Beyond

hobgoblin

14 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

Usually only on the live broadcasts lol! The pre recorded arent interactive!

true and I am amazed at just how many ships they have done over the last 8 months,  

watch their video on Disney ship.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, Seacrab said:

Have you been able to get (real French) champagne? I was on the inaugural and there was only California sparkling or Cremant de Loire, so curious to know if they’ve fixed things since. 

Yes. They were serving Vueve tonight in Le Voyage 

17 hours ago, LINGBER said:

Yes. They were serving Vueve tonight in Le Voyage 

Thank you. I should have clarified “in the MDR”. We had VCP in Fine Cut, but couldn’t get anything better than “Domaine St. Michelle” which quite simply doesn’t have the taste complexity or profile of champagne. 

2 hours ago, Tony UK said:

Looking forward to hearing more about your Le Voyage experience.....

We went to Le Voyage last evening. The restaurant has an intimate design and service was outstanding! Once seated we were offered a glass of Vueve which was a nice touch. The menu is not overly large but had enough variety. I had a Salmon appetizer that was mouth watering good. Also tried the Onion Tart which was delicious. The entrees were were also very good but not stand out good, though the presentation was beautiful. I had filet and my husband had the lamb chops. All in all it was an excellent meal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, LINGBER said:

We went to Le Voyage last evening. The restaurant has an intimate design and service was outstanding! Once seated we were offered a glass of Vueve which was a nice touch. The menu is not overly large but had enough variety. I had a Salmon appetizer that was mouth watering good. Also tried the Onion Tart which was delicious. The entrees were were also very good but not stand out good, though the presentation was beautiful. I had filet and my husband had the lamb chops. All in all it was an excellent meal. 

Thank you very much! 

On 5/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, LINGBER said:

We are on Beyond now. Sailed from Rome yesterday. I have heard different reports of how many passengers are on board. It’s safe to assume it’s between 1000 and 1200.

Can you recommend a good adapter to use for the outlet/hair dryer situation?  TIA 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, Tony UK said:

We loved Murano and have been lots of times. Le Voyage sounded a similar concept although pricey!

We weren't sure whether to try the tasting menu. We did do it once in Murano but then reverted to the full menu, especially as we have the premium drinks package to contribute to our wine!

We have tried 2 very different menus in Eden. We did enjoy both, but the recent experience on Edge was amazing. We loved it and will be going again on Beyond in September.

The tasting menu does not include wines.  The Som can work with your package to get you wines to pair though or even for a smaller upcharge.  The upcharge for the wine tasting is $100. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:24 PM, Barn Goddess said:

We were on the maiden sailing as well (Sky Suite 9125).  Loved Luminae and it didn't feel crowded to us. But that could be the times we went to dine. Found the service to be wonderful (Juan Pablo was our waiter and he was fantastic). The food was a little underwhelming but still very good.

We wanted to try Le Voyage but it was sold out. We heard mixed reviews on it. However, most loved it, especially the wine pairings. Speaking of wine pairings - we did the premium wine experience with the Cellar Master. So fun and some really great wines - really enjoyed it!

We also dined at Cypress (meh), Normandy (LOVED), and Fine Cuts Steakhouse (so good!). We did not dine at Eden but did have lunch at the Eden cafe (off to the left, tucked away, when you are going towards Eden). The food was so good! Great sandwiches and salads.

We had a really great time and met some super nice people. I just wish it had been a smidge warmer. We were thankful for the blankets offered - they really helped ward off the cold when attempting to sit on the Magic Carpet or in the Retreat sundeck.

The ship is lovely and I really love the bigger, more open design around the martini bar. I have never been a fan of the martini bar (don't care for martini's) and found it way too crowded/uncomfortable on other ships. The new layout is great - lots of seating, great people watching, can see the flair show, and can also enjoy the music. Loved it!

Food is so subjective, we just got off the Beyond Saturday.  Luminae was just ok, loved Cypress and Normadie was just ok.  We had the Champagne dinner in Fine Cut and were not impressed like we have been at other venues. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, hcat said:

We are used to BLU..but will be assigned to Luminae, food looks less simple than BLU.

Was it difficult to have dinner in BLU.. line up or call for availability? We orefer  early dinners.

