Should we book a port or starboard balcony for the best views?

KKB

If you look around the board this is asked very frequently.

You didn't give us any info about your route, but it doesn't matter. The scenery is everywhere, all around you. And it's "big picture" scenery...huge scale. You don't have to be in one magical spot to see things. In several locations, like the glacier areas, you go into the area, typically spin circles for a while, and sail out the exact same way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Actually neither.  I would book aft.

My first aft balcony coming up next month.  I'm a little worried because I usually like to know where I'm going as opposed to where I've been. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, quack2 said:

My first aft balcony coming up next month.  I'm a little worried because I usually like to know where I'm going as opposed to where I've been. 

Forward balconies are facing into the wind and can be almost unusable at times. Aft you are protected from the wind and get the full 180 degree view. I love aft

• Thanks 1

Port or starboard really does not matter in terms of sightseeing.   It may matter in terms of if you want to face land while docked, but that is a bit of a guess anyway as to how the ship will dock.

One slight consideration if you are taking a one way cruise, is if you want the sun shining in your cabin in the morning or evening.  Likely I would choose sun in the morning (starboard side for traveling North) , so that the sun is at your back for evening views from your balcony.