Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) walking to nearest beach

Cruisekid25

Hi all,

I've just booked a Carribbean cruise sailing out of port Everglades next year and was wondering if it was possible to walk to the nearest beach from the port? Google seems to think so but as not done this before was wondering if possible or not?

Well....not so easy. First, the port is a large area, and it is not designed to be a walking area. The exiting out of the Terminal 2 area, out to 17th St is your easiest direction, but if you are not docked at Terminal 2/4, that isn't going to work. It is a healthy walk from Terminal 2 to a beach.

Are you really going to be walking from the Port, or from some hotel in the Port area? That is an entirely different question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisekid25 said:

Hi all,

I've just booked a Carribbean cruise sailing out of port Everglades next year and was wondering if it was possible to walk to the nearest beach from the port? Google seems to think so but as not done this before was wondering if possible or not?

Don't plan on it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Well....not so easy. First, the port is a large area, and it is not designed to be a walking area. The exiting out of the Terminal 2 area, out to 17th St is your easiest direction, but if you are not docked at Terminal 2/4, that isn't going to work. It is a healthy walk from Terminal 2 to a beach.

Are you really going to be walking from the Port, or from some hotel in the Port area? That is an entirely different question.

I have a port day in Port Everglades, ship is the Regal Princess so think would be terminal 2. I know that usually the ship normally only embark or debark in Ft Lauderdale, so trying to get ideas for a normal port stop there. 

5 minutes ago, Cruisekid25 said:

I have a port day in Port Everglades, ship is the Regal Princess so think would be terminal 2. I know that usually the ship normally only embark or debark in Ft Lauderdale, so trying to get ideas for a normal port stop there. 

You could take the yellow line into the city for a couple of hours of looking around.  Beach is possible.

https://myfortlauderdalebeach.com/things-to-do/sun-trolley/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisekid25 said:

If at terminals 2 or 4, walk to Eisenhower Blvd (the only exit from those terminals), turn right and walk about 1 long block to 17th Street.  Pick up the formerly named Sun Trolley - now called the LauderGO and FREE! - heading east.  The Beach Link route has a stop right there! See https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle  and   https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/66054/637825949326830000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale Beach is too far of a walk. It has to be at least a three mile walk. You can easily cab, Uber or Lyft over for the short ride . Have a nice lunch or at least a few drinks at one of the places along A1A. Then grab a cab for the ride back to Port Everglades.

• Thanks 1