How crowded was breakfast  in LUM?

Did they offer the Elite "lite" breakfast anywhere?

Our goal will be to avoid crowds  and Covid!

The Elite coffee house breakfast is offered in Le Grand Bistro.  Hardly attended at all.

On 5/25/2022 at 11:51 AM, Londoncruising1971 said:

We were also on inaugural

We found Le Voyage excellent. Some were critical, but we thought that the food was superb and the ambience was nice and intimate. We love Murano on S class ships, and found it to be comparible.

We found Eden quite underwhelming, although I think we were in the minority here. Our experience was a little spoiled by over fussy staff, and being asked about our day by everyone from the head chef to bottle washer. To be fair, it was the inaugural cruise, and I think they were just trying a little too hard. The food was very good, but I can't remember what I ate, so it didn't stand out

Ocean view was superb with lots of choice. Our big letdown was Luminae. With so many suites, it now feels like a MDR. We ate in Blu most evenings. Very good food and excellent service

Enjoy 🙂 

I hate to hear this about the Luminae feeling like the MDR since they seem to have enlarged it.  We ate in Luminae on the Edge, so is Luminae larger than the one on Edge?  I can see Celebrity enlarging it as the suites seem to sell out most of the time.  Just wish they could or would add the pool to the older ships so that the Retreat had more to offer. 

5 hours ago, cruisin' friends said:

The tasting menu does not include wines.  The Som can work with your package to get you wines to pair though or even for a smaller upcharge.  The upcharge for the wine tasting is $100. 

Food is so subjective, we just got off the Beyond Saturday.  Luminae was just ok, loved Cypress and Normadie was just ok.  We had the Champagne dinner in Fine Cut and were not impressed like we have been at other venues. 

The Elite coffee house breakfast is offered in Le Grand Bistro.  Hardly attended at all.

Interesting location,.We stop in to the Elite coffee house during most cruises...if we are not assigned to BLU.. 

We ate lunch at tge Bistro  a few times on EDGE..great selections,  service and location. Will def try it on BEYOND

11 hours ago, cruisin' friends said:

Can you get good coffee to take away at the coffee house breakfast.  My husband doesn't like their breakfast so we go elsewhere but I do like a proper cup of coffee 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, LINGBER said:

J

We are sailing in a Sky Suite. Our Retreat host is the best we have had. AJ is a true gem. Attentive and genuinely nice. We aren’t usually super high maintenance but did request different pillows and some help with our outlets. More on that later. He is always available with a smile. 

Nice to see AJ “moving on up”! We had him as a retreat host on the Edge shortly after the restart last summer. I agree with your assessment. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

Just off the Beyond this past Saturday and loved it! If you enjoyed the Apex, you will love this ship. It's the Apex and then some. I personally had no problem with the new placement of the Cabanas on the pool deck - they're definitely in a much better place than they were on Edge/Apex. I was not impressed with Le Voyage. The service was incredible and the food was good - but it's not worth the price tag.

I do YouTube and have several videos of the Beyond - including a full review of the ship - already on my channel. Link below. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, cruisin' friends said:

I am stunned that the tasting menu doesn't include the wine pairing when it is such a limited menu compared with the full menu. 

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can you get good coffee to take away at the coffee house breakfast.  My husband doesn't like their breakfast so we go elsewhere but I do like a proper cup of coffee 

We have always had served coffee at the Elite breakfast.. used to be held in Tuscan...We would  go to Cafe Baccio or Segundo in the buffet for take away coffees.  No idea what the plan is at the new location on the new ship.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:57 AM, mk960072 said:

I hate to hear this about the Luminae feeling like the MDR since they seem to have enlarged it.  We ate in Luminae on the Edge, so is Luminae larger than the one on Edge?  I can see Celebrity enlarging it as the suites seem to sell out most of the time.  Just wish they could or would add the pool to the older ships so that the Retreat had more to offer. 

I've not been on Edge, but I understand that Luminae on Beyond is bigger due to the increased amount of suites

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 5:15 AM, Londoncruising1971 said:

I've not been on Edge, but I understand that Luminae on Beyond is bigger due to the increased amount of suites

i had read that too, that Luminae is bigger as they added more suites.