Water Taxi

Water taxi makes 3 stops.  Just past the shopping area at the pier, the far end of the board walk and then again near Bobby's Marina .

Here's a link to boardwalk information and map.  There are several map image sites on the web as well.

https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMZZNV_Philipsburg_Boardwalk_Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten

7 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Water taxi makes 3 stops.  Just past the shopping area at the pier, the far end of the board walk and then again near Bobby's Marina .

Here's a link to boardwalk information and map.  There are several map image sites on the web as well.

https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMZZNV_Philipsburg_Boardwalk_Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten

Hmmm..... the site you posted does not take me to a map.. Goes to a site that wants "cookie" choices.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:33 PM, Murray's Pop said:

Hmmm..... the site you posted does not take me to a map.. Goes to a site that wants "cookie" choices.

Well, DuckDuckGo is your friend.   And Google wants to be.  Easy to look up.

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Well, DuckDuckGo is your friend.   And Google wants to be.  Easy to look up.

Sorry, the DDG founder has a pretty extensive history of privacy abuse starting with the creation of a service designed to coerce naïve users to submit sensitive information about their friends and DDG is currently collecting users’ operating systems and everything they highlight in the search results. So no, DDG is NOT my friend.

Google did not provide sufficient info on what I was looking for, so tried asking here if someone had something more relevant. 

Edited by Murray's Pop

Never had nor read of those issues.  Firefox then. And on Edge the link to the map is on the upper right corner.  It's a Google map and expands.

Sorry you're having such a difficult time as there are plenty of Phillips burg boardwalk maps on the web.

• 5 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Ashland said:

Just used the water taxi 3 weeks ago and it was only two stops...right in town and the far right end at the beach. $7.00pp round trip.

All the taxis have never stopped st third stop. Are you saying they have closed it completely, although I realize your report is somewhat dated now. 

Any recent updates from anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 1:24 AM, c-leg5 said:

All the taxis have never stopped st third stop. Are you saying they have closed it completely, although I realize your report is somewhat dated now. 

Any recent updates from anyone?

Was there last Thursday.  $7 pp round trip per person (provided you wear blue wristbands that you get at the ticket office at the port), or $5 one way, plus they request gratuities. From Sint Maarten Cruise Terminal by Dr AC Wathey Cruise Pier, there Two stops:  1) Captain Hodge Wharf on the boardwalk at  intersection of Voorstraat (aka Front Street) and Hendrikstraat and 2) Walter Plantz Square 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:22 PM, Murray's Pop said:

Is there a map showing the water taxi stops as well as what's around in the port?  I have searched but have not been able to find anything.  Thanks!

Before you leave your ship, go to an upper deck and have a look towards the bay and town. You will see everything: the water taxi, the beach, the town, the pier where the water taxi goes. I know it's hard now to picture it, but once there, everything is within sight from the ship. The town (shopping, cafes, etc.) is one street (walkway) along the bay, and one parallel street behind it.

Just used water taxi Dec. 21 and it was really good.  Boats about every 5-6 minutes and friendly crew.  The $7 roundtrip is good for all day so we did it to beach in A.M. then back to ship to change and quick bite to eat . Back to town for short tour to French side of island.  Also they sell soda and water on board for $1 each and beers wer $2.  Enjoyed the short reide back and forth