Have COVID on the Apex -- No WiFi

DenvCruiser

19 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I am also currently in Quarantine on APEX. Internet is given in 3 day increments. We've had to call GS to "renew" once and I expect that will happen again soon. What I do miss is the APP and am told since we're not on a regular booking # it's not available. If we had it we would know what's on the reg MDR me when we order dinner and not have to ask the helpful person who answers the RS phone. 

If you can access the app you should still be able to access the menu.  Choose the little person on the top and other sailings it supports find your sailing and it will load. I can see the menu for current cruise.  I love food so I like to see what the current offerings are. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

So you are a stowaway...

A dream for many, I Am sure even if in quarantine! LOL

Do they provide a specific menu to check from like room service OR can you just call up and say "today I think I will have crepes Suzette, Belgian Waffles w/Irish Cream Butter, for dinner rack of lamb, rare, Jasmine Brown Rice infused with Saffron. Dessert? Let me get back to you on that...

bon appetit and bon voyage

In health and bon voyage

You're too 😁. I wish there were more options but we have the expensive Room Service menu and can order dinner from the MDR. While we're not going hungry I can say that I'm really looking forward to a real dining experience on Sunday.....even if it's in the Oceaview Cafe. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

You're too 😁. I wish there were more options but we have the expensive Room Service menu and can order dinner from the MDR. While we're not going hungry I can say that I'm really looking forward to a real dining experience on Sunday.....even if it's in the Oceaview Cafe. 

The wife order an omelet and a side order of spinach, she got 2 omelets both were ice cold , and broke the wooden fork and knife trying to cut it , 2 figures she had 2 ed edible meals in the nine days

begin at the front of the ship every meal was cold 

it was 950 steps for a round trip for me to Deliver anything from Ocean view café , I was losing weight and didn’t need to walk a stupid track 😂

52 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Maybe you will meet a few of the other 'inmates' and compare notes as to who had it worse??? LOL

How will they be able to verify that you did not have lobster every other night, with your wine replenished daily...

In health and bon voyage

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Maybe you will meet a few of the other 'inmates' and compare notes as to who had it worse??? LOL

How will they be able to verify that you did not have lobster every other night, with your wine replenished daily...

In health and bon voyage

🦞 I wish...last night's Sea Bass looked bad and tasted worse. It's the 1st meal I didn't eat and I've had some very good fish onboard....mostly in Luminae. Tonight's Happy Hour....wine is "always available" and a decent vintage. 

20220520_172935.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

🦞 I wish...last night's Sea Bass looked bad and tasted worse. It's the 1st meal I didn't eat and I've had some very good fish onboard....mostly in Luminae. Tonight's Happy Hour....wine is "always available" and a decent vintage. 

20220520_172935.jpg

I bet they treat who book a suite differently than a person who was in an OV 

wife had wine delivered and 1/2 of was on the tray 🙄

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My wife didn’t have wifi when she got Covid on day 6 of the TA , she stayed in the ov cabin we had and moved me , they said they were giving her premium Wi-Fi as she was in  quarantined 

of course the charge showed up on the account, I had go and get the chargers taken off 

After she still tested positive after day 5 , she was pretty upset about staying in an ov cabin ,as prisoners are allowed outside an hour a day ,  I had a talk with a staff officer and got her moved to balcony cabin

After being in her balcony , she checked her iwatch and noticed her oxygen levels had dropped to 87% during the time she was in the ov .
I guess we have to learn how to set an alarm on her watch 

Medical does call you , but without them testing oxygen levels a person probably wouldn’t notice a slow change in yourself 

That oxygen drop would concern me more than food quality or wifi .Wonder if all ocean view occupants would show that or just those with Covid.

We travel with our O2 meter and thermometer....and  many other items ship might not supply

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

That oxygen drop would concern me more than food quality or wifi .Wonder if all ocean view occupants would show that or just those with Covid.

We travel with our O2 meter and thermometer....and  many other items ship might not supply

Tricky, it could just be that the drop was Covid related and the improvement is a sign of recovery...

... but yes, would be good to know if the improvement correlated directly with the cabin change...

The iWatch is good, but it does give somewhat erratic results at times, but if the low result was steady over a period of time it was probably real...

14 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Tricky, it could just be that the drop was Covid related and the improvement is a sign of recovery...

... but yes, would be good to know if the improvement correlated directly with the cabin change...

The iWatch is good, but it does give somewhat erratic results at times, but if the low result was steady over a period of time it was probably real...

It was 6 days quarantine in an ov,

we do not know if outside air is piped to each unit in the room or do Hope outside air gets into the cabin from the hallway 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I bet they treat who book a suite differently than a person who was in an OV 

wife had wine delivered and 1/2 of was on the tray 🙄

Do you really think that? We weren't booked on this cruise so no cabin category other than our quarantine IV. All Room Service food is coming from the RS kitchen somewhere below us. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Do you really think that? We weren't booked on this cruise so no cabin category other than our quarantine IV. All Room Service food is coming from the RS kitchen somewhere below us. 

Just going by the difficulties my wife had 

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My wife didn’t have wifi when she got Covid on day 6 of the TA , she stayed in the ov cabin we had and moved me , they said they were giving her premium Wi-Fi as she was in  quarantined 

of course the charge showed up on the account, I had go and get the chargers taken off 

After she still tested positive after day 5 , she was pretty upset about staying in an ov cabin ,as prisoners are allowed outside an hour a day ,  I had a talk with a staff officer and got her moved to balcony cabin

After being in her balcony , she checked her iwatch and noticed her oxygen levels had dropped to 87% during the time she was in the ov .
I guess we have to learn how to set an alarm on her watch 

Medical does call you , but without them testing oxygen levels a person probably wouldn’t notice a slow change in yourself 

With an oxygen level in the 80s a person would feel some shortness of breath. How did your wife feel? I really doubt that a lower oxygen level had anything to do with being in an OV cabin and more to do with Covid. For me, I'd be noting how I felt and call medical if I didn’t feel right. I wouldn't wait for anyone to call me. Like hcat we travel with a Thermometer and Pulse Ox meter. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

With an oxygen level in the 80s a person would feel some shortness of breath. How did your wife feel? I really doubt that a lower oxygen level had anything to do with being in an OV cabin and more to do with Covid. For me, I'd be noting how I felt and call medical if I didn’t feel good. I wouldn't wait for anyone to call me. Like hcat we travel with a Thermometer and Pulse Ox meter. 

We will be traveling with one now