Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

We just passed the final hurdle...after 2 cancelaltions and waiting since Oct 2019... our covid tests are negative! We are already in Miami and just tested at 2pm, exactly 48hrs before boarding! 

We've waited longer for this trip than we had known each other before we got married!!

Bring on the mega rockstar experience!

• Like 9

I hear you Sid about last minute craziness before a vaca!  I had a job completed and ready to roll (earlier than usual to allow me to go on a cruise) and the property suffered damage causing all sorts of stress.  Fortunately it all came together so I can go on said cruise.  THEN Walgreens said at the drive through window that their system is down and they were unable to do Covid tests.  I scrambled and found another source for tests.  UGH!

I'm hoping this added stress before my vaca makes it all the more sweet to be on the high seas.  I hope that is also the case for you👍

Looking forward to your review!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

Hey Sid!!

Long time lurker here -  I seldom post but live vicariously thru your adventures.  Just want you to know that there are probably thousands of silent readers out here who follow you.

Have a great vacation!!

• Like 11

We finally caught a break here at work, and I came to the back to do my eMed corona virus test. I had forgotten my account information, so I had to create a whole new password, and the process took longer than I expected. Finally, the verification code came through after five different tries. I just now was able to get in touch with the testing proctor, and I'm in the "waiting for results" holding pattern. So far, my results are looking good! God forbid I actually test positive and miss my entire vacation:( With a bit of luck, soon I'll be cleared for takeoff. I already checked in for my flight and printed my boarding pass. My TSA pre check is good to go, and by this time tomorrow I'll be drinking and eating somewhere in Miami!...

PXL_20220525_194702638.thumb.jpg.c61bcff2a99a4a64637098ed90a3e849.jpg

PXL_20220525_195319163.thumb.jpg.0e8c824caaa315b77d0f9441daf590fa.jpg

PXL_20220525_195326242.jpg

• Like 7

Four minutes to go, and my test card is looking good! Pretty soon I'll be 100% certified to cruise! The last time I took one of these tests was back in January, and I was positive. I think that I caught it from a guy at work, and by the time I started feeling bad, I think I gave it to someone else while out for dinner... 

• Like 3

If you’ve never run across one of my “reviews”, I guess that it should come with a disclaimer attached. It’s probably a bit of a stretch to call whatever this is a review at all. It’s just going to be the true story, in real time, of my experience… My cruising style may vary from most, and I occupy much of my time eating and drinking and exploring the ship. I will try to give you some “added value”, as the story unfolds, but it’ll mostly just revolve around whatever I decide to do (or, not do) at any given time. My punctuation is just completely made up out of the blue, and often doesn’t follow any grammatical standards. At some points, you may be intrigued, and at others I may come across as an insufferable ****, and I’m okay with both. So, pour yourself a tall frosty adult beverage of your liking, and enjoy the ride… 

• Like 33

I am glad you got past the blahs/funk you encountered on the Mardi Gras and haven’t given up reviewing your cruises. I hope your encounter with the sandflies on Roatan is completely behind you now also. My next cruise isn’t a until the Caribbean Princess in April 2023. Here is wishing you have a great cruise, I will be reading along with you.

Rick

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

If you’ve never run across one of my “reviews”, I guess that it should come with a disclaimer attached. It’s probably a bit of a stretch to call whatever this is a review at all. It’s just going to be the true story, in real time, of my experience… My cruising style may vary from most, and I occupy much of my time eating and drinking and exploring the ship. I will try to give you some “added value”, as the story unfolds, but it’ll mostly just revolve around whatever I decide to do (or, not do) at any given time. My punctuation is just completely made up out of the blue, and often doesn’t follow any grammatical standards. At some points, you may be intrigued, and at others I may come across as an insufferable ****, and I’m okay with both. So, pour yourself a tall frosty adult beverage of your liking, and enjoy the ride… 

Don't ell yourself short...you have an excellent style of writing! That's why we are all here (and on the Tribe board).

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Don't ell yourself short...you have an excellent style of writing! That's why we are all here (and on the Tribe board).

And, yet I still haven't aquired the "rare" logo over my profile picture...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I wanted to go out for a walk after work, but it looks like the rain is rolling in. I guess that I do have a lot of stuff to do here, what with the laundry and packing ect... I've started putting together some of the items I'll need. My hangover remedies, including the new ByTox patch. I'm also bringing my "portable fireplace" auto fragrance to make my cabin smell like a real mountain escape. Other items include: Liquid IV, Rebound patches, DHM, CBD oil to help me sleep, my backup reading glasses, and a buttload of handy wipes...

PXL_20220525_210822030.thumb.jpg.a303545f7c3736ca9ab1163466746b66.jpg

PXL_20220525_210826999.thumb.jpg.33e8ad4a5f0f60b7ad991a2ee3327d50.jpg

PXL_20220525_210857582.jpg

• Like 8