documentation Officer telling the B2B passengers picking up their new sea pass cards on turnaround day to drop by  Guest Relations to re-confirm which card to use, and when we did so the Guest Relations person just looked at us with a blank stare.  I don't remember what year that was -- perhaps 2012?  

52 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Agree when you check-in, you give the CC info that will be used on the cruise and you won’t have to worry about not having the card handy.

But….I assume you have your own card, so Just In Case he can reimburse you!!

den

I will be using my card for the onboard charges/tips/etc. It's just his card gets points and still 0% apr! 🙂

59 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

I will be using my card for the onboard charges/tips/etc. It's just his card gets points and still 0% apr! 🙂

On all cruise lines I’ve been on, including Celebrity, you won’t be using your chargecard while on board. All is charged to your account and paid via the chargecard you signed up with on the check-in….your husband’s.

You can use your chargecard while in port and so on. I’ve never used the onboard ATM machines, so not sure how they work and what CC can be used, but extra tips are usually done using cash and all purchases and charges on board go to your on board account. 

I’ve read there is a way of using On Board Credit for tips, never done it. But again, that is either done with cash or you can add more tip to the slip you get when you use your ship card which puts everything, again, on your account.

den