3 Day Sale Info

ceilidh1

Many on this board are familiar with the 3 day sale offered through a big box TA (if not familiar, a simple google search should pull up results). This year's dates for the sale are June 9th-14th (yes, it's longer than 3 days). This year, the 3 day sale will offer:

- Up to $700 OBC (depends on cabin category, length of sailing, and number of passengers in room)

- Princess Plus package rates protected at $40pp/per day for the booking window of June 9 – 14, 2022 ($40pp/day versus $50pp/day). Prices for Princess Standard and Princess Premier will be the regular public prices.

- Coupon Book

- 2024 Europe & Americas will receive 3 day sale amenities: Princess’s 2024 Europe & Americas (does not include Alaska) itineraries will release post 3 day sale.. However, Princess will offer (big box agency) clients the 3 day sale OBC, reduced deposit and coupon book when these itineraries open! 

Hope this is helpful to some of you. Please don't ask for/post the name of the agency as this violates CC rules.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Many on this board are familiar with the 3 day sale offered through a big box TA (if not familiar, a simple google search should pull up results). ........

. Please don't ask for/post the name of the agency as this violates CC rules.

IMO, it's not a big box at all (in the way we think of actual big box retailers), but a large agency with a lot of little boxes, plus online.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, it's not a big box at all (in the way we think of actual big box retailers), but a large agency with a lot of little boxes, plus online.

I think of it as a travel franchise (online, home based agents and brick and mortar stores) with a large web presence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Many on this board are familiar with the 3 day sale offered through a big box TA (if not familiar, a simple google search should pull up results). This year's dates for the sale are June 9th-14th (yes, it's longer than 3 days). This year, the 3 day sale will offer:

- Up to $700 OBC (depends on cabin category, length of sailing, and number of passengers in room)

- Princess Plus package rates protected at $40pp/per day for the booking window of June 9 – 14, 2022 ($40pp/day versus $50pp/day). Prices for Princess Standard and Princess Premier will be the regular public prices.

- Coupon Book

2024 Europe & Americas will receive 3 day sale amenities: Princess’s 2024 Europe & Americas (does not include Alaska) itineraries will release post 3 day sale.. However, Princess will offer (big box agency) clients the 3 day sale OBC, reduced deposit and coupon book when these itineraries open! 

Hope this is helpful to some of you. Please don't ask for/post the name of the agency as this violates CC rules.

Alittle confused. Princess isn't going to open the 2024 Europe/Americas till AFTER this sale? 

15 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Alittle confused. Princess isn't going to open the 2024 Europe/Americas till AFTER this sale? 

Correct - but 3 day sale amenities will be honoured if booked through the agency with the promo. I'm sure there will be a time limit, but that has not been released as yet.

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Correct - but 3 day sale amenities will be honoured if booked through the agency with the promo. I'm sure there will be a time limit, but that has not been released as yet.

After I typed that I looked to edit but couldn't. That's what I thought, but if those trips aren't open how do they sell them?

1 minute ago, Yehootu said:

After I typed that I looked to edit but couldn't. That's what I thought, but if those trips aren't open how do they sell them?

The sale ends on June 14th. Let's say (as an example) the sailings are available to sell on June 18th = my guess is that for the first 3 days or so (June 18-21) anyone that books these sailings with this agency will receive the amenities offered with 3 day sale. These are just  best guesses right now - there will be a TA webinar explaining all rules next week

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The sale ends on June 14th. Let's say (as an example) the sailings are available to sell on June 18th = my guess is that for the first 3 days or so (June 18-21) anyone that books these sailings with this agency will receive the amenities offered with 3 day sale. These are just  best guesses right now - there will be a TA webinar explaining all rules next week

That makes sense. Any idea when these sailings will be released by Princess for preview? Heading to your city next Friday! 

Mahalo

I have previously booked a cruise during the 3-Day Sale, but haven't been following Princess pricing & sales lately.  Is this a good deal?  That TAs pricing isn't usually that good, but in the past I've found this sale to be very good.

Edited by mnocket

54 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I have previously booked a cruise during the 3-Day Sale, but haven't been following Princess pricing & sales lately.  Is this a good deal?  That TAs pricing isn't usually that good, but in the past I've found this sale to be very good.

TA posted pricing is same as cruise lines but sometimes this TA does offer extra OBC,  refundable deposit under group booking and travel points. It is worth comparing.

4 hours ago, Yehootu said:

That makes sense. Any idea when these sailings will be released by Princess for preview? Heading to your city next Friday! 

Mahalo

I don't think the dates have been released yet - or at least I haven't seen them!

24 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

TA posted pricing is same as cruise lines but sometimes this TA does offer extra OBC,  refundable deposit under group booking and travel points. It is worth comparing.

Correct.  In the past I've found that the perks associated the the 3-Day Sale were better than any of the Princess "sales".  Even better than I got from my usual big box TA. However since Princess has changed their pricing model I was wondering if this was still such a good sale.  I haven't been following pricing closely so I don't know.

19 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Correct.  In the past I've found that the perks associated the the 3-Day Sale were better than any of the Princess "sales".  Even better than I got from my usual big box TA. However since Princess has changed their pricing model I was wondering if this was still such a good sale.  I haven't been following pricing closely so I don't know.

We've used this TA for a few years, since well before COVID. In the past their 3 Day Sale was actually very good, with slightly lower pricing and some very decent perqs. In the last few years, they have slipped somewhat, reflecting exactly the Princess pricing and scaling back their perqs. In general, maybe $200 per balcony cabin OBC, the coupon book which is now pretty much useless as it lost the free dinner, and reduced deposits. Doubt it will be different this year. Also surprised to hear it will be from June 9-14 as their newspaper ads here clearly state June 9-11