Virgin Cruises and Branson

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

That sounds more like my one and only (Sea) Princess cruise. Never seen so many walking frames, scooters and oxy bottles on a single cruise.😵

Oh how I aspire to have a scooter for cruising in the distant future, so that I can even up for all the times I have been hit by one. Oops, better be careful what I wish for.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Oh how I aspire to have a scooter for cruising in the distant future, so that I can even up for all the times I have been hit by one. Oops, better be careful what I wish for.

On a cruise where I held the door to the open deck open for a man on a scooter, he accidently ran over my foot. I didn't get much of an apology.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

On a cruise where I held the door to the open deck open for a man on a scooter, he accidently ran over my foot. I didn't get much of an apology.

Yep, normal. Courtesy goes a long way for everyone, regardless of mobility and age.

And it would be better nicer if they were limited to walking speed when aboard.

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yep, normal. Courtesy goes a long way for everyone, regardless of mobility and age.

And it would be better nicer if they were limited to walking speed when aboard.

I was on a cruise where one of the entertainers was in a scooter. I moved aside for him when he got in the lift and asked his if he had enough room. Instead of thanking me he ignored me.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that they have now postponed the launching of Resilient Lady until the Spring of 2023 (ie April next year).  She will stay in Italy getting the finishing touches until then.   Maybe waiting for things to settle down what with shortages of crew and Omicron still causing trouble.  Scarlet Lady and Valiant Lady are sailing with only a small percentage of passengers on some voyages according to reports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 3:34 PM, onlyslightlymad said:

Came home to find that my husband has also booked us on the Mermaiden voyage.  I'm really looking forward to it, it looks like a lot of fun.

Let's hope that all goes well and she actually launches next May.  Fingers crossed and toes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

just watched a U TUBE INFO for Virgin and surprised at the amount of very mature cruisers he said were on board  we will not need botox just hair tye

Zimmer frames and scooters creating havoc?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, windsor26 said:

That was not mentioned but of course you do not just need to be old to need a skooter

On some videos there are people with scooters but not necessarily oldies.  All ages.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:34 PM, onlyslightlymad said:

Came home to find that my husband has also booked us on the Mermaiden voyage.  I'm really looking forward to it, it looks like a lot of fun.

Clever lad your husband, hope to see him aboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1