Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

If you’ve never run across one of my “reviews”, I guess that it should come with a disclaimer attached. It’s probably a bit of a stretch to call whatever this is a review at all. It’s just going to be the true story, in real time, of my experience… My cruising style may vary from most, and I occupy much of my time eating and drinking and exploring the ship. I will try to give you some “added value”, as the story unfolds, but it’ll mostly just revolve around whatever I decide to do (or, not do) at any given time. My punctuation is just completely made up out of the blue, and often doesn’t follow any grammatical standards. At some points, you may be intrigued, and at others I may come across as an insufferable ****, and I’m okay with both. So, pour yourself a tall frosty adult beverage of your liking, and enjoy the ride… 

I LOVE your reviews, journal, ramblings, whatever you call them. Always happy when you go cruising 💜

• Like 4

I considered going all in and getting a nice new phone before I headed out for vacation, but I decided to just try and limp my now four year old Google Pixel 3 XL through one more workout… I've also got my trusty rusty Pixel II XL as a backup. With all the money I'm going to be blowing through these next couple of weeks, I figured it would just add insult to injury. 

One great thing about Virgin Voyages is that they allow you to switch back and forth seamlessly between two devices without trouble. I remember my last cruise on Carnival trying to log out of one then onto the other proved to be a nightmare for someone like me who's not exactly technically inclined...

PXL_20220525_210816135.jpg

• Like 5

Well happy days!  Only missed the first five pages!…caught up and looking forward to your review…have a super super time Sid…you deserve a great cruise…and thanks for entertaining us folks at home!  Enjoy!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

And, yet I still haven't aquired the "rare" logo over my profile picture...

Maybe it’s because you don’t have any dates in your heading, so CC doesn’t know it’s  a current review. Are you able to retitle it? Maybe change the words “back to back!” to just “B2B” and add the dates.

Edited by blarko
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, blarko said:

Maybe it’s because you don’t have any dates in your heading, so CC doesn’t know it’s  a current review. Are you able to retitle it? Maybe change the words “back to back!” to just “B2B” and add the dates.

You can't edit anything after about a half hour... I'm not really worried about it, I just thought it was strange since practically every Time, Dick, and Harry have the "rare" designation...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Laundry is in the dryer, and I just squeezed a nice batch of limes, which have now been mixed with tequila and orange liqueur. I almost forgot that tonight is the season finale of Survivor, so I guess that I'll be watching that. In other news: items have begun going into the suitcase!

PXL_20220525_223955435.jpg

• Like 11

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

And, yet I still haven't aquired the "rare" logo over my profile picture...

I never do reviews anyways with well over sixty cruises. Nor have I understood this rare logo thingy either.  I enjoy reading your reviews, which would kill anything I could offer CC readers .👍

As for my plans in Miami? Well, I want to try something completely “new to me”, as I normally gravitate towards the same spots over and over again. I made a reservation at one place, where I actually had to give my credit card info just to get the res… In addition to that, anything is game, as I’m always excited to spend some time (and money) in the Magic City… I’ll be utilizing the Metro Rail and free Metro Mover to get around. I’m trying to keep my “on the ground” costs down, even though I always end up spending a couple hundred dollars just on food & beverages for one afternoon / evening.

I went ahead and did some research into Key West, even though I have no idea if we’re even going there. I’ve mapped out a few restaurants and bars that I might like to try out. Other than that, I’d like to take a dip in the ocean while I’m there, but Key West isn’t really known for their beaches. Last time, I walked all the way to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, and the beach was pretty rocky. I’ve heard that there’s some decent snorkeling there, but I’m just going tom wing it at this point. 

For the Dominican Republic, I don’t have any game plan whatsoever. The beaches seem to be a long bumpy ride from the port, and from what I’ve read, not particularly nice. I may just wander the town outside the port area and see what I can get into. 

And, of course, every Virgin Voyages sailing includes a trip to Bimini, which features a really nice beach and a massive pool, and also an “included” lunch which is pretty good. Last time, I went early while it wasn’t crowded, and took a swim in the ocean, followed by a dip in the pool, which I normally don’t do. It appeared to be sparkling clean, so I just went for it. Interesting how I obsess over what types of contaminants I’ll encounter in a public swimming pool, whereas I know for sure that there’s whale urine in the ocean, but I don’t care. I’ve also bandied about the idea of renting a golf cart to explore more of the island, but we’ll see. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Left or Right?... I wore the red ones on the MerMaiden voyage, but I'm leaning towards the more subdued pair with the grey and black...

PXL_20220525_234232189.jpg

Don’t bother asking women, we will just tell you to take both 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Impossible... Size 14 Men's...

My late husband wore a 13 and was required to wear steel toed shoes when entering a warehouse at the shipyard where we worked.  He left them by the door one afternoon and I tripped over one of them.  I went flying and the shoe just stayed right where it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I'm going to be adding another pin to my Caribbean map... Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic... I've been to La Romana on a Carnival cruise a few years ago, but that's on the whole other side of the island...

PXL_20220526_004419418.jpg

• Like 6