Can anything be provided for the man eating mattress?

atexsix

Can our room steward provide anything to make the mattress firmer?  My Dad will sink into a soft mattress making it difficult to move.

Maybe something can be provided pillow wise to help him sit up a bit in bed?

Thanks

A piece of plywood on top of the mattress (ask you steward), covered with at least one comforter is the best thing I’ve found. I’ve also slept on the comforter on the floor in front of the sliding glass door but if your cabin has a balcony, that can be really chilly during the night. 

I’ve only had good luck with a few Princess mattresses. I don’t know why they’re so different. 

It's interesting in that, in the past, the complaints were about the beds being too hard and what was available to soften them up.  Along comes the Princess Luxury Bed and, for some, it's too soft.  It seems they should have jumped right to the Baby Bear's bed as I read about it being "just right" a very long time ago.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

Can our room steward provide anything to make the mattress firmer?  My Dad will sink into a soft mattress making it difficult to move.

Thanks

Ever since Princess got the new mattresses, I’ve never heard even one complaint about them, but I would imagine everybody is different.  While I don’t have an answer for the mattress, I would say to try it out, he may be surprised.  He can request as many pillows as he likes.  The standard rooms don’t have couches or anyplace to sit up so, we oftentimes just use the bed as a place to sit and watch movies and such.  The backrests on some ships also provide some padding against the wall.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought the mattresses were too hard so am looking forward to a softer sleep.  Having said that, I agree you should ask the room steward.  They always try to make it better.  I have received eggcrate mattress toppers and once a sheet to replace those hideous duvets.  Man, I hate those things.

Funny thing about the sheet.  I guess he couldn't find an extra one.  Maybe too many people had requested one.  But he did his best and improvised by using a duvet cover as a sheet.  Worked pretty good.  

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Also you can request a blanket to replace the duvet, I find that the duvet is a bit heavy

It is heavy.

It drives me crazy especially in warmer climates when the air conditioning doesn't cool below 68.

Edited by Coral

10 hours ago, atexsix said:

Thanks

Some years back, I was suffering through a round of gastric reflux. I got an inflatable wedge pillow to travel with, and that helped a lot. That might work well for your Dad.

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Also you can request a blanket to replace the duvet, I find that the duvet is a bit heavy

Just about the first thing we do when we get on the ship is to ask for a blanket for hubby's bed. I love the duvets, but he's way to warm in them. 

11 hours ago, atexsix said:

Thanks

Yes they can.  Ask and they will do their best to accommodate.

Cheers