Silversea Wine List

Canturk

5 hours ago, WesW said:

Look on page 3 post #57 here:

We will be on SilverSea first time in August.  I thought our fare was ‘all inclusive’ and the details say wine is included.  I’m curious why there are prices on the La Terraza menus that were posted?   Thanks 

5 hours ago, GoTravelLife said:

I thought our fare was ‘all inclusive’ and the details say wine is included.  I’m curious why there are prices on the La Terraza menus that were posted?   Thanks 

Wine is included.  Literally, you’ll have dozens to choose from at anytime that you like.

But SS, and dare I say any all-inclusive cruise line, isn’t going to pour you some of the most exclusive and expensive wines in the world for free.  Did your travel agent / consultant lead you to expect otherwise?

• Thanks 1

The All inclusive wines were absolutely fine. In fact, very nice. We priced one that we liked, available at home for about £17, so in a restaurant that would likely be charged around £50. So I don’t think that should be criticised at all. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can taste the wine offered and decline it if you don't like it.  We used the sommelier extensively on our recent cruise and he made excellent suggestions from the standard offerings.  We just asked to talk to him if we didn't like what was first offered.  There was a decent white from Burgundy (Macon-Bussieres Les Clos 2019) which I often had instead of the white which was offered.  Also there was a interesting red from Sicily which was surprising.  We also were offered a Pouilly Fume when we didn't like what was offered.  Also a Vouvray was on offer.  For reds, I liked the Nero d'avola based Sicilian wine, Colosi, and there was a nice Valpolicella and a Bordeaux, as well as a Tempranillo.  If you like sauterne, there was decent dessert wine from Bordeaux, but not the Sauterne appellation, on offer from the standard list.    There seemed to be more South American  and Australian wine offered first with the occasional European offering. I tend to prefer European, hence the request to see the sommelier.

There was some nice wine on the "revenue" list which you have to pay for.  We had a bottle of vintage Port from that list (Quinta de la Rosa 2009) and a premier cru Burgundy (for which I can't find the details).  Hope that helps.  

41 minutes ago, yayoye said:

You can taste the wine offered and decline it if you don't like it.  We used the sommelier extensively on our recent cruise and he made excellent suggestions from the standard offerings.  We just asked to talk to him if we didn't like what was first offered.  There was a decent white from Burgundy (Macon-Bussieres Les Clos 2019) which I often had instead of the white which was offered.  Also there was a interesting red from Sicily which was surprising.  We also were offered a Pouilly Fume when we didn't like what was offered.  Also a Vouvray was on offer.  For reds, I liked the Nero d'avola based Sicilian wine, Colosi, and there was a nice Valpolicella and a Bordeaux, as well as a Tempranillo.  If you like sauterne, there was decent dessert wine from Bordeaux, but not the Sauterne appellation, on offer from the standard list.    There seemed to be more South American  and Australian wine offered first with the occasional European offering. I tend to prefer European, hence the request to see the sommelier.

There was some nice wine on the "revenue" list which you have to pay for.  We had a bottle of vintage Port from that list (Quinta de la Rosa 2009) and a premier cru Burgundy (for which I can't find the details).  Hope that helps.  

It’s called Cadillac!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been several years since we've been on SS. We flip back and forth between SS and Regent.

I must say that we've been pretty happy with the included wines offered on SS.  I think they're a cut above what Regent has included. Lots of nice choices and if you don't like something, they're happy to offer something else. We had a lovely lady sommelier, Caroline? Carolyn? who was wonderful. Funny, unpretentious and always at the ready to assist if need be.

We'll be on the little Whisper in Sept and hope the wine situation remains terrific!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to Cruise Critic but have been on a few cruises before.  We are on the Silver Muse in Feb 2024 Australia to NZ.  Looking for the wine list if anyone has that from the Silver Muse and the list of wines that you must pay for as well. Also, is there any issue bringing on wine as we are planning several wine trips before we board.

Greatly appreciated!

Frank (IT-SOMM)

There is no issue bringing on your own wine.  No problem at all.

It's hard for someone to publish a list because it can change a lot (especially with regard to the complimentary ones).