Laundering expiring FCC

dpm321

We hav FCCs that must be used by 30 May and we must cruise by the end of December.  We already have two cruises booked in the fall and do not have time available for another.  I was thinking of booking and canceling to “recycle” the FCCs.  I know this is pretty sleazy, but has anyone tried it?

3 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

There's a FB page where you can sell them.  They are usually at a 30% or so discount but at least you get something for them.

I would not trust that as being formally accepted by the cruise lines if they are "sold" in that manner.  The seller may receive something for them but I would question their validity with the people that purchase them as far as the cruise lines are concerned.  In other words, buyer beware.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I would not trust that as being formally accepted by the cruise lines if they are "sold" in that manner.  The seller may receive something for them but I would question their validity with the people that purchase them as far as the cruise lines are concerned.  In other words, buyer beware.

It's totally legit.

There are many who have used it, and they explain how to do the transaction.  Both parties need to be on the phone with the cruiseline so the owner of the FCC's can release them to the buyer.

I think the cruiseline's might have changed their policies since they probably have thousand's of FCC's out there that are running out of time to be used.

And I have a friend who has already done this process.😉

17 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Are the two cruises on Celebrity?  If so, I would call and ask them to extend. Even if they're not, I'd ask for an extension.  

Agree, I would possibly phone with a cruise in mind for next year…So you would be booking before the expiry date (following rules) and simply requesting an extension to when it has to be used by. 

13 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

There's a FB page where you can sell them.  They are usually at a 30% or so discount but at least you get something for them.

Didn't know this!  So FCC's are being treated like Time Shares?

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Celebrity has been allowing 1 time transfer of FCC to another party for some time.

I did not know this.. Thanks for posting.  We have FCC from an Alaska cruise cancelled last year.  I don't think we can use the credit but would like to give it to my kids for a cruise.  I thought I was going to lose the FCC.

There was a cutoff of May 4, 2022 in the Cruise with Confidence FAQ's so you may no longer be able to do this.  But it's probably worth a try as they had extended it quite a few times.

May I transfer my FCC to another guest?

Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of an FCC from any Celebrity Cruises sailing cancelled due to global suspension or under the Cruise With Confidence program. The deadline to request a transfer is May 4, 2022.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or Group booking. All FCCs (new and existing) must be used on a sailing that departs on or before 12/31/2022 or within one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later.