Help with Shareholders Credit

HRPro

I sent in my shareholder OBC request with the latest report from my broker about 2 weeks ago, and still nothing has been credited to account in the Personalizer.  I emailed the request as I have done several times without incident.  I gave them a week and called Customer Service and the rep was not helpful--just suggested that I wait another 24 hours since it had only been 7 days (my past experience is 2-3 days max for OBC credit).  Then I tried calling my Princess Vacation Planner, who has been recently assigned to us since I guess our previous person left.  She has not called me back either.  Not impressed with customer service from Princess.  Any suggestions on what I do next since we sail this coming Saturday on Eastern Mediterranean Cruise-Rome to Athens.

Many thanks as always for any suggestions/advice.

Susan/HRPro

30 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Call their section that processes SOBC requests…being that close to sailing they can usually expedite the processing…Mon-Fri business hours.

(800) 872-6779 x-30317

That number no longer exists. I got Reena on the chat line to apply it for me last week. I had to email it again as the original request was lost, she saw it come in, and put it on. Another CC Member used chat & Reena found that email and applied it. If someone on chat isn't helpful. Disconnect and try again 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another vote for Live Chat. Today I was doing a booking to put on hold and accidentally spaced out and clicked to use my FCD. It automatically switched to a real booking. D'Oh!  I tried Live Chat and, within maybe 6 or 7 minutes max my FCD had been returned to my account, the cruise had been cancelled, and I received an email confirmation of the cancelled cruise. That is excellent customer service.

Seriously, try Live Chat and you may well get your OBC applied right away.

• Like 7

Thank you all.  I haven't tried Live Chat, but I did see where that was an option M-F, normal business hours, so I will try that tomorrow.  I also have a cruise that I need to get cancelled having double-booked myself on a cruise that overlaps when I am still in France.  I should know better than to be multitasking when I'm traveling abroad, so maybe they can help me with that too.  You all are the best--fingers crossed Live Chat will be able to process this asap.

Susan/HRPro

HRPro,

FYI - I just received my shareholder credit for an upcoming Alaska cruise in August.  It took two weeks from my e-mail submittal for the credit to show up.  Since I applied for credit on two planned cruises (2nd one for early 2023) I also received an e-mail response that I needed to re-submit for the second cruise shareholder credit within 90 days of the sail date.

Peter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BritRet said:

I also received an e-mail response that I needed to re-submit for the second cruise shareholder credit within 90 days of the sail date.

I received the same email for upcoming cruises in October.  I guess they are sticking to the 90 day rule again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I received the same email for upcoming cruises in October.  I guess they are sticking to the 90 day rule again.

I was beginning to think the same thing as I had tried for the credit on a cruise that was (at the time) 5 months out and got the return email about 90 days. Last night, while playing on the computer, I decided to try again for the credit-Cruise is four months out. I thought, "What the heck, it is Sunday night and maybe my request will on top Monday morning 🙂 . I got up at 0800 this morning (monday) and credit was already in my folder.  Go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triple7tahoe said:

I was beginning to think the same thing as I had tried for the credit on a cruise that was (at the time) 5 months out and got the return email about 90 days. Last night, while playing on the computer, I decided to try again for the credit-Cruise is four months out. I thought, "What the heck, it is Sunday night and maybe my request will on top Monday morning 🙂 . I got up at 0800 this morning (monday) and credit was already in my folder.  Go figure.

Wow, great!  Maybe I'll try again...

Thanks to all who suggested the Live Chat for assistance with my shareholder OBC.  I communicated with Live Chat first thing Monday morning and Reena helped me get it sorted out in about 25 minutes.  I did have to provide the dates and times of my two emails, but they were able to locate the request and apply my OBC immediately.  After trying regular customer service and my Vacation Planner without any response, I am going to be using Live Chat for my customer service needs in the future.  Headed to Rome for our Eastern Mediterranean tomorrow afternoon.  We sail on Saturday.  First time on Princess since 2019.  Can't wait!

Susan/HRPro

• Like 